He has disappeared before.

Maybe it happens again

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Love me some Jimmy G. This is going to be a wild ass season.

I'm ready for the ride. LFG!!
yup but we already know how that ride ends...

You should probably get out now. If the ship goes down I'm going down with it. Fvck it!!

He has disappeared before.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Whatever QB wins us that 6th trophy, I'm buying a poster of them to put on my wall. And I hope it's Jimmy because he's nice to look at.

Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by thl408:
So does Kyle play Jimmy with the same reckless abandon he played Trey?

OR

Does Kyle start to protect his QB considering our vulnerability?

How about next year, will Trey still be running it between the tackles because Buffalo and other teams do it?

Kyle called a zone read in a goaline situation for Jimmy with the game already in hand. Kyle really wants to get Purdy into the game.

I'm really trying to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt here, it's not easy……… In fact I don't think I can.

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He okayed drafting a QB that needed a lot of polishing in the passing game which lead to relying too heavily on his legs. Its unfortunate that he got injured but he could have just as easily suffered a season ending injury holding the ball too long in the pocket or scrambling to avoid pressure. Its football. s**t happens.

Oh come on! Running between the tackles is obviously way riskier than staying in the pocket.

Are you serious?

Riskier? Like I said earlier, show me some quantifiable evidence that QB's are more susceptible to injury outside the pocket than they are inside the pocket.

Outside the pocket they are a Running back, inside they have protection by the refs for starters.

There are rules that protect QB's outside the pocket as well. Yet they still get injured inside the pocket as well as outside of it.

I never said there wasn't risk staying in the pocket, just that there is more risk when you are looking for contact….

you have to be on a wind up!

This is anecdotal. It doesn't prove anything. You are stating it as fact with no evidence to back up those claims. If that is your opinion than fine. You are entitled to it.

If you want to quantify it compare the number of injuries a running back gets in comparison to a pocket passing QB, Tom Brady for example or Peyton Manning.

Let me know what you come up with!

No. That comparison would be pointless. The comparison needs to be between running QB's vs pure pocket passers. Jimmy is a pure pocket passer as they come and he has suffered a multitude of injuries from the pocket. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have all suffered injuries during their careers while playing in the pocket.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 20, 2022 at 6:10 PM ]

OR

How about next year, will Trey still be running it between the tackles because Buffalo and other teams do it?

Kyle called a zone read in a goaline situation for Jimmy with the game already in hand. Kyle really wants to get Purdy into the game.

I'm really trying to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt here, it's not easy……… In fact I don't think I can.

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He okayed drafting a QB that needed a lot of polishing in the passing game which lead to relying too heavily on his legs. Its unfortunate that he got injured but he could have just as easily suffered a season ending injury holding the ball too long in the pocket or scrambling to avoid pressure. Its football. s**t happens.

Oh come on! Running between the tackles is obviously way riskier than staying in the pocket.

Are you serious?

Riskier? Like I said earlier, show me some quantifiable evidence that QB's are more susceptible to injury outside the pocket than they are inside the pocket.

Outside the pocket they are a Running back, inside they have protection by the refs for starters.

There are rules that protect QB's outside the pocket as well. Yet they still get injured inside the pocket as well as outside of it.

I never said there wasn't risk staying in the pocket, just that there is more risk when you are looking for contact….

This is anecdotal. It doesn't prove anything. You are stating it as fact with no evidence to back up those claims. If that is your opinion than fine. You are entitled to it.

If you want to quantify it compare the number of injuries a running back gets in comparison to a pocket passing QB, Tom Brady for example or Peyton Manning.

No. That comparison would be pointless. The comparison needs to be between running QB's vs pure pocket passers. Jimmy is a pure pocket passer as they come and he has suffered a multitude of injuries from the pocket. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have all suffered injuries during their careers while playing in the pocket.

Now do Trey. I remember Jimmy's biggest injury being outside the pocket but you know...
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 20, 2022 at 6:21 PM ]
Originally posted by BangBang49er:

OR

Are you serious?

Now do Trey

Why? I am not arguing that its safer outside the pocket than it is inside. I am saying QB's get injured at a similar rate. Besides, Trey's hand injury occured in the pocket. No one knows for sure when Trey hurt his knee in that cardinals game. So his injuries could be 2/3 inside the pocket or 2/3 outside the pocket. No one can say with 100% confidence either way.
Brady, Manning and Brees have a combined 50 years of football under their belt ffs.

Trey has played a hatful of games.

Are you for real?
Brady, Manning and Brees have a combined 50 years of football under their belt ffs.

Are you for real?

We are talking about injuries in comparison to inside the pocket vs outside. I wasn't the one who brought up Brady and Manning, I was just debugging the argument because they have suffered season ending injuries while inside the pocket. If you don't like Brady and Manning being brought up, address the poster who originally brought them into the debate.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34625369/a-heartfelt-goodbye-shocking-reunion-how-jimmy-garoppolo-san-francisco-49ers-came-together-again

You should probably get out now. If the ship goes down I'm going down with it. Fvck it!!
Get out? You ain't on nothing, if you were you would know how it ends

Another NFCC and shot at the Superbowl is a good thing for non garbage fans.

Are you for real?

We are talking about injuries in comparison to inside the pocket vs outside. I wasn't the one who brought up Brady and Manning, I was just debugging the argument because they have suffered season ending injuries while inside the pocket. If you don't like Brady and Manning being brought up, address the poster who originally brought them into the debate.

No, I was addressing you debugging the argument.

my point being 50 years of combined experience compared to a hatful of games says it all.

Are you for real?

No, I was addressing you debugging the argument.

my point being 50 years of combined experience compared to a hatful of games says it all.

No. It doesn't say it all. The whole reason why you didn't quote the entire conversation is because you didn't think I would catch on that you were the same poster that brought those QB's into the debate. This isn't my first rodeo. Don't try to play me like a fool. You have no idea whether Trey will stay healthy the rest of his career once he comes back. So your 50 years statement is just like the rest of your argument, anecdotal and no real evidence to back it up.
Originally posted by BangBang49er:

Another NFCC and shot at the Superbowl is a good thing for non garbage fans.
Do you know anything on being a fan, for sure you don't know how to trash talk.

Anyways if you ever do get on the ship, don't sit in my seats
Jimmy G. = wins regular season games, wins playoff games where the run game is dominant & defense plays well.
If this team reaches the SB, then - run game and defense both have to be excellent, and Jimmy G. throws ~15 passes, no INTs, 65% completion.
The same was true 3 years ago, and same was true last year.
I guess if he remains healthy this year, 3rd times' a charm (?)
He's playing like it's his last game and I like it
Share 49ersWebzone