There are 126 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Now if only if this team can get Bryant from the Steelers. That would be one less thing to worry about.

Agree with you here
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The best part about this trade is that there's no stupid ass saying like "49ers have interest in trading for Jimmy Garappolo" then trade goes through with another team. 49ers ACTUALLY are involved in a big time trade!!!!!

No leakage.

Ain't that the truth!!!

John Lynch......much respect.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
DeBartolo
Garoppolo

Sourdough

Joe
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
DeBartolo
Garoppolo

Sourdough

Banjo
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by LenCat:
0riginally posted by pdizo916:
Did the 49ers extend him?

can't imagine Garop would take a single snap w/out a new contract (I'm sure they've already agreed to something in principal). It's one thing to hold a clip board for the ageless Brady w/out a contract but to be thrown to the wolves w/ our pathetic OL and risk ending his career without a (relative) nickle in the bank??? Not happening. Hopefully it will be a very 49er friendly, incentive laden deal. We'll prolly know this week.

No, he's under contract to play football. And he's gonna step and play football no matter what the o line looks like.

Not w/out a new contract he aint
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by LenCat:
0riginally posted by pdizo916:
Did the 49ers extend him?

can't imagine Garop would take a single snap w/out a new contract (I'm sure they've already agreed to something in principal). It's one thing to hold a clip board for the ageless Brady w/out a contract but to be thrown to the wolves w/ our pathetic OL and risk ending his career without a (relative) nickle in the bank??? Not happening. Hopefully it will be a very 49er friendly, incentive laden deal. We'll prolly know this week.
Trust me, he'll get the bank, and we have the money to do it. I guarantee you that a deal has already been agreed upon. I just hope it's front loaded and full of incentives. But this will probably get done before the weeks end.

Exactly
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
JG trade story: Patriots tried
Here an inside story by Breer:

In the end, Jimmy Garoppolo wanted to be a starter, and the Patriots—having failed to make him happy—finally relented.
Inside the shock trade at the deadline that sends Tom Brady's backup to San Francisco to become Kyle Shanahan's main man:
Jimmy Garoppolo Trade: Insider Patriots-49ers Deal

Quote:

They were willing to pay to make it happen. They were willing to wait on him to close the deal. But late on Monday night,
the Patriots finally gave up hope, because they couldn't give Jimmy Garoppolo what he really wanted: playing time.
_
As I understand it, the Patriots put potential solutions in front of Garoppolo in the spring and summer to try to extend their
window to pass him the torch that Tom Brady has carried for the last 17 seasons. It would have cost them a lot, but they
were willing to carry two starting quarterback contracts on their books to do it. Garoppolo, however, made it clear he that
want to be a starter, not just a guy paid like one.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/jg-trade-story-patriots-tried.1141654/#post-5133003

Makes sense. This is the flaw in the logic of those saying "well if he really was good, the Patriots would never have traded him." Sounds like the choice wasn't really theirs if they were willing to pay up for Garoppolo but he refused to remain a backup for however many more years ageless wonder Brady has.

Make sense indeed ...
I'm not comparing Jimmy G to Steve (the player) ... but there are similarities,
with regard to their status: being a backup QB, behind a guy that just won't
die (so t-to-speak).

All the while feeling inside yourself, you're ready to begin your quest as a
starter, in the NFL. Not knowing all the details of Garopollo' other demands (if any)
on this trade ... I'd imagine the thought of playing with Shanahan, probably helped
narrowed his choice of a new home.
So happy with this move. I'd say roll with Beathard for now just to ensure Jimmy stays healthy, but I'm ordering my Jimmy jersey tomorrow.. and I can't wait to see him playing so I can rock it

Lynch, we need something for this OL if we want to play him right away though. Don't ruin this investment
Originally posted by Crown:
DeBartolo
Garoppolo

Sourdough

Banjo

Kokomo
  • Jiks
Watch Beathard come out and throw for 478 yards, 5 tds, 78 rushing yards this Sunday.
So what # is he going to get?

Is he going to take #10 from Bourne?

Originally posted by Jiks:
Watch Beathard come out and throw for 478 yards, 5 tds, 78 rushing yards this Sunday.

trade bait lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Now if only if this team can get Bryant from the Steelers. That would be one less thing to worry about.

Agree with you here

You never know what's brewing. Look at the Garoppolo trade, no one saw that coming.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
So how is Jimmy G going to do behind this 49ers' O Line? This is not the Patriots O Line.
Originally posted by Jiks:
I hope so. That'll make him the best backup in the league, and put this team in really good position at the QB spot. But this ship has sailed. Jimmy G. is the guy, and likely will be starting after the bye.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
My only problem with Jimmy G is can he take hits in limited playing time he's got hurt

Would imagine the Niners will use that as leverage, or just let him play out the year on his current deal to prove otherwise.

I hope so don't want our very Own Tony Romo problem
Share 49ersWebzone