LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 274 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by thl408:
So does Kyle play Jimmy with the same reckless abandon he played Trey?

OR

Does Kyle start to protect his QB considering our vulnerability?

How about next year, will Trey still be running it between the tackles because Buffalo and other teams do it?

Kyle called a zone read in a goaline situation for Jimmy with the game already in hand. Kyle really wants to get Purdy into the game.

I'm really trying to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt here, it's not easy……… In fact I don't think I can.
just cause the zone read or RPO is called doesn't mean the QB should take it.. it's to freeze up the unblocked DE

damn Lance trying to be a hero
Originally posted by jcs:
Kyle is the biggest issue holding him back. He has to control every aspect of his offense including execution and expectation.

You have Kyle confused with Jim Harbaugh.

So in 2019 we have no issue trying to throw deep in multiple games. Suddenly in 2020 Kyle changed his whole philosophy? Cmon. Even with Nick he tried to take some deep shots despite the fact he had a pop gun arm.

Jimmy got in his own head. Watch the opener against the Cards in 2020.

OR

How about next year, will Trey still be running it between the tackles because Buffalo and other teams do it?

Kyle called a zone read in a goaline situation for Jimmy with the game already in hand. Kyle really wants to get Purdy into the game.

I'm really trying to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt here, it's not easy……… In fact I don't think I can.

Kyle gets a cut on any incentives Jimmy doesn't achieve so of course he's going to go all in to achieve them for him and his family.

OR

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He okayed drafting a QB that needed a lot of polishing in the passing game which lead to relying too heavily on his legs. Its unfortunate that he got injured but he could have just as easily suffered a season ending injury holding the ball too long in the pocket or scrambling to avoid pressure. Its football. s**t happens.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If this is the case, we will be in GREAT shape this year.

Week 3: Broncos passed on JG.
Week 5: Panthers passed on JG.
Week 12: Saints passed on JG.
Week 13: Dolphins passed on JG.
Week 16: Commanders passed on JG.

Thats 5 games right off the bat where Jimmy should be out for blood because the teams passed on him. And thats not even counting Seattle. Lets go!

lol
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Thats 5 games right off the bat where Jimmy should be out for blood because the teams passed on him. And thats not even counting Seattle. Lets go!

lol

No more laughable than his post about being out for blood because the Broncos passed on him. My post was tongue in cheek though, but not sure I can say with any degree of certainty that his is.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 20, 2022 at 5:10 PM ]

OR

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He okayed drafting a QB that needed a lot of polishing in the passing game which lead to relying too heavily on his legs. Its unfortunate that he got injured but he could have just as easily suffered a season ending injury holding the ball too long in the pocket or scrambling to avoid pressure. Its football. s**t happens.

Oh come on! Running between the tackles is obviously way riskier than staying in the pocket.

Are you serious?

OR

Oh come on! Running between the tackles is obviously way riskier than staying in the pocket.

Are you serious?

Riskier? Like I said earlier, show me some quantifiable evidence that QB's are more susceptible to injury outside the pocket than they are inside the pocket.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kyle should let jimmy toss it around like he did in 2017, to a degree, but i doubt that he will.

i guess we'll find out sunday night

Jimmy has to get out his own head and play that loose. He's been the issue. Whether it was the injuries or the hangover from the SB he lost his ability to play loose. 2020 before the injury and all of last year he was in his own head not taking chances. Different guy than he was in the Saints game in 2019.

If he has that back he needs to keep it.

Denver chose Russ over JG. He's out for blood.

Thought the same thing. Name a team and they passed on Jimmy. Dude should be out to prove he's worth going out and getting before anything else.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

lol

No more laughable than his post about being out for blood because the Broncos passed on him. My post was tongue in cheek though, but not sure I can say with any degree of certainty that his is.
Kumite kumite

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 20, 2022 at 5:25 PM ]

Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kyle should let jimmy toss it around like he did in 2017, to a degree, but i doubt that he will.

i guess we'll find out sunday night

Jimmy has to get out his own head and play that loose. He's been the issue. Whether it was the injuries or the hangover from the SB he lost his ability to play loose. 2020 before the injury and all of last year he was in his own head not taking chances. Different guy than he was in the Saints game in 2019.

If he has that back he needs to keep it.

Denver chose Russ over JG. He's out for blood.

Thought the same thing. Name a team and they passed on Jimmy. Dude should be out to prove he's worth going out and getting before anything else.

Bitter bitter bitter

Either of you have anything not bitter to say?
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 20, 2022 at 5:24 PM ]

OR

Are you serious?

Riskier? Like I said earlier, show me some quantifiable evidence that QB's are more susceptible to injury outside the pocket than they are inside the pocket.

Outside the pocket they are a Running back, inside they have protection by the refs for starters.
Love me some Jimmy G. This is going to be a wild ass season.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Love me some Jimmy G. This is going to be a wild ass season.

I'm ready for the ride. LFG!!

OR

Are you serious?

Outside the pocket they are a Running back, inside they have protection by the refs for starters.

There are rules that protect QB's outside the pocket as well. Yet they still get injured inside the pocket as well as outside of it.
Share 49ersWebzone