There are 305 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hopefully, this being a contract year for Jimmy, he plays lights out with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Also, hopefully that shoulder injury he had surgery for allows him him to throw better even if those around here might not think so.

I am more worried about the young offensive line. The running was inconsistent and was getting blown up more than I would like to see on run plays. It is one thing where they stop the run at the line of scrimmage, but too many times the other side is getting penetration. The season is young and hope they develop cohesion. Still our center sucks.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Settle down there NC

That's a BamaNiner level post
Originally posted by NDSU:
Its going to be epic in here if Jimmy gets hurt or sucks. Or should I say "when".

Then maybe they can finally get serious about drafting good pass protection.
Originally posted by Niners99:
A totally raw Lance was not that much worse than a veteran Jimmy. He would've continued to get better as the year went along, and could open up the offense with deeper throws. Jimmy is Jimmy. He even showed it on Sunday. Lame duck passes, throwing behind guys, etc. He's limited. Plus are we just going to bank on him staying healthy all year, guaranteed? Jimmy now has 6 playoff starts where he sucked. All 4 of his playoff wins had nothing to do with his performance.

Can't be serious with comments like these. I've watched multiple times each of his playoff performances, including the SB loss as tough as it was to re-watch and re-watch again. He wasn't "great" in those games but he had some very good moments and for sure didn't "suck." And yes, all four of the playoff wins with him he did have something to do with. Don't just look at the stats, just go re-watch each game from start to finish - it's right there, and again, not saying he was great in any of the four but he did contribute in each where this team was able to play complementary football to get the Ws.

This is coming from someone whose standards for the Niners' QB position are as high as anyone after watching every game played by Montana and Young.

Not ruling anything out this year, and I'll take Garoppolo, this O & this D along with an improved ST unit and put them up against any team, home or away, and I'll very much like this team's chances going into each of those games. We'll find out soon enough with games vs. the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, and other tough games ahead.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Hopefully, this being a contract year for Jimmy, he plays lights out with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Also, hopefully that shoulder injury he had surgery for allows him him to throw better even if those around here might not think so.

I am more worried about the young offensive line. The running was inconsistent and was getting blown up more than I would like to see on run plays. It is one thing where they stop the run at the line of scrimmage, but too many times the other side is getting penetration. The season is young and hope they develop cohesion. Still our center sucks.

A lot of people here forget he took us to the NFC with a torn shoulder and we were beaten by the eventual SB champions. They moan about JGs play in that game despite him having a torn shoulder and injured thumb. Most people couldnt play tiddlywinks let alone football with injuries like that.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Settle down there NC

That's a BamaNiner level post

🤣
Thankful that they kept Jimmy G. Hopefully he can help us get to the playoffs and make a lot of money for himself in the process. Prove the haters wrong. He has a good chance to get a nice contract with a new team next year.
Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL at everyone who thinks we have a better shot at winning a SB now. We were going to need an other worldly defensive season and a dominant rushing game regardless, just like any past success we've had with Shanahan.

In 6 playoff games Jimmy averages 160 yards per game, 60% comp., and only has 4 passing TD's. You think he's going to factor in to our Super Bowl run? When the playoffs come around we're all just holding our breath hoping he doesn't throw a stupid pick. How has everyone forgot about this already?

they have a good defense. Elite though? Better than 2019? Ehhh..... we'll see. I'd personally wait to see how the defense responds to the AFC West gauntlet. Then give them that elite stamp of approval. Playing against the Bears and Geno Seahawks doesn't say much at the moment.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Can't be serious with comments like these. I've watched multiple times each of his playoff performances, including the SB loss as tough as it was to re-watch and re-watch again. He wasn't "great" in those games but he had some very good moments and for sure didn't "suck." And yes, all four of the playoff wins with him he did have something to do with. Don't just look at the stats, just go re-watch each game from start to finish - it's right there, and again, not saying he was great in any of the four but he did contribute in each where this team was able to play complementary football to get the Ws.

This is coming from someone whose standards for the Niners' QB position are as high as anyone after watching every game played by Montana and Young.

Not ruling anything out this year, and I'll take Garoppolo, this O & this D along with an improved ST unit and put them up against any team, home or away, and I'll very much like this team's chances going into each of those games. We'll find out soon enough with games vs. the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, and other tough games ahead.

I dont believe you. If your standards for the QB position is as high as anyones, you would not be ok with the playoff performances from Jimmy. Period. Was Jimmy horrible in all the playoff games? No. Was he bad in all the playoff games? No. But he literally has not played a single good game from start to finish in 6 games. That is indisputable, and unacceptable.

Hopefully Jimmy plays balls to the wall and has a great season this year. Playoffs included. But he needs to prove it.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 19, 2022 at 2:09 PM ]
Hope he can stay healthy. All the way behind Jimmy.

Let's go 49ers and let's go Jimmy!!!

He knows what not to do. and he's not dumb.If he stays healthy I like his chances to make some noise in the playoffs.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Sep 19, 2022 at 2:10 PM ]
🤴
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 19, 2022 at 2:12 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Jimmy played good, but could not pull it off and came up short one one defining set of series. The problem is that in last year's championship and the SB, there was plenty of blame to go around with the other phases of the game also collapsing, but the QB will always get the glory and the blame.

A slew of games yesterday reflected that.
Share 49ersWebzone