There are 287 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Oh well I spent my whole morning frustrated and bummed after a win. What's done is done.

We saw the Rams take Goff 1 overall. It didn't work for them the way they wanted. They said nevermind that.. moved on and won the Super Bowl.

No reason we can't have a champ season long as we keep winning. Next man up

I am seeing 300 yards and 3 scores in prime time hopefully Erin Andrews will be around to see it
LOL at everyone who thinks we have a better shot at winning a SB now. We were going to need an other worldly defensive season and a dominant rushing game regardless, just like any past success we've had with Shanahan.

In 6 playoff games Jimmy averages 160 yards per game, 60% comp., and only has 4 passing TD's. You think he's going to factor in to our Super Bowl run? When the playoffs come around we're all just holding our breath hoping he doesn't throw a stupid pick. How has everyone forgot about this already?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL at everyone who thinks we have a better shot at winning a SB now. We were going to need an other worldly defensive season and a dominant rushing game regardless, just like any past success we've had with Shanahan.

In 6 playoff games Jimmy averages 160 yards per game, 60% comp., and only has 4 passing TD's. You think he's going to factor in to our Super Bowl run? When the playoffs come around we're all just holding our breath hoping he doesn't throw a stupid pick. How has everyone forgot about this already?

We went far multiple times with him already. No reason he can't again. Same QB and the same team.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Totally forgot about that, no TC, no Preseason and no meaningful reps in practice leading up to the game.

2017 JG all over again. I know it won't be allowed by Kyle, but I like less constrained JG more than structured JG.

He's always seemed to have good instincts when just winging it. He seems to keep his eyes down the field a lot better, bigger plays seem to happen
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Youngone:
I say if win a super bowl, I'm all for resigning Jimmy and scrapping the Trey Lance project (as costly as it was). I hope we have that problem. You guys are crazy if you think Trey would've been named the starter if we won a chip last season. If we win a chip, it's Jimmy's team and you all know it.

Nah.

Jimmy winning a SB just prices him out from SF even more.

Lance is the starter next season. The question will be if Purdy or another non-Jimmy vet is backing him up.

After this injury not so sure it's a guarantee, kid has barely played football going back to 2019. I can see more competition being either brought in or resigned for the job next offseason than many here are expecting despite the investment made.

If they win a SB, it's bad PR for a team to reward a SB winning QB an exit out. I think common sense dictates that if you win a SB, the QB must've done a tremendously outstanding job like everyone else in the team not just in the SB per se but the whole journey to SB.

It's a unique situation, and one that ahead of time will be known to be headed towards a separation.

Everyone knows that Jimmy's 2022 is an audition to start somewhere else in 2023. Winning the SB doesn't change the math on needing to develop Lance to be the future at QB moving forward.

First, there's 15 more games to just get to the playoffs. A ton can happen in that time.
2nd, if Jimmy wins us a chip, how on earth do you justify moving on a QB that in 3 full-ish seasons you go to a SB, Conference championship game(in a season where you beat both teams in the super bowl in all 3 season games) and win a SB with? THAT would be unprecedented. The only example I can think of is Kurt Warner outside of Peyton, Joe and Tom in the twilight of their careers.

For all we know Jimmy could win the super bowl throwing 8 completions like he's done in a couple playoff games. I know fans would want him back but this FO already made the decision to let him go 2 off-seasons ago.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

We went far multiple times with him already. No reason he can't again. Same QB and the same team.

Not the same team. Hopefully they have upgraded enough to carry Jimmy G over the hump and win a SB this season (they were going to have to carry Trey too due to his inexperience also anyways, so the only thing they loss yesterday was development for Trey but that could mean a more team friendly deal with Trey later down the line and Trey can still sit and mature and learn this season because they still have Jimmy, still works out at the end for this season so be grateful as a 9er fan, and f**k EVIL PETE, HE DESERVE TO LOSE AND RETIRE IN SHAME).
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Sep 19, 2022 at 12:28 PM ]
Kyle just needs to move to a spread, let go and let Jimmy play within his comfort zone. Kyle's got nothing to lose at this point.

To be fair to Jimmy, those 3 games last year he played injured, which did impact his play.

Now, that's not to say I'm expecting him to turn it up another level that he's yet to show.

At least with Jimmy there's still a chance at a SB win. Very few teams can say that with their backup QB at the start of the season. Some do win the SB, usually with great defense (1990 Giants, 2000 Ravens, 2001 Patriots).

• thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Kyle just needs to move to a spread, let go and let Jimmy play within his comfort zone. Kyle's got nothing to lose at this point.

The way Jimmy was throwing deep to Aiyuk and Gray makes me believe Jimmy has nothing to lose either. Let's see YOLO Jimmy. Effective? Who knows. Entertaining? You betcha.

Pretty much. Cutthroat, ruthless and all out SB run. It's not like Jimmy G will be back next season, he called a bunch of high risk plays with Jimmy G yesterday after Trey went down 🤣 what ever it takes to get to the SB and win it this year 👍

BAD blood is not over and never was with Seattle and evil Pete, the next match in Seattle is going to be a bloody one, they should knock out Geno Smith and Drew Lock and let Pete rot in hell and forced to retire in shame 🤣
Originally posted by thl408:

The way Jimmy was throwing deep to Aiyuk and Gray makes me believe Jimmy has nothing to lose either. Let's see YOLO Jimmy. Effective? Who knows. Entertaining? You betcha.

He's gonna make us regret drafting Lance and win us a super bowl.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by thl408:

He's gonna make us regret drafting Lance and win us a super bowl.

Even if he helps win a SB, he's not going to be back. Just hope evil Pete doesn't snatch him in free agency next year 🤣

NFL football is a cutthroat brutal sport and business, whatever it takes to win it all and get it done ✔
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Sep 19, 2022 at 12:38 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Unfortunately Kyle is an absolute control freak...he's winning it his way or bust.
Share 49ersWebzone