LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 211 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Why on earth am I looking at the JG miss vs TEN from last year? Do ppl get off on bumping that over and over?
when others try to rewrite history.. you will get fact checked

When someone says... oh Jimmy would have completed that pass or Trey would have completed that pass, its all just BS conjecture.
Why on earth am I looking at the JG miss vs TEN from last year? Do ppl get off on bumping that over and over?

Its not fact checking. Its that people are homering out and claiming the overthrow to Kroft would have been a touchdown with Lance. All the poster who posted that old video was doing was demonstrating that Jimmy misses gimmes too. And most would agree the Juice throw was exponentially more of a layup than the Kroft one.

Either way, its all a guess on what could have been done if things were different.
Look we know what we have in Jimmy. He is gonna miss wide open receivers and throw 2-3 WTF's a game. But he is also gonna hit those middle of the field passes to extend drives and can QB sneak better than anyone not named Brady.

It's almost webzone karma for a few posters that hate JG but now he really is our best shot to win games. It's poetic considering this offseason.
Why do we have to go thru this every week. He missed this guy or that guy. So and so was wide open and he didn't see hm. I watch a lot of games and I see QBs make amazing throws and miss easy ones every week. It happens to every QB. They may get too focused on one guy or maybe they just aren't in position to see that wide open guy because a big linemen is blocking their view. Can't we just accept the fact that most QBs are going to be somewhere between 60-70% every week and not every pass is going to be perfect.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

When someone says... oh Jimmy would have completed that pass or Trey would have completed that pass, its all just BS conjecture.

He leads the team to a W. We had 3 pts and he comes in with money throws off the bench. Yet the play I am looking at in here is not anything relevant from the recent game. It's a lowlight from last year with ppl wallowing in his failure and loving it. Takes me back to last season and ppl a lil irritated every time we won a playoff game.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Sep 20, 2022 at 10:29 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Why do we have to go thru this every week. He missed this guy or that guy. So and so was wide open and he didn't see hm. I watch a lot of games and I see QBs make amazing throws and miss easy ones every week. It happens to every QB. They may get too focused on one guy or maybe they just aren't in position to see that wide open guy because a big linemen is blocking their view. Can't we just accept the fact that most QBs are going to be somewhere between 60-70% every week and not every pass is going to be perfect.

It's the reason for being called a forty-whiner.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Sep 20, 2022 at 10:31 AM ]
Why can't we replay the Aiyuk throw 50 times? And say that's who JG is.

Anyone?

Bueller?

He leads the team to a W. We had 3 pts and he comes in with money throws off the bench. Yet the play I am looking at in here is not anything relevant from the recent game. It's a lowlight from last year with ppl wallowing in his failure and loving it. Takes me back to last season and ppl a lil irritated every time we won a playoff game.

I think it was brought up in response to someone saying Jimmy would have hit Kroft on the TE throwback in Chicago that Trey missed. It has nothing to do with people being mad about playoff games.

It has everything to do with being fair. If Jimmy misses a pass to win a playoff game this year, you bet your a** I'm gonna call out people who say Trey would have completed it. It's not fair to Jimmy and it's not fair to Trey.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Sep 20, 2022 at 10:38 AM ]
Why can't we replay the Aiyuk throw 50 times? And say that's who JG is.

Anyone?

Bueller?

If someone posted a Trey Lance throw that was sort of similar to it and claimed that Jimmy couldnt make that throw, then yes, you can and should replay the Aiyuk throw 50 times.

Which is basically what is happening in here with the Titans throw.
I mean I am pretty much done dogging him.

If he blows it in the playoffs again and plays like s**t, it is not like we learned anything new that we didn't before.

I think it was brought up in response to someone saying Jimmy would have hit Kroft on the TE throwback in Chicago that Trey missed. It has nothing to do with people being mad about playoff games.

It has everything to do with being fair. If Jimmy misses a pass to win a playoff game this year, you bet your ass I'm gonna call out people who say Trey would have completed it. It's not fair to Jimmy and it's not fair to Trey.

My bad. I gotta get back in the mindset of remembering a lot of folks on here hate JGs guts to the point where they root for his failure. I legit saw last year ppl cursing him, saying eff you Jimmy, others saying they hope he sucks and is benched. One guy said he hopes he gets hurt. I guess we have a bunch of ppl on here who hate Italians?

I'll try and be more understanding and focus on the good posts not the negative ones.

It has everything to do with being fair. If Jimmy misses a pass to win a playoff game this year, you bet your ass I'm gonna call out people who say Trey would have completed it. It's not fair to Jimmy and it's not fair to Trey.

My bad. I gotta get back in the mindset of remembering a lot of folks on here hate JGs guts to the point where they root for his failure. I legit saw last year ppl cursing him, saying eff you Jimmy, others saying they hope he sucks and is benched. One guy said he hopes he gets hurt. I guess we have a bunch of ppl on here who hate Italians?

I'll try and be more understanding and focus on the good posts not the negative ones.

I don't think you read a word I just posted. Lol

I read you I like your posts WB, gotta hit your layups. Everyone can miss em. I get a lil triggered when ppl seem to enjoy sharing the same negative plays over and over. I've probably seen that Titans JG miss more than I have seen the Catch at this point.

that why he never learns
Does anyone know when the shoulder injury happened?
Share 49ersWebzone