LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 245 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Jimmy G. = wins regular season games, wins playoff games where the run game is dominant & defense plays well.
If this team reaches the SB, then - run game and defense both have to be excellent, and Jimmy G. throws ~15 passes, no INTs, 65% completion.
The same was true 3 years ago, and same was true last year.
I guess if he remains healthy this year, 3rd times' a charm (?)
The team needs to be more perfect this year than the years prior, if we want to go anywhere
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Love me some Jimmy G. This is going to be a wild ass season.

I'm ready for the ride. LFG!!
yup but we already know how that ride ends...

You should probably get out now. If the ship goes down I'm going down with it. Fvck it!!
Get out? You ain't on nothing, if you were you would know how it ends
Another NFCC and shot at the Superbowl is a good thing for non garbage fans.
Do you know anything on being a fan, for sure you don't know how to trash talk.

Anyways if you ever do get on the ship, don't sit in my seats
Says the guy that constantly trashes a player on his team. I'll pass on that seat thanks. I like to root for my team and it's players not hate on them
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 20, 2022 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Brady, Manning and Brees have a combined 50 years of football under their belt ffs.

Trey has played a hatful of games.

Are you for real?

We are talking about injuries in comparison to inside the pocket vs outside. I wasn't the one who brought up Brady and Manning, I was just debugging the argument because they have suffered season ending injuries while inside the pocket. If you don't like Brady and Manning being brought up, address the poster who originally brought them into the debate.

No, I was addressing you debugging the argument.

my point being 50 years of combined experience compared to a hatful of games says it all.

No. It doesn't say it all. The whole reason why you didn't quote the entire conversation is because you didn't think I would catch on that you were the same poster that brought those QB's into the debate. This isn't my first rodeo. Don't try to play me like a fool. You have no idea whether Trey will stay healthy the rest of his career once he comes back. So your 50 years statement is just like the rest of your argument, anecdotal and no real evidence to back it up.

I'm not playing anybody, Read your previous post,You are the one who said it was not fair to compare a running back to a QB and it would be better to compare a pocket passer to a running QB, which is why I mentioned several pocket passers in my example….. Let's compare the facts, look at the number of injuries versus games played for Trey and compare it to any pocket passer u like.
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
He's playing like it's his last game and I like it
Not sure which way you're going here. Jimmy tried to make it closer but the defense wasn't having it
JG thread in a nutshell

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
JG thread in a nutshell

Not anymore. Far more descriptive of the Lance and Shanahan threads
Brady, Manning and Brees have a combined 50 years of football under their belt ffs.

Are you for real?

We are talking about injuries in comparison to inside the pocket vs outside. I wasn't the one who brought up Brady and Manning, I was just debugging the argument because they have suffered season ending injuries while inside the pocket. If you don't like Brady and Manning being brought up, address the poster who originally brought them into the debate.

my point being 50 years of combined experience compared to a hatful of games says it all.

No. It doesn't say it all. The whole reason why you didn't quote the entire conversation is because you didn't think I would catch on that you were the same poster that brought those QB's into the debate. This isn't my first rodeo. Don't try to play me like a fool. You have no idea whether Trey will stay healthy the rest of his career once he comes back. So your 50 years statement is just like the rest of your argument, anecdotal and no real evidence to back it up.

I'm not playing anybody, Read your previous post,You are the one who said it was not fair to compare a running back to a QB and it would be better to compare a pocket passer to a running QB, which is why I mentioned several pocket passers in my example….. Let's compare the facts, look at the number of injuries versus games played for Trey and compare it to any pocket passer u like.

How about we compare all running QB's to all pure pocket passers over the past 2 decades? This debate is not just about Trey Lance. Can you not get past that? Or are you incapable of having a real debate on the subject?

Isolating 1 running QB in his first 2 seasons compared to a few HOF pocket passers over the last 2 decades is straight up disingenuous.

I have to get some sleep now since I am on the east coast and have to get up early for work. Come back tomorrow if you are capable of having a real debate.

You should probably get out now. If the ship goes down I'm going down with it. Fvck it!!
Do you know anything on being a fan, for sure you don't know how to trash talk.

Anyways if you ever do get on the ship, don't sit in my seats
Says the guy that constantly trashes a player on his team. I'll pass on that seat thanks. I like to root for my team and it's players not hate on them
Lol, you're not rooting for the team. You're rooting for jimmy. I don't attach myself to the players like you do, I go to every game to root for my team. If a player is not getting it done then he's not getting it done

Are you for real?

How about we compare all running QB's to all pure pocket passers over the past 2 decades? This debate is not just about Trey Lance. Can you not get past that? Or are you incapable of having a real debate on the subject?

Isolating 1 running QB in his first 2 seasons compared to a few HOF pocket passers over the last 2 decades is straight up disingenuous.

I have to get some sleep now since I am on the east coast and have to get up early for work. Come back tomorrow if you are capable of having a real debate.

It is you that is incapable of a genuine debate.

20 years ago QB's were not as protected as they are today, Let's look back 10 years….

I understand why you want to move away from Trey, he's being asked to run the ball like a full back.
My point has been all along that he was being asked to Run between the tackles consistently and at a higher clip per game than any other QB does he including Josh Allen.

gonna complain the whole ride like my kid

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
JG thread in a nutshell

Not anymore. Far more descriptive of the Lance and Shanahan threads

Yep.
Whitner's a believer

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
jimmy running the trey lance gameplan

=

🔥🔥🔥

He looked great. Hopefully we keep throwing it down the field.

Hopefully we complete one of those down the field passes at some point.

We did. Ross Dwelley for a TD.

what trey couldn't do week 1

Trey literally completed 3 downfield passes in week 1.

he missed a wide open kroft for a td

jimmy hit his
This, this right here is why there are nearly 9000 pages here. It isn't "Jimmy haters." It's people like you making absolutely RIDICULOUS statements (such as the weather in week 2 was about the same as week 1), causing people like me to lose their s h double i t and respond maniacally.

What do I mean by that?

Jimmy was throwing a deep out. Lance was throwing a TE throwback that essentially became a streak. Moreover, Lance got KNOCKED DOWN right after he threw it, and had to dodge away from that inevitable hit while throwing, while Garoppolo had a nice clean pocket on his.

I mean, seriously? You are seriously arguing that Garoppolo—well known for having deep accuracy issues—is more accurate on deep passes than Lance—well known for being best at the deep ball?

Stans gonna Stan.

rooting for Jimmy and team wins, but let's stop acting like he's something he's not.

QB miss these throws all of the time. Guys like you, that Gore Stan guy and 5 trashed Jimmy for months about this yet make excuses for Trey. Be consistent I say. Both guys missed easy throws. Hell Josh Allen missed a wide open FB last night as well. Not a big deal.

Do you understand that Trey was under pressure on his deep throw, Jimmy wasn't, and the poster I responded to argued that the two situations were the same?
Stop with the falsehoods and convenient ignoring of relevant details to prop up your favorite player and this thread will cease before 9000. But that will never happen.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Sep 20, 2022 at 9:35 PM ]
Originally posted by dioworld:
QB miss these throws all of the time. Guys like you, that Gore Stan guy and 5 trashed Jimmy for months about this yet make excuses for Trey. Be consistent I say. Both guys missed easy throws. Hell Josh Allen missed a wide open FB last night as well. Not a big deal.

yup, These ppl and grant cohn are the 9ers problem. These MF nickpick every single damn little things. Stupid 9ers mgmt probably listen to those and driving good players out.
Instead of investing 3 first round pick and a 3rd in lance. They could use those pick to improve corner, OL.
Blame everything on jimmy on last years playoff of poor performance, dude had a broken shoulder/finger right? OL collapse completely. Leading in 4th quarter and defense dropping interception. Superbowl break down 21 points in 4th quarter

Now lance 2/4 game injured. they say the main reason to pick him is because garoppolo's availability, then now they should use their next 4 year pick to get another project QB since 50% of the time Trey play will get injured.

And what about these 9ers media saying all these BS he ghost the team, they have problem with him
doesn't look like that on the field when he come into the game sunday. Teammates love him.

The problem are the dumb posts from people who think a deep pass in a clean pocket is the same as a deep pass when the QB gets smashed right after he releases the ball.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Sep 20, 2022 at 9:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone