There are 249 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
"jimmy never throws a good deep ball"

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He's been watching TL in prax
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Well like you said, it has to be within reason. If the criticism is within reason, frequency should be irrelevant.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Its not that he can't. He's an NFL quarterback his arms good enough to get it there at a decent accurate clip.

It may be subpar compared to some other qbs but Kyle basically never lets him try. If we played the percents more instead of only giving him a shot or two a game we'd get more deep completions.

Making him throw them less often is only going to hurt his accuracy imo.

Deep sideline throws either going to be a completion, PI, uncatchable overthrown, out of bounds, uncatchable underthrown and very rarely contested interception, or underthrown interception.

It's way safer than most over the middle throws.
The year when Garoppolo was at his best doing a Jimmy Cook throw was 2017, to Goodwin. Well, some people here were saying after his shoulder surgery, his throw and movement are very similar to 2027. Maybe it's a good year after all.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
The year when Garoppolo was at his best doing a Jimmy Cook throw was 2017, to Goodwin. Well, some people here were saying after his shoulder surgery, his throw and movement are very similar to 2027. Maybe it's a good year after all.

I mean 2017.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He snapped his fingers and Trey Lance got injured
Originally posted by Alfienator:
surprised he didn't get injured also

Jimmy was pretty nice with the vertical throws in college. I remember him throwing fades all game at EI in their playoffs. It sucks he hasn't been able to replicate that in the NFL.

Also, something to keep in mind when someone says a player can't do something, they typically mean they can't do it consistently. Football is all about consistency. This is why it's silly when someone posts one or two examples to refute an argument when a large body of work clearly shows otherwise.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 20, 2022 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Some believed this in the Lance thread too.

Calling for the guy to be cut and calling it the worst decision the team has ever made is a lack of support i'd say.

Saying the guy will also never get any better based on 4 starts is definitionally a lack of support.

There's generally been lack of support energy for both QB's. Doesn't excuse either one.

People not supporting Jimmy doesn't mean it's ok to blindly not support Tret and vice versa
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
surprised he didn't get injured also
Well, it's suppose to be half according to Marvel lore. So out of the two QBs, Lance was it
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I mean I am pretty much done dogging him.

If he blows it in the playoffs again and plays like s**t, it is not like we learned anything new that we didn't before.

+1

If there's anything to be hopeful for,...the defense has been absolutely lights out (vs. 2 subpar offenses nonetheless).

But just looking around the league @ what teams are doing passing the ball....not gonna get my hopes up.

Haters gonna hate
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I mean I am pretty much done dogging him.

If he blows it in the playoffs again and plays like s**t, it is not like we learned anything new that we didn't before.

+1

If there's anything to be hopeful for,...the defense has been absolutely lights out (vs. 2 subpar offenses nonetheless).

But just looking around the league @ what teams are doing passing the ball....not gonna get my hopes up.

Yeah pretty much agree. This is a playoff caliber team still. We should expect to get there.
Share 49ersWebzone