Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.

cry more

Who's crying? We won, yet you're mad that I'm pointing out the obvious. That he's gone after this season is so locked in stone that it's not even debatable at this point. Everything that's happened the last 5 weeks has only made that more certain. Who cares though? That's an off-season thing. Right now, we should just hope this team continues this roll and then be excited to see Trey next year.

Quite a few of you are very vocal about how badly you want him gone, and immediately after some iconic Niners wins. Y'all are missing a great ride because you're blinded by irrational hatred.

I'm more just puzzled that there is this rush to give 100% of the credit to one guy after we win when this was the ultimate team effort. We didn't even score an offensive TD. I'll say again, I credit Jimmy for making two clutch throws at the end, but this was a great effort by the team, and mostly the defense and ST (surprisingly).

Nobody is arguing that. The only person laying fault after a tremendous win is you guys. Nobody is saying Jimmy went right out and destroyed his foe but when it mattered he got it done. When Rodgers had a chance he went 3 and out. It was an ugly game all around but only one QB drove his team down with 3:20 left. And yes credit Deebo, Kittle, and Mitchell of course. Gould as well. Team right? Not you. Team and Jimmy.

There's also a twinge of, "I told you so".

We were told this wasn't a SB roster. That it wasn't even before the season began. Now we're being told thay the roster is so incredibly stacked that it wins despite its qb even with Tom Compton blocking like a turnstile.

We were told that Jimmy G can't win with the game on him. He's given 3 huge game-winning drives, and 3 drives to tie the game against the Rams, Packers. Bengals and Titans.

Acting like that doesn't matter because we didn't blow the team out is silly after a HUGE win that no one thought we'd get.
Originally posted by Ninerforever:
Quite a few of you are very vocal about how badly you want him gone, and immediately after some iconic Niners wins. Y'all are missing a great ride because you're blinded by irrational hatred.

This is so well said!! it's a sad thing for some of these so called Niner fans.

Maybe they are younger fans or something? I don't know, it's mind blowing to me. I'm old enough to have grown up during the 80's and 90's glory years. Some very emotional and historic playoff games versus the Cowboys and Packers. And this season we go on the road in back to back weeks and beat them both in the final moments of the game? After beating the Rams on the road to even get in?? It's like a dream, the nostalgia is palpable.

Like I said, this is a very special team in a nontraditional way. Blue collar. Ugly. Bunch of tough gamers grinding it out and winning the war of attrition on a week to week basis. Truly inspiring, and Jimmy is a big part of that. Shame that some are missing out.

As 49er fans, we ARE spoiled because we've had Joe Montana and Steve Young putting up huge numbers in big games. For goodness sakes, Steve Young won a Super Bowl by throwing 6 touchdowns... which broke Joe Montana's record. We're used to winning... with style.

And after those two QB's... we had Jeff Garcia, who went to a couple Pro Bowls himself and put up some very good seasons throwing to Terrell Owens.

Offensive innovation is big to 49er fans. Likewise, good defense is almost culturally important for the blue-collar AFC teams like the Steelers or Ravens. I bet if Jimmy had this type of success in those teams, fans would be very happy with him.
If we just get good qb play for once we can win the SB right here right now.

Play better Jimmy and bring home #6.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
He failed 3x vs the Chiefs and didn't bring home the trophy.

That was where I jumped off the Jimmy bandwagon.

But can redeem himself if he wins the next two games and is a strong reason why we win.

Let's see.

Thank you. That's where everyone comes down to. People refuse to admit it too often you blame Jimmy for not hitting a 50 yard post to a receiver the team acquired in week 7.

That's the majority of people who want Jimmy gone. Kyle knew he couldn't rely on health and if you're gonna invest a lot, you need to invest enough to get that rookie contract to pay other guys.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jimmy is coming back next year!!!

He may do that.

Oh hell no.
FINAL JG STATS

1 GW drive
1 Feels great postgame comment
1 WIN
1 Eff the Packers

Quest for 6 is a two game win streak from actually happening

LFG
Originally posted by Wubbie:
As 49er fans, we ARE spoiled because we've had Joe Montana and Steve Young putting up huge numbers in big games. For goodness sakes, Steve Young won a Super Bowl by throwing 6 touchdowns... which broke Joe Montana's record. We're used to winning... with style.

And after those two QB's... we had Jeff Garcia, who went to a couple Pro Bowls himself and put up some very good seasons throwing to Terrell Owens.

Offensive innovation is big to 49er fans. Likewise, good defense is almost culturally important for the blue-collar AFC teams like the Steelers or Ravens. I bet if Jimmy had this type of success in those teams, fans would be very happy with him.

People forget how freaking hard it is to get where we are right now. In 18 years the 49ers didn't make the Super bowl 13 times. 13 times Joe and Steve got bounced in the playoffs.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.

cry more

Who's crying? We won, yet you're mad that I'm pointing out the obvious. That he's gone after this season is so locked in stone that it's not even debatable at this point. Everything that's happened the last 5 weeks has only made that more certain. Who cares though? That's an off-season thing. Right now, we should just hope this team continues this roll and then be excited to see Trey next year.

I'm more just puzzled that there is this rush to give 100% of the credit to one guy after we win when this was the ultimate team effort. We didn't even score an offensive TD. I'll say again, I credit Jimmy for making two clutch throws at the end, but this was a great effort by the team, and mostly the defense and ST (surprisingly).

Nobody is arguing that. The only person laying fault after a tremendous win is you guys. Nobody is saying Jimmy went right out and destroyed his foe but when it mattered he got it done. When Rodgers had a chance he went 3 and out. It was an ugly game all around but only one QB drove his team down with 3:20 left. And yes credit Deebo, Kittle, and Mitchell of course. Gould as well. Team right? Not you. Team and Jimmy.

We were told this wasn't a SB roster. That it wasn't even before the season began. Now we're being told thay the roster is so incredibly stacked that it wins despite its qb even with Tom Compton blocking like a turnstile.

We were told that Jimmy G can't win with the game on him. He's given 3 huge game-winning drives, and 3 drives to tie the game against the Rams, Packers. Bengals and Titans.

Acting like that doesn't matter because we didn't blow the team out is silly after a HUGE win that no one thought we'd get.

The offense scored 6 points tonight. Could you find it in your heart, just once, to give just a tiny bit of credit to the defense? For the first time?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jimmy is coming back next year!!!

He may do that.

Oh hell no.

I know, this whole winning thing sucks.....

cry more

The offense scored 6 points tonight. Could you find it in your heart, just once, to give just a tiny bit of credit to the defense? For the first time?

Just once? You obviously didn't watch my last review video. I spent 75% or more of thay video on the defense and 90% of those next one will too.

Defense and special teams only reason Jimmy had a chance to be clutch Jimmy on last drive.

So thankful for the D and special teams to provide that opportunity.

cry more

Just once? You obviously didn't watch my last review video. I spent 75% or more of thay video on the defense and 90% of those next one will too.

Ring showing his true colors.
Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive

People forget that's how Joe played all the effing time. There's a reason Steve had better numbers except the playoffs. Joe would play meh for 3 quarters then become the GOAT in crunch time.

I'm not saying Jimmy is Joe, but in 2019 and this season he's had 7 game-winning drives and 10 total with the team. We ain't done yet and 28 other qb's are gonna be watching the game and/or golfing next week.

Folks do yall finally believe me now about being bias????

And this is all for JIMMY F'N GAROPPOLO! Who hasn't been with us for that long... who hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

Again... in the past 4 games... Jimmy has 6.... SIX INTERCEPTIONS!

How about we compare Joe Montana's stats vs Jimmy in the Playoffs?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 22, 2022 at 10:34 PM ]
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
f**k that packers!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by dj43:
Well, it didn't work that way tonight. In fact, the opposite was the case tonight.

Way to be a smarty-pants I would've said it another way but I don't feel like getting banned lol. Obviously it was the opposite tonight but 99.9% of the time Rodgers can win with a decent team and has been doing that forever. Jimmy can only win with an elite defense in an elite running game that is a fact it is not questionable not because I said it. Because Jimmy has only one with that. Jimmy and it's obvious by his place you cannot put them in a game where he's throwing 30 passage to win a game. With a half ass defense.

Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

3 game-winning drives against 3 of the top 8 teams in the NFL....

Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive

People forget that's how Joe played all the effing time. There's a reason Steve had better numbers except the playoffs. Joe would play meh for 3 quarters then become the GOAT in crunch time.

I'm not saying Jimmy is Joe, but in 2019 and this season he's had 7 game-winning drives and 10 total with the team. We ain't done yet and 28 other qb's are gonna be watching the game and/or golfing next week.

Folks do yall believe me now about being bias????

And this is all for JIMMY F'N GAROPPOLO! Who hasn't been with us for that long... who hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

Again... in the past 4 games... Jimmy has 6.... SIX INTERCEPTIONS!

How about we compare Joe Montana's stats vs Jimmy in the Playoffs?

ANGER!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone