LISTEN: The Best Of The 49ers Webzone: No Huddle Podcast →

There are 142 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Interesting....

Kinda odd since the Browns that Belichick worked for became the Baltimore Ravens. The current Browns are an entirely different organization.

But the Cleveland Browns got to keep all the team history. So it kinda is still the same organization. I know what you mean though.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Can't be my beloved 49ers

Yes it can. I remember clearly when the Niners made savvy trades and acquisitions, plenty of them. I fear this will not be remembered as one of them. Clearly a desperate move a clearheaded, smart GM would not make, given that he could have chosen between either Cousins or Garappolo in free agency at the end of this year, without squandering a high draft pick. It's not like any QB will be effective -- maybe not even motivated to play -- behind the train wreck of the awful Niners OL, which will not improve before the end of the year. If Garappolo has a smart agent, he'll insist on no more than a one year contract and sell his talents elsewhere as soon as he can.

Just madness.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LenCat:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
He better not Broc Osweiller us...... Probably spelled his name wrong, but who cares he sucks.

or Matt Flyn us or Scott Mitchell us or Matt Cassell us or....

So we're talking about guys who were drafted just to be drafted. Compared to a guy that was the highest draft pick for a quarterback Bella check is ever made. And we're talking about a guy that unlike the other guys is and was intended to be Tom Brady's successor
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Congratulations, Niners! You just acquired the second coming of Matt Cassell!!!

And squandered both what will be nearly a first round pick, as well as any shot you had at Kirk Cousins next year.

A day that will live in infamy, not unlike the OJ Simpson trade that ruined the team for years.

Your NFC West rivals say

What don't you like about him and who did you want?

You don't expect him to know anything about him do you?

I mean if someone is throwing out an idiotic comparison of Garappolo to Cassell then they obviously don't watch football.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Interesting....

Kinda odd since the Browns that Belichick worked for became the Baltimore Ravens. The current Browns are an entirely different organization.

Bad memories from that 95 season will do that to you.
These Browns hired Mangini off his staff who I believe started one of the "gates"
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Hmmmm, JG gets a half season worth of real snaps to pick up the offense for next season.
5 years 108mil- My guess.

With marathe writing up one of his usual contracts making it a three years whatever contract with good options for the FO in the final two years. Be a good time to front load it and get most of the guaranteed out of the way in the first two years while still rebuilding, and then have extra capital when we are ready to make a run. (To clarify, i think he is good at this).

DO IT!
Yes it can. I remember clearly when the Niners made savvy trades and acquisitions, plenty of them. I fear this will not be remembered as one of them. Clearly a desperate move a clearheaded, smart GM would not make, given that he could have chosen between either Cousins or Garappolo in free agency at the end of this year, without squandering a high draft pick. It's not like any QB will be effective -- maybe not even motivated to play -- behind the train wreck of the awful Niners OL, which will not improve before the end of the year. If Garappolo has a smart agent, he'll insist on no more than a one year contract and sell his talents elsewhere as soon as he can.

Just madness.

He is the realest dude in the room!

Just madness.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
The people who compare him to Matt Cassell and Matt Flynn should repeatedly punch themselves in the throat.

There is no comparison, at all.

Congratulations, Niners! You just acquired the second coming of Matt Cassell!!!

And squandered both what will be nearly a first round pick, as well as any shot you had at Kirk Cousins next year.

A day that will live in infamy, not unlike the OJ Simpson trade that ruined the team for years.

Your NFC West rivals say

Garappolo and Cassell have nothing in common other than they played on the Patriots. You can't compare their talent or drive.

And calling a 2nd round pick a 1st round pick is just retarded. Do you consider picks #30-32 to be nearly a 2nd round pick?
Joe Thomas (not Eddie's best hire LOL) traded a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th, all top picks, and O.J. was 31 and coming off serious recent knee surgery. I remember that day. It was the Niners' Pearl Harbor. Hardly compares.

Originally posted by jcs:
These Browns hired Mangini off his staff who I believe started one of the "gates"

He went to the Jets first, that is where Spygate happened.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Just madness.

I 100% disagree. Jimmy G and cousins were both targets. But how good Shanahan and cousins are maybe he found out that there was no way he was coming to be a 49er. And also I think Jimmy G is worth the second round pick. Belichick did but I'm guessing you know more than Bellachick. And Kyle wanted him them to. He's extremely accurate he makes good decisions and he has a lightning fast release. Those are the exact traits that Kyle wants.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

He went to the Jets first, that is where Spygate happened.
Just caught that...thanks
castro street is gonna love this kid

Just madness.

Can I have some of whatever you are smoking???
Share 49ersWebzone