Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 311 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The best part about this trade is that there's no stupid ass saying like "49ers have interest in trading for Jimmy Garappolo" then trade goes through with another team. 49ers ACTUALLY are involved in a big time trade!!!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
General thought in football twitter is that Jimmy Garoppolo gets a 5 year, $100M deal. Roughly $50M gtd.
My only problem with Jimmy G is can he take hits in limited playing time he's got hurt
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
My only problem with Jimmy G is can he take hits in limited playing time he's got hurt

Would imagine the Niners will use that as leverage, or just let him play out the year on his current deal to prove otherwise.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The former Eastern Illinois signal caller has never lacked for confidence, and has long believed that - given the chance - he could ascend up the QB ranks, especially after fellow draft classmates Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Teddy Bridgewater and others earned immediate starts with their respective organizations and - in Carr's case - a massive contract extension this summer. Now Garoppolo, who's slated to be a free agent at season's end, will hurriedly ingest the San Francisco playbook in hopes of putting himself in that class. With offensive-minded Kyle Shanahan calling the shots in his first year as head coach with the Niners, he'll be asked to do a lot.

The same source telling me "this is a match made in heaven. These two are going to love each other."

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/garoppolo-cant-get-plane-fast-enough-after-trade-49ers

He doesn't havr to be the guy who took over for Tom Brady, he would always be known as thst guy. He can build his own legacy here.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:
Only where it counts...I've seen the pics!!

• thl408
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The best part about this trade is that there's no stupid ass saying like "49ers have interest in trading for Jimmy Garappolo" then trade goes through with another team. 49ers ACTUALLY are involved in a big time trade!!!!!

No leakage.
Now if only if this team can get Bryant from the Steelers. That would be one less thing to worry about.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
NBC Sports Boston‏Verified account @NBCSBoston 3h3 hours agoMore
Jimmy Garoppolo 'can't get on the plane fast enough' after trade to #49ers - @MikeGiardi http://bit.ly/2gQbJQN

I'll send my private jet to pick him up.

I got a pilot on my payroll, might as well put that bum to work.
Originally posted by LenCat:
0riginally posted by pdizo916:
Did the 49ers extend him?

can't imagine Garop would take a single snap w/out a new contract (I'm sure they've already agreed to something in principal). It's one thing to hold a clip board for the ageless Brady w/out a contract but to be thrown to the wolves w/ our pathetic OL and risk ending his career without a (relative) nickle in the bank??? Not happening. Hopefully it will be a very 49er friendly, incentive laden deal. We'll prolly know this week.
Trust me, he'll get the bank, and we have the money to do it. I guarantee you that a deal has already been agreed upon. I just hope it's front loaded and full of incentives. But this will probably get done before the weeks end.

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No leakage.

No confirmation yet, either. That's weird. Not a peep yet.
  • NM16
  • Veteran
General thought in football twitter is that Jimmy Garoppolo gets a 5 year, $100M deal. Roughly $50M gtd.

Wouldn't we just see how he does and tag him for next season to make sure he doesnt get injured or something. Get a good look before signing him?

Wow. Where'd you pull that out of your ass? $50mm for a quarterback that's barely played?

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Gave up too much.

No.

Lol try harder

They should have offered the saints pick. He will fail in SF behind this o line and lack of weapons.

Well now that we have weighed in with the daily dose of negativity we can all go to bed.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
DeBartolo
Garoppolo

Sourdough
Share 49ersWebzone