LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 196 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Yes it can. I remember clearly when the Niners made savvy trades and acquisitions, plenty of them. I fear this will not be remembered as one of them. Clearly a desperate move a clearheaded, smart GM would not make, given that he could have chosen between either Cousins or Garappolo in free agency at the end of this year, without squandering a high draft pick. It's not like any QB will be effective -- maybe not even motivated to play -- behind the train wreck of the awful Niners OL, which will not improve before the end of the year. If Garappolo has a smart agent, he'll insist on no more than a one year contract and sell his talents elsewhere as soon as he can.

Just madness.

He is the realest dude in the room!
He's the most wrong dude in the room!!
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Can't be my beloved 49ers

Yes it can. I remember clearly when the Niners made savvy trades and acquisitions, plenty of them. I fear this will not be remembered as one of them. Clearly a desperate move a clearheaded, smart GM would not make, given that he could have chosen between either Cousins or Garappolo in free agency at the end of this year, without squandering a high draft pick. It's not like any QB will be effective -- maybe not even motivated to play -- behind the train wreck of the awful Niners OL, which will not improve before the end of the year. If Garappolo has a smart agent, he'll insist on no more than a one year contract and sell his talents elsewhere as soon as he can.

Just madness.

Can I have some of whatever you are smoking???

So you can sound like you have no idea what you're talking about too? Why would you want to smoke that?
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by LenCat:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
0riginally posted by pdizo916:
Did the 49ers extend him?

can't imagine Garop would take a single snap w/out a new contract (I'm sure they've already agreed to something in principal). It's one thing to hold a clip board for the ageless Brady w/out a contract but to be thrown to the wolves w/ our pathetic OL and risk ending his career without a (relative) nickle in the bank??? Not happening. Hopefully it will be a very 49er friendly, incentive laden deal. We'll prolly know this week.

No, he's under contract to play football. And he's gonna step and play football no matter what the o line looks like.

Not w/out a new contract he aint
0riginally posted by pdizo916:
Did the 49ers extend him?

can't imagine Garop would take a single snap w/out a new contract (I'm sure they've already agreed to something in principal). It's one thing to hold a clip board for the ageless Brady w/out a contract but to be thrown to the wolves w/ our pathetic OL and risk ending his career without a (relative) nickle in the bank??? Not happening. Hopefully it will be a very 49er friendly, incentive laden deal. We'll prolly know this week.
Trust me, he'll get the bank, and we have the money to do it. I guarantee you that a deal has already been agreed upon. I just hope it's front loaded and full of incentives. But this will probably get done before the weeks end.

Exactly

He's been waiting almost 4 years to prove he can be the guy and you think he's gonna come over to his new team and be a diva and say he isn't playing unless he gets a new contract? Great way to win over the team and fan base.

Nothing to do with being a diva. It's simple business. We will know this week

Just madness.

I don't think you want any. From the looks of things it causes acute brain damage.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
castro street is gonna love this kid

We're all gonna love this kid...
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Just madness.

So you can sound like you have no idea what you're talking about too? Why would you want to smoke that?

Because he is obviously tripping balls
Yay the Refs will actually help us!
Just a friendly reminder to play nice. Attack the post, not the poster and all that good stuff.

PS-I'm freaking pumped, can't wait for the Jimmy G era to begin!
Originally posted by stunder49:
Yay the Refs will actually help us!

Naw, they still gonna punish us for not suspending Aldon Smith when he got the DUI.

The s**t people come up with here... Lol

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just a friendly reminder to play nice. Attack the post, not the poster and all that good stuff.

PS-I'm freaking pumped, can't wait for the Jimmy G era to begin!

I just noticed you got Mod status. WTF that happen LOL? Congrats my dude!
This basically means the era of the great Patriots teams is coming to a close. A truly sad day in New England. When JG is winning superbowls in SF, everyone will wish they traded Brady to San Fran instead. Just wait.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/jimmy-garoppolo-traded-to-sf-for-2018-2nd-round-draft-pick.1141642/page-4
Congratulations, Niners! You just acquired the second coming of Matt Cassell!!!

And squandered both what will be nearly a first round pick, as well as any shot you had at Kirk Cousins next year.

A day that will live in infamy, not unlike the OJ Simpson trade that ruined the team for years.

Your NFC West rivals say

Don't feed the troll
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Originally posted by Rocket4989:
This basically means the era of the great Patriots teams is coming to a close. A truly sad day in New England. When JG is winning superbowls in SF, everyone will wish they traded Brady to San Fran instead. Just wait.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/jimmy-garoppolo-traded-to-sf-for-2018-2nd-round-draft-pick.1141642/page-4

I wouldn't have believed of this if I didn't go there and read it myself.
Share 49ersWebzone