There are 266 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Feels kinda good, baby!
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
We all know how this story is going to end.

NEXT!

Nothing changed with my expectations for the year. 1st or 2nd round bounce from Playoffs.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by jcs:
After this injury not so sure it's a guarantee, kid has barely played football going back to 2019. I can see more competition being either brought in or resigned for the job next offseason than many here are expecting despite the investment made.

He hasn't played badly.

In a second half and four starts he has:

SEA - played well coming in for injured Jimmy.

ARZ - played like a rookie making his first start. Not great, but not bad, either.

HOU - played well, helping team win in order to keep playoffs alive

CHI - played uneven in a rainstorm

SEA - Played well leading a couple scoring drives, injured on 2nd to last play of a 2nd FG drive

That's not playing badly. That's simply too small of a sample size to know how well he's gonna play.

So you take a second shot at what they were planning this year: develop him slowly, and see what he can become when getting some playing time under his belt.

He has been seriously injured in half of his starts and he has to recover from what might be very severe ankle injury.

I wasn't tripping on where he was in his development. I am tripping over him being injury prone and/or damaged goods.

Lance's career is over before it began; and that's all on KS for running him like Tom Rathman. It was inevitable if they continued to call RPO with option to go up the gut of the defense.
Originally posted by thl408:
Feels kinda good, baby!

This was my vibe all of yesterday
Originally posted by thl408:
Feels kinda good, baby!

Second chance, baby!
absolutely monday vibe
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
How does Jimmy impact our Cap now?

None. The incentives built in were designated likely-to-be-earned so they're already accounted for in the cap. If he doesn't meet them, then we're credited those cap monies next season
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Jimmy is just a class act. Clutch game after no preseaon practice, shoulder surgery and just a couple of weeks practice after the end of the preseason. In Jimmy we trust.

Quite honestly, I wonder if he even knew all the play calls given this offense was built for Trey. LOL. There were times he was kind of laughing with guys so it made me wonder.

In his presser he said there were a few plays called that he'd never run before. Was asked which ones and he said, "I can't tell you that *laughs*"

Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Youngone:
I say if win a super bowl, I'm all for resigning Jimmy and scrapping the Trey Lance project (as costly as it was). I hope we have that problem. You guys are crazy if you think Trey would've been named the starter if we won a chip last season. If we win a chip, it's Jimmy's team and you all know it.

Nah.

Jimmy winning a SB just prices him out from SF even more.

Lance is the starter next season. The question will be if Purdy or another non-Jimmy vet is backing him up.

After this injury not so sure it's a guarantee, kid has barely played football going back to 2019. I can see more competition being either brought in or resigned for the job next offseason than many here are expecting despite the investment made.

If they win a SB, it's bad PR for a team to reward a SB winning QB an exit out. I think common sense dictates that if you win a SB, the QB must've done a tremendously outstanding job like everyone else in the team not just in the SB per se but the whole journey to SB.

It's a unique situation, and one that ahead of time will be known to be headed towards a separation.

Everyone knows that Jimmy's 2022 is an audition to start somewhere else in 2023. Winning the SB doesn't change the math on needing to develop Lance to be the future at QB moving forward.

First, there's 15 more games to just get to the playoffs. A ton can happen in that time.
2nd, if Jimmy wins us a chip, how on earth do you justify moving on a QB that in 3 full-ish seasons you go to a SB, Conference championship game(in a season where you beat both teams in the super bowl in all 3 season games) and win a SB with? THAT would be unprecedented. The only example I can think of is Kurt Warner outside of Peyton, Joe and Tom in the twilight of their careers.
Oh well I spent my whole morning frustrated and bummed after a win. What's done is done.

We saw the Rams take Goff 1 overall. It didn't work for them the way they wanted. They said nevermind that.. moved on and won the Super Bowl.

No reason we can't have a champ season long as we keep winning. Next man up
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Oh well I spent my whole morning frustrated and bummed after a win. What's done is done.

We saw the Rams take Goff 1 overall. It didn't work for them the way they wanted. They said nevermind that.. moved on and won the Super Bowl.

No reason we can't have a champ season long as we keep winning. Next man up

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Jimmy is just a class act. Clutch game after no preseaon practice, shoulder surgery and just a couple of weeks practice after the end of the preseason. In Jimmy we trust.

Quite honestly, I wonder if he even knew all the play calls given this offense was built for Trey. LOL. There were times he was kind of laughing with guys so it made me wonder.

In his presser he said there were a few plays called that he'd never run before. Was asked which ones and he said, "I can't tell you that *laughs*"

Ahhhh. I figured as much.

Let Jimmy ad lib like in 2017 and yesterday. Too funny.
3 years 100 million if he keeps winning again.
Share 49ersWebzone