LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 329 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
If this current situation doesn't get the most out Jimmy, I don't know what will.

1) Pushed aside by a rookie QB.
2) Zero offers from NFL teams.
3) A NFL quality roster.
4) Lots of doubters including me.
5) One year deal - contract year.

Seems like the perfect storm for Jimmy to be motivated.

If Jimmy was to lead the 49ers to a title this year it would be the best story in the NFL, and one of the best in 49er history.

He has to win it though. Not by handing it off 35 times a game and throwing a couple screens to Deebo. If we are going to win it this year with Jimmy he need to make plays down the field, especially when we need it. It cant be a Trent Dilfer like season,

Who gives a rats what you ma call it-if the niners win the SB, that is all I care for. I don't need him or any QB to make spectacular throws, just timely throws to keep the chains moving, keep the D fresh. Get points on the board. Occasionally make a critical pass play.

He can do it when healthy-New Orleans game - does anyone remember that nail biter to help us get in the playoffs with a good seeding?

All this quibbling that he needs to do it this way.

and before anyone quips, even the media and ex players also said while he needed to make the critical throws, the run game disappeared at a time when you need to run it down the throat of the opponents, to take time off the clock and keep your D fresh.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I didnt think you were comparing JG's play in the playoffs to those of Montana and Young in the playoffs. But YOU said that having watched Montana and Young, your standards for QB play are as high as anyone's. And IF, yes IF, your standards are as high as anyone's, then hanging your hat on Jimmy "doing some very good things throughout many of the games" is not reflective of the standards that YOU claim you have.

I have no interest in talking about QBs who truly sucked in the playoffs, because I dont think Jimmy "sucked" in the playoffs. But his play in the playoffs is no where close to good enough....especially if your standards are "as high as anyone's."

We're not on the same page here. Doesn't surprise me, and not worth the time to discuss any longer.

We'll leave it at agree to disagree.
Impressive throw

None or a couple of crap teams/offers shouldn't change his motivation if he thinks he is any good.

At this point in his career, even if you are good, why would you want to go to a crap team when you you have always been on contending teams...look at history, did Brady, Manning? He is not them, but point is, unless you are Carson Wentz or like those, would you settle for any job. That goes for any athlete.

Athletes are like anybody else, there is always a motivation... a bulletin board, naysayers.
How long until the fanbase turns on Jimmy again? I prediction is the 1st loss
  • thl408
Originally posted by Brucey72:

First interception, win or loss.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I don't know about him being on point. I mean he doesn't honestly think the 49er fans are capable of galvanizing does he?

Maybe he reads the webzone-then he does have a point
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Impressive throw

More of that. Take the 1 on 1 stuff with Aiyuk.
Originally posted by thl408:

I will be down and sulk, but never turn on Jimmy and the niners. Truly respectable guy-never once acted out like so many other athletes do in this day and age.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Impressive throw

I also loved the shot when we got the off-sides penalty that drew the PI. LOVED that.

In a separate note, ya boy just got sponsored by manscaped! I'm stoked!

Impressive throw

10 right there.
Originally posted by thl408:

Some fans will want Purdy to start, similar to how they wanted Mullens and Beathard over Jimmy G, and wanted T Rattay over J Garcia.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Impressive throw

I also loved the shot when we got the off-sides penalty that drew the PI. LOVED that.

Him and Brendel were high-fiving after that one. Got heem.

JD, does that mean you get a free massage therapist who trims your junk for you now?
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 19, 2022 at 4:41 PM ]
Impressive throw

100% an impressive throw! 🙂

Let's see…40 "air yards", outside the numbers, and right on the money.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Nice! Well deserved, and your good work and good football knowledge is always appreciated. When you post here, it makes coming into the 'Zone worth it.
Share 49ersWebzone