LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 260 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Does anyone know when the shoulder injury happened?

He injured his shoulder?

Last season, that's why he got the surgery. Trying figure out when that injury happened

he's being sarcastic.
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
So does Kyle play Jimmy with the same reckless abandon he played Trey?

OR

Does Kyle start to protect his QB considering our vulnerability?

How about next year, will Trey still be running it between the tackles because Buffalo and other teams do it?

Kyle called a zone read in a goaline situation for Jimmy with the game already in hand. Kyle really wants to get Purdy into the game.

I'm really trying to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt here, it's not easy……… In fact I don't think I can.

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He okayed drafting a QB that needed a lot of polishing in the passing game which lead to relying too heavily on his legs. Its unfortunate that he got injured but he could have just as easily suffered a season ending injury holding the ball too long in the pocket or scrambling to avoid pressure. Its football. s**t happens.

Oh come on! Running between the tackles is obviously way riskier than staying in the pocket.

Are you serious?

Riskier? Like I said earlier, show me some quantifiable evidence that QB's are more susceptible to injury outside the pocket than they are inside the pocket.

Outside the pocket they are a Running back, inside they have protection by the refs for starters.

However common sense tells me running head on into a pile of 300 lb Dlineman with a ball in my arm has more risk than if I stay in a pocket protected by 300lb O linemen where I can always avoid contact by throwing the ball away.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Another good throw from Sunday.

This was a fantastic throw. Showed anticipation by throwing it before the break. I think this throw was much better than the Aiyuk throw that was incomplete that people were raving about. But I never commented on that throw because I didnt want to be accused of hating.

he did that notably with Sanders @ ARI in 2019

OR

How about next year, will Trey still be running it between the tackles because Buffalo and other teams do it?

Kyle called a zone read in a goaline situation for Jimmy with the game already in hand. Kyle really wants to get Purdy into the game.

I'm really trying to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt here, it's not easy……… In fact I don't think I can.

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He okayed drafting a QB that needed a lot of polishing in the passing game which lead to relying too heavily on his legs. Its unfortunate that he got injured but he could have just as easily suffered a season ending injury holding the ball too long in the pocket or scrambling to avoid pressure. Its football. s**t happens.

Oh come on! Running between the tackles is obviously way riskier than staying in the pocket.

Are you serious?

Riskier? Like I said earlier, show me some quantifiable evidence that QB's are more susceptible to injury outside the pocket than they are inside the pocket.

Outside the pocket they are a Running back, inside they have protection by the refs for starters.

However common sense tells me running head on into a pile of 300 lb Dlineman with a ball in my arm has more risk than if I stay in a pocket protected by 300lb O linemen where I can always avoid contact by throwing the ball away.

Your common sense is anecdotal evidence at best. You still lack hard facts that make it indisputable.

OR

Are you serious?

There are rules that protect QB's outside the pocket as well. Yet they still get injured inside the pocket as well as outside of it.

I never said there wasn't risk staying in the pocket, just that there is more risk when you are looking for contact….

you have to be on a wind up!
Originally posted by fropwns:
Love me some Jimmy G. This is going to be a wild ass season.

I'm ready for the ride. LFG!!
yup but we already know how that ride ends...

OR

Are you serious?

There are rules that protect QB's outside the pocket as well. Yet they still get injured inside the pocket as well as outside of it.

I never said there wasn't risk staying in the pocket, just that there is more risk when you are looking for contact….

This is anecdotal. It doesn't prove anything. You are stating it as fact with no evidence to back up those claims. If that is your opinion than fine. You are entitled to it.
It's common sense.

OR

Are you serious?

This is anecdotal. It doesn't prove anything. You are stating it as fact with no evidence to back up those claims. If that is your opinion than fine. You are entitled to it.

If you want to quantify it compare the number of injuries a running back gets in comparison to a pocket passing QB, Tom Brady for example or Peyton Manning.

Let me know what you come up with!

OR

Are you serious?

If you want to quantify it compare the number of injuries a running back gets in comparison to a pocket passing QB, Tom Brady for example or Peyton Manning.

Let me know what you come up with!

Lol this has been explained to him now in multiple threads

Another JG comment of note on the postgame presser.. he is asked any concern running the play at the goalline trying to get it in already down 1 QB..

JG: wasn't my call man, i just run the plays
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You should probably get out now. If the ship goes down I'm going down with it. Fvck it!!

Superbowl Contenders?

Why the hate?

You should probably get out now. If the ship goes down I'm going down with it. Fvck it!!

He has disappeared before.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

He has disappeared before.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Whatever QB wins us that 6th trophy, I'm buying a poster of them to put on my wall. And I hope it's Jimmy because he's nice to look at.
Share 49ersWebzone