LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 303 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NDSU:
Its going to be epic in here if Jimmy gets hurt or sucks. Or should I say "when".

Lemme guess you can't wait to celebrate.

Unfrickinbelievable how butt hurt some of you are.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Impressive throw

More of that. Take the 1 on 1 stuff with Aiyuk.
I remember some people in the gameday thread saying that was a crappy throw.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Impressive throw

More of that. Take the 1 on 1 stuff with Aiyuk.

I also loved the shot when we got the off-sides penalty that drew the PI. LOVED that.

In a separate note, ya boy just got sponsored by manscaped! I'm stoked!

Like that Pi as well.

Awesome on your sponsorship news!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Our defense is good enough to take us far. We just need jimmy to protect the ball and hit some third down throws when needed. Our chances of making the playoffs went up with Jimmy, imo.

Yea save for a couple of busted plays they've been lights out.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Impressive throw

100% an impressive throw! 🙂

Let's see…40 "air yards", outside the numbers, and right on the money.
Check, check, and check lol
Gotta say rewatching the game today, Jimmy was smiling the entire time. Just having fun. I haven't seen that in a long time.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 19, 2022 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gotta say rewatching the game today, Jimmy was smiling the entire time. Just having fun. I haven't seen that in a long time.

Reminded me of 2017 jimmy, no expectations just go out and play ball
Jimmy is usually smiling. One reason some fans bagged on him. Said he didn't have that dog in him.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Sep 19, 2022 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Impressive throw

100% an impressive throw! 🙂

Let's see…40 "air yards", outside the numbers, and right on the money.
Check, check, and check lol

Yep, definitely one of Jimmy's best throws. Let's see more of this to keep defenses honest.

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
If this current situation doesn't get the most out Jimmy, I don't know what will.

1) Pushed aside by a rookie QB.
2) Zero offers from NFL teams.
3) A NFL quality roster.
4) Lots of doubters including me.
5) One year deal - contract year.

Seems like the perfect storm for Jimmy to be motivated.

If Jimmy was to lead the 49ers to a title this year it would be the best story in the NFL, and one of the best in 49er history.

He has to win it though. Not by handing it off 35 times a game and throwing a couple screens to Deebo. If we are going to win it this year with Jimmy he need to make plays down the field, especially when we need it. It cant be a Trent Dilfer like season,

Who gives a rats what you ma call it-if the niners win the SB, that is all I care for. I don't need him or any QB to make spectacular throws, just timely throws to keep the chains moving, keep the D fresh. Get points on the board. Occasionally make a critical pass play.

He can do it when healthy-New Orleans game - does anyone remember that nail biter to help us get in the playoffs with a good seeding?

All this quibbling that he needs to do it this way.

and before anyone quips, even the media and ex players also said while he needed to make the critical throws, the run game disappeared at a time when you need to run it down the throat of the opponents, to take time off the clock and keep your D fresh.

Running game and defense only gets us so far. Jimmy needs to play beyond what he has done in the past to win deep in the playoffs/SB. It seem very obvious to me.
Running game and defense only gets us so far. Jimmy needs to play beyond what he has done in the past to win deep in the playoffs/SB. It seem very obvious to me.

Indeed. It can't fall on the defense and special teams to carry the day.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 19, 2022 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
If this current situation doesn't get the most out Jimmy, I don't know what will.

1) Pushed aside by a rookie QB.
2) Zero offers from NFL teams.
3) A NFL quality roster.
4) Lots of doubters including me.
5) One year deal - contract year.

Seems like the perfect storm for Jimmy to be motivated.

I watched the Joe Montana documentary series on Joe on Friday and Saturday and this stuff all crossed my mind with Jimmy on Sunday. He is cool like Joe, I think he may feed off of this stuff quietly like Joe as well.

The commentators said he actually had several offers but my guess is they were on crappy teams or just asking him to be a short term QB.

Here, he knew he was guaranteed to start by week 3 given our injury history.

None or a couple of crap teams/offers shouldn't change his motivation if he thinks he is any good.

I might have left out the $14M he'd get here. LOL

If he had a crystal ball.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:

Reminded me of 2017 jimmy, no expectations just go out and play ball

He's got nothing to lose. Playing with house money now
Share 49ersWebzone