LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 216 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
No one actually know 49ers asking price for garoppolo , all we hear from media , news , who know if it's real, 9ers mgmt might be asking 1 1st and 1 2nd.
where other team might just waiting for us to cut him.
I doubt no one wants garoppolo. he plays good when he has protection and healthy.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Apparently:

"People in the #Rams locker room believe that the #49ers are now a better team with Jimmy Garoppolo back as the starting QB, according to @wyche89," said Dov Kleiman.

An division opponent says a particular QB is better for an opposing team? Fools gold.

I know it's basically an anonymous unconfirmed report but I wonder what the "nobody wants Jimmy he's trash" crowd thinks whenever these things are said.

Before the game after I responded on Facebook that yes Trey may hopefully be better than Jimmy at some point but Jimmy is the best QB on the roster right now.

He responded that the best QB was Lance because he was starting. I simply responded by asking who he competed against in camp to be the "best". Besides that, on every team almost every year there are people who wonder why Player A is starting when Player B looks better on the field.

Jimmy has never remotely been as bad as has harshest critics suggest. As a matter of fact I told a Bengals fan that I work with that Lance was hurt and Garoppolo was in a threw a touchdown pass and he said, "Good. Garoppolo is not a bad quarterback. I'm surprised no one picked him up."

It was just a weird turn of events with Jimmy's shoulder and the number of quarterbacks who became available. But the ones with an axe to grind used it all to try to demonstrate that they were right all along.

The trash part is harsh and not reflective of my opinion of Jimmy.

But you wonder what the crowd of people that believe "nobody wanted Jimmy" (aka the people who were 100% correct), think? I can only speak for myself, but I think the same thing whenever I read anything about anonymous sources....that they can be taken with a grain of salt.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
People need to realize how damn lucky we are that the offseason didn't go according to plan for Jimmy or the team. I know it is scary relying on him to stay healthy, but Jimmy is good enough to do this thing. This team is stacked, if the Offensive line comes together and we have better injury luck going forward, this is a Superbowl team. I will root for Jimmy this year as hard as I always have. He is a good guy, a good teammate and good QB. Do I wish he was a GREAT QB sure....but you can win a Superbowl with good. Every other team in the league would have saw their season go up in smoke last weekend...not us. We are just as in the hunt as we ever were.

Good post.
The Untimely Death and Unlikely Resurrection of James Garoppolo

I'm not a Jimmy fan by any means but right now he's the team's savior. Let's go JG, let's go Niners!!!
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dioworld:
yup, These ppl and grant cohn are the 9ers problem. These MF nickpick every single damn little things. Stupid 9ers mgmt probably listen to those and driving good players out.
Instead of investing 3 first round pick and a 3rd in lance. They could use those pick to improve corner, OL.

There were other reasons for picking a rookie QB.

A cheaper rookie QB salary means cap room to extend Deebo, Bosa etc.

Really excited to watch Jimmy this season. The division looks up for grabs.
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
jimmy running the trey lance gameplan

=

🔥🔥🔥

He looked great. Hopefully we keep throwing it down the field.

Hopefully we complete one of those down the field passes at some point.

We did. Ross Dwelley for a TD.

what trey couldn't do week 1

Trey literally completed 3 downfield passes in week 1.

he missed a wide open kroft for a td

jimmy hit his
This, this right here is why there are nearly 9000 pages here. It isn't "Jimmy haters." It's people like you making absolutely RIDICULOUS statements (such as the weather in week 2 was about the same as week 1), causing people like me to lose their s h double i t and respond maniacally.

What do I mean by that?

Jimmy was throwing a deep out. Lance was throwing a TE throwback that essentially became a streak. Moreover, Lance got KNOCKED DOWN right after he threw it, and had to dodge away from that inevitable hit while throwing, while Garoppolo had a nice clean pocket on his.

I mean, seriously? You are seriously arguing that Garoppolo—well known for having deep accuracy issues—is more accurate on deep passes than Lance—well known for being best at the deep ball?

Stans gonna Stan.

rooting for Jimmy and team wins, but let's stop acting like he's something he's not.

QB miss these throws all of the time. Guys like you, that Gore Stan guy and 5 trashed Jimmy for months about this yet make excuses for Trey. Be consistent I say. Both guys missed easy throws. Hell Josh Allen missed a wide open FB last night as well. Not a big deal.

Bc Trey has started like 3-4 games for us. Was a rookie last year, and was 21.

If 3 years later Trey is still making the same mistakes consistently and has barely improved, then I'll keep it consistent.

And Josh Allen, or whatever great QB, all miss throws. The idea is that you make more good throws than bad and he's s a big part of the Bills success.

This really isn't that complicated, but just let me know if I need to dumb it down even more, I can do that for you.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 20, 2022 at 9:49 AM ]
Lol at posting a missed throw from last year. Can you imagine TL comes back and someone says "welcome back but let's not kid ourselves who he is" and posts the Kroft miss. Dialing petty up to 11 on that. It's pathetic.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Sep 20, 2022 at 9:57 AM ]

=

🔥🔥🔥

jimmy hit his
This, this right here is why there are nearly 9000 pages here. It isn't "Jimmy haters." It's people like you making absolutely RIDICULOUS statements (such as the weather in week 2 was about the same as week 1), causing people like me to lose their s h double i t and respond maniacally.

What do I mean by that?

Jimmy was throwing a deep out. Lance was throwing a TE throwback that essentially became a streak. Moreover, Lance got KNOCKED DOWN right after he threw it, and had to dodge away from that inevitable hit while throwing, while Garoppolo had a nice clean pocket on his.

I mean, seriously? You are seriously arguing that Garoppolo—well known for having deep accuracy issues—is more accurate on deep passes than Lance—well known for being best at the deep ball?

Stans gonna Stan.

rooting for Jimmy and team wins, but let's stop acting like he's something he's not.

thats gonna happen when the receiver quits on the route
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

=

🔥🔥🔥

jimmy hit his

What do I mean by that?

Stans gonna Stan.

thats gonna happen when the receiver quits on the route

I want this type of vibe sometimes.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
People need to realize how damn lucky we are that the offseason didn't go according to plan for Jimmy or the team. I know it is scary relying on him to stay healthy, but Jimmy is good enough to do this thing. This team is stacked, if the Offensive line comes together and we have better injury luck going forward, this is a Superbowl team. I will root for Jimmy this year as hard as I always have. He is a good guy, a good teammate and good QB. Do I wish he was a GREAT QB sure....but you can win a Superbowl with good. Every other team in the league would have saw their season go up in smoke last weekend...not us. We are just as in the hunt as we ever were.

Good post.

Tough to say whether we are a SB team or not. Certainly playoffs. My main question is how are we going to beat the Chiefs, Bills, Bucs (they look good), Chargers and Ravens. I'll even throw the Rams in this group. The answer is obviously our pass rush. I don't know how the hell we are going to beat the Bills in the SB if our pass rush doesn't show up. Even if it does, Allen is playing at such a high-level he would be tough to bring down.

I'm not worried about the Packers, Eagles (they are surging right now), or Vikings. They are the only other teams that may have a chance against us.

Our elite defense will get us to the playoffs, but can Jimmy go toe-to-toe with some of those QBs mentioned up above if the D doesn't show up? A healthy Jimmy perhaps. We've seen him do it before. We've also seen him play like crap in the playoffs. That's my main issue....most SB teams have that constant at the QB position. Very rarely do the Dilfers, Foles, Brad Johnsons, and such win SB's. Jimmy needs to take a step this season. It's still possible for him to get better. He has to

Why on earth am I looking at the JG miss vs TEN from last year? Do ppl get off on bumping that over and over?
Originally posted by Silky:
Tough to say whether we are a SB team or not. Certainly playoffs. My main question is how are we going to beat the Chiefs, Bills, Bucs (they look good), Chargers and Ravens. I'll even throw the Rams in this group. The answer is obviously our pass rush. I don't know how the hell we are going to beat the Bills in the SB if our pass rush doesn't show up. Even if it does, Allen is playing at such a high-level he would be tough to bring down.

I'm not worried about the Packers, Eagles (they are surging right now), or Vikings. They are the only other teams that may have a chance against us.

Our elite defense will get us to the playoffs, but can Jimmy go toe-to-toe with some of those QBs mentioned up above if the D doesn't show up? A healthy Jimmy perhaps. We've seen him do it before. We've also seen him play like crap in the playoffs. That's my main issue....most SB teams have that constant at the QB position. Very rarely do the Dilfers, Foles, Brad Johnsons, and such win SB's. Jimmy needs to take a step this season. It's still possible for him to get better. He has to

That's pretty much where I am at. But certainly if anyone can pull a Nick Foles miracle out of his ass, it would certainly be a guy like Jimmy. He's got all the luck in the world honestly. Only a guy like this would get most of the credit from media outlets because Jordan Willis blocked a punt at Lambeau.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Why on earth am I looking at the JG miss vs TEN from last year? Do ppl get off on bumping that over and over?
when others try to rewrite history.. you will get fact checked
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Share 49ersWebzone