• Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jrg:
Gave up too much.

No.

Lol try harder

They should have offered the saints pick. He will fail in SF behind this o line and lack of weapons.

You're upset about the difference in 15-20 picks when you possibly just got your franchise QB?

Or, should I say, the 49ers possibly got their franchise QB. You admitted a few days ago that you're not even a fan of the team.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Crown:

0riginally posted by pdizo916:
Did the 49ers extend him?

can't imagine Garop would take a single snap w/out a new contract (I'm sure they've already agreed to something in principal). It's one thing to hold a clip board for the ageless Brady w/out a contract but to be thrown to the wolves w/ our pathetic OL and risk ending his career without a (relative) nickle in the bank??? Not happening. Hopefully it will be a very 49er friendly, incentive laden deal. We'll prolly know this week.
Gave up too much.

No.

Lol try harder

They should have offered the saints pick. He will fail in SF behind this o line and lack of weapons.

Patriots trying to flip the pick for DL help.

49er have weapons Garcon is good, kittle gonna be solid, Trent taylor as well, Goodwin is solid. The OL is ? But QB play makes everyone better so we hope he plans out.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by okdkid:
NBC Sports Boston‏Verified account @NBCSBoston 3h3 hours agoMore
Jimmy Garoppolo 'can't get on the plane fast enough' after trade to #49ers - @MikeGiardi http://bit.ly/2gQbJQN

Love it
That is so good to hear. Wants to be hear.
Originally posted by LenCat:

can't imagine Garop would take a single snap w/out a new contract (I'm sure they've already agreed to something in principal). It's one thing to hold a clip board for the ageless Brady w/out a contract but to be thrown to the wolves w/ our pathetic OL and risk ending his career without a (relative) nickle in the bank??? Not happening. Hopefully it will be a very 49er friendly, incentive laden deal. We'll prolly know this week.

I wonder what would the numbers be for him. I'm interested.
Originally posted by Crown:
Hey Kendrick Bourne time to sell that number.
The former Eastern Illinois signal caller has never lacked for confidence, and has long believed that - given the chance - he could ascend up the QB ranks, especially after fellow draft classmates Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Teddy Bridgewater and others earned immediate starts with their respective organizations and - in Carr's case - a massive contract extension this summer. Now Garoppolo, who's slated to be a free agent at season's end, will hurriedly ingest the San Francisco playbook in hopes of putting himself in that class. With offensive-minded Kyle Shanahan calling the shots in his first year as head coach with the Niners, he'll be asked to do a lot.

The same source telling me "this is a match made in heaven. These two are going to love each other."

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/garoppolo-cant-get-plane-fast-enough-after-trade-49ers
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Patriots trying to flip the pick for DL help.

49er have weapons Garcon is good, kittle gonna be solid, Trent taylor as well, Goodwin is solid. The OL is ? But QB play makes everyone better so we hope he plans out.

they do have some weapons but not the ones that McDaniels has in NE. Keep in mind that the fans need to be patient because this is a new system for this kid. I hope this fanbase can be patient with him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Gave up too much.

No.

Lol try harder

He gives us someone to build around and grow a team with. Unless you were happy with the Hoyer's of the world??

We got our franchise Qb - god bless the football gods.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The former Eastern Illinois signal caller has never lacked for confidence, and has long believed that - given the chance - he could ascend up the QB ranks, especially after fellow draft classmates Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Teddy Bridgewater and others earned immediate starts with their respective organizations and - in Carr's case - a massive contract extension this summer. Now Garoppolo, who's slated to be a free agent at season's end, will hurriedly ingest the San Francisco playbook in hopes of putting himself in that class. With offensive-minded Kyle Shanahan calling the shots in his first year as head coach with the Niners, he'll be asked to do a lot.

The same source telling me "this is a match made in heaven. These two are going to love each other."

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/garoppolo-cant-get-plane-fast-enough-after-trade-49ers

Originally posted by mayo49:

I hope you're right. This team needs some sort of luck. It's been nothing but bad news as of late.
Originally posted by LenCat:

No, he's under contract to play football. And he's gonna step and play football no matter what the o line looks like.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by okdkid:
NBC Sports Boston‏Verified account @NBCSBoston 3h3 hours agoMore
Jimmy Garoppolo 'can't get on the plane fast enough' after trade to #49ers - @MikeGiardi http://bit.ly/2gQbJQN

Love it
That is so good to hear. Wants to be hear.

I here you
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by jcs:
Gave up too much.

No.

Lol try harder

He gives us someone to build around and grow a team with. Unless you were happy with the Hoyer's of the world??

Yeah, because they owe this team big time
Share 49ersWebzone