LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 244 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
you can admit he's limited, and you can be frustrated when he doesn't make plays...but the hatred for a guy who does and says all the right things, is a consummate teammate and professional, and truly plays to his highest level of effort, for a franchise that wanted to dump him and move on...is baffling.

He's a great dude. There are plenty better QBs; there are plenty worse. He came in after no offseason and shoulder surgery and ensured we beat a team we can't stand, that we needed a win against.

Be happy and support the guy cuz he's the signal caller of your favorite team this season. You can surely critique etc. but man, I just wanna see him do well and win games.

NFL football is a purely performance based business and a brutal violent sport, NEXT MAN UP.

Last chance for Jimmy G with the 9ers to win a SB with a SB roster and to get pay 1 last time by the 9ers with all those incentives, it's the main reason he resigned to be a backup right?

Well, do what you sign up for Jimmy, LET'S GET IT DONE!!!!

(Be nice to see him beat out Brady in the regular season and in the playoffs and make Brady retire and face KC in the SB for a revenge game and get it done, I'm sure if the D is good enough it will be a huge part of why the 9ers win it all if it happens)
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Sep 20, 2022 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
you can admit he's limited, and you can be frustrated when he doesn't make plays...but the hatred for a guy who does and says all the right things, is a consummate teammate and professional, and truly plays to his highest level of effort, for a franchise that wanted to dump him and move on...is baffling.

He's a great dude. There are plenty better QBs; there are plenty worse. He came in after no offseason and shoulder surgery and ensured we beat a team we can't stand, that we needed a win against.

Be happy and support the guy cuz he's the signal caller of your favorite team this season. You can surely critique etc. but man, I just wanna see him do well and win games.

This post can easily be put in the Trey Lance thread next year. He's gonna be hated by far more people come 2023 that openly root for him to fail.

He chose to put it here because of the bold.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
now all the Lunch Trey fan boyz are over here to troll Jimmy Gesus because their thread is dead now

river, we don't need this divisive crap

This. I love me some JG and give him his credit but also saw the dynamic Lance could add.... and it has nothing to do with designed runs. Outside passing and running when the DB's are 20 yards off the line of scrimmage... that is the Lance I was hoping we would see. Not RB Lance.

But JG will be who he was, win more than loses. Couple wTF plays but keeps the team on schedule.

Both have the things they excel at. And we can be excited for both when they are at the helm.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Sep 20, 2022 at 12:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
He chose to put it here because of the bold.

Saw very little support of Trey in his thread all last week and he was the signal caller of the same team.

People should absolutely support Jimmy. Being critical of him isn't a show of lack of support though.
Saw very little support of Trey in his thread all last week and he was the signal caller of the same team.

People should absolutely support Jimmy. Being critical of him isn't a show of lack of support though.

Some believed this in the Lance thread too.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Sep 20, 2022 at 12:30 PM ]
Another good throw from Sunday.

Brady probably wish he was in Jimmy's position right now for 1 last good chance at winning another SB 🤣

We'll see later this season whose team is better overall come 12/11 and then maybe later down the road in the playoffs, it's going to be a very interesting season down the line indeed 🤣

Calling for the guy to be cut and calling it the worst decision the team has ever made is a lack of support i'd say.

Saying the guy will also never get any better based on 4 starts is definitionally a lack of support.

Anyone who believes being critical of a player is a lack of support or hate is absurd. There are far too many people who accuse others of just that. I dont care who the player in question is. Being critical isnt hate or not supporting your player/team.
Jimmy ain't stupid.

When he was on the side in TC and preseason working out on his own he was spying and observing Trey and the whole team, he knew this team is SB caliber. They went to the NFCC last season with him and beat the Lambs 2x if not for his own shortcomings they would have beaten the Lambs 3x and win in the SB since they have already beaten the Bengals and Lambs had no problems taking out Cin.

Of course he resigned to a lower backup deal, he failed and still wanted a chance with this SB ready team where the D has been upgraded. He probably knew there was a good chance Trey might still not be ready and could have a higher chance to get hurt because Trey would still have to rely on his running abilities to play efficiently, NOT JUST PASSING, as an inexperienced QB consider the fact Trey has so little experience and actual playing time in college and as a Pro.

LAST CHANCE JIMMY, MAKE IT WORTH WHILE 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Sep 20, 2022 at 12:42 PM ]

This was a fantastic throw. Showed anticipation by throwing it before the break. I think this throw was much better than the Aiyuk throw that was incomplete that people were raving about. But I never commented on that throw because I didnt want to be accused of hating.

He can make the hardest throw like a deep out but cant hit a wide open receiver running vertical 30 yards down the sideline. Maybe with Aiyuks progression it will bail him out a little more. Just stay healthy pretty pretty please.
I hope JG feels like he's playing with house money and starts taking a few more shots down the field.

He actually looked really good yesterday. The back shoulder throw that Aiyuk dropped was beautiful.

We really need him to NOT ignore Aiyuk like he did for large parts of 2021 (including the NFCCG).
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
He can make the hardest throw like a deep out but cant hit a wide open receiver running vertical 30 yards down the sideline. Maybe with Aiyuks progression it will bail him out a little more. Just stay healthy pretty pretty please.

Consistency has always been his issue. Lot of variation in his play.

Calling for the guy to be cut and calling it the worst decision the team has ever made is a lack of support i'd say.

Saying the guy will also never get any better based on 4 starts is definitionally a lack of support.

I recall fans saying how much better Jimmy would be after a year playing in Kyle's offense. That's a guy that already had 3 years in NE. Yet somehow they don't expect Trey to get any better after one season in college and 4 games in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone