There are 269 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets

Bears away locker room
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NDSU:
Its going to be epic in here if Jimmy gets hurt or sucks. Or should I say "when".

I remember when you said Zach Wilson done for the year CONFIRMED and to watch out for Christian Watson in the 2nd half of a game he was inactive.

Hoping this will be as accurate

If Jimmy G does either of those things that means our season is over. Not really sure what's so "epic" about that unless your hatred for the guy is stronger than your fandom of the team you root for

imo Epic would be winning the super bowl with a qb that "nobody wanted"
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 19, 2022 at 3:05 PM ]
If this current situation doesn't get the most out Jimmy, I don't know what will.

1) Pushed aside by a rookie QB.
2) Zero offers from NFL teams.
3) A NFL quality roster.
4) Lots of doubters including me.
5) One year deal - contract year.

Seems like the perfect storm for Jimmy to be motivated.
Its going to be epic in here if Jimmy gets hurt or sucks. Or should I say "when".

Who are you and what brings you here?
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

I remember when you said Zach Wilson done for the year CONFIRMED and to watch out for Christian Watson in the 2nd half of a game he was inactive.

If Jimmy G does either of those things that means our season is over. Not really sure what's so "epic" about that unless your hatred for the guy is stronger than your fandom of the team you root for

Comes across like a NDSU fan not niner fan. Remember the other guy like that, BamaNiner.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
If this current situation doesn't get the most out Jimmy, I don't know what will.

3) A NFL quality roster.

If Jimmy was to lead the 49ers to a title this year it would be the best story in the NFL, and one of the best in 49er history.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I really liked seeing Jimmy take some deep shots. I also like some of those throws that were outside the numbers. He had a really nice throw for 15 yards to Ray Ray on a 3rd and 2. O yac, I believe.

And the beautiful sideline throw to Aiyuk right after that (that he dropped). Really, the only negative was his high air mail ball on the move.

When it started dumping he started throwing lower to avoid his usual INT while still kind of giving his guy a chance.

Yea. Aiyuk has to make that catch. When you say, "high air mail ball on the move". Do you mean the throw to Danny Gray in the endzone?
I really liked seeing Jimmy take some deep shots. I also like some of those throws that were outside the numbers. He had a really nice throw for 15 yards to Ray Ray on a 3rd and 2. O yac, I believe.

And the beautiful sideline throw to Aiyuk right after that (that he dropped). Really, the only negative was his high air mail ball on the move.

When it started dumping he started throwing lower to avoid his usual INT while still kind of giving his guy a chance.

Yea. Aiyuk has to make that catch. When you say, "high air mail ball on the move". Do you mean the throw to Danny Gray in the endzone?

Wait, no, to Gray on the sideline! It reminded me of his INT in Dallas where he was running right trying to throw on the move. I don't know if that's injury related or mechanics or "just Jimmy" but it looked awfully familiar. Maybe the wet ball? Gray looked pissed too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 19, 2022 at 3:15 PM ]

3) A NFL quality roster.

I watched the Joe Montana documentary series on Joe on Friday and Saturday and this stuff all crossed my mind with Jimmy on Sunday. He is cool like Joe, I think he may feed off of this stuff quietly like Joe as well.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Comes across like a NDSU fan not niner fan. Remember the other guy like that, BamaNiner.

He comes across as a troll.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

3) A NFL quality roster.

If Jimmy was to lead the 49ers to a title this year it would be the best story in the NFL, and one of the best in 49er history.

I hope the people at the NFL who fixed the super bowl for the Rams last year believe this too.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

3) A NFL quality roster.

I watched the Joe Montana documentary series on Joe on Friday and Saturday and this stuff all crossed my mind with Jimmy on Sunday. He is cool like Joe, I think he may feed off of this stuff quietly like Joe as well.

Joe was always underestimated through high school and college.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

3) A NFL quality roster.

I would hope Jimmy would forgive us and resign if we win a chip with him.

Wait, no, to Gray on the sideline! It reminded me of his INT in Dallas where he was running right trying to throw on the move. I don't know if that's injury related or mechanics or "just Jimmy" but it looked awfully familiar. Maybe the wet ball? Gray looked pissed too.

Well Jimmy threw a dropped int in the endzone with Gray double covered. The ball was way underthrown. But two of his underthrown passes, 1 in the endzone and 1 down the sideline, both to Aiyuk drew DPI penalties. Overall, I like to see that he was at least attempting those deep sideline throws. Hopefully we keep attempting them and maybe Jimmy can build a rapport with Aiyuk and Gray.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

3) A NFL quality roster.

The commentators said he actually had several offers but my guess is they were on crappy teams or just asking him to be a short term QB.

Here, he knew he was guaranteed to start by week 3 given our injury history.
Share 49ersWebzone