Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
jimmy running the trey lance gameplan

=

🔥🔥🔥

He looked great. Hopefully we keep throwing it down the field.

Hopefully we complete one of those down the field passes at some point.

We did. Ross Dwelley for a TD.

what trey couldn't do week 1

Trey literally completed 3 downfield passes in week 1.

he missed a wide open kroft for a td

jimmy hit his
This, this right here is why there are nearly 9000 pages here. It isn't "Jimmy haters." It's people like you making absolutely RIDICULOUS statements (such as the weather in week 2 was about the same as week 1), causing people like me to lose their s h double i t and respond maniacally.

What do I mean by that?

Jimmy was throwing a deep out. Lance was throwing a TE throwback that essentially became a streak. Moreover, Lance got KNOCKED DOWN right after he threw it, and had to dodge away from that inevitable hit while throwing, while Garoppolo had a nice clean pocket on his.

I mean, seriously? You are seriously arguing that Garoppolo—well known for having deep accuracy issues—is more accurate on deep passes than Lance—well known for being best at the deep ball?

Stans gonna Stan.

rooting for Jimmy and team wins, but let's stop acting like he's something he's not.

thats gonna happen when the receiver quits on the route

... okay how is the ball going out of bounds the receivers fault?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
kyle should let jimmy toss it around like he did in 2017, to a degree, but i doubt that he will.

i guess we'll find out sunday night

Jimmy has to get out his own head and play that loose. He's been the issue. Whether it was the injuries or the hangover from the SB he lost his ability to play loose. 2020 before the injury and all of last year he was in his own head not taking chances. Different guy than he was in the Saints game in 2019.

If he has that back he needs to keep it.

Denver chose Russ over JG. He's out for blood.

If this is the case, we will be in GREAT shape this year.

Week 3: Broncos passed on JG.
Week 5: Panthers passed on JG.
Week 12: Saints passed on JG.
Week 13: Dolphins passed on JG.
Week 16: Commanders passed on JG.

Thats 5 games right off the bat where Jimmy should be out for blood because the teams passed on him. And thats not even counting Seattle. Lets go!

Hopefully he makes them look stupid. He's got to know this is his last great chance to get his own Lombardi. He seemed to have taken a few more chances than normal last game, and I hope that continues. Our WRs won't always win the jump balls, but they'll get some PI calls, and interceptions on those are basically punts.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
If this is the case, we will be in GREAT shape this year.

Week 3: Broncos passed on JG.
Week 5: Panthers passed on JG.
Week 12: Saints passed on JG.
Week 13: Dolphins passed on JG.
Week 16: Commanders passed on JG.

Thats 5 games right off the bat where Jimmy should be out for blood because the teams passed on him. And thats not even counting Seattle. Lets go!

lol

No more laughable than his post about being out for blood because the Broncos passed on him. My post was tongue in cheek though, but not sure I can say with any degree of certainty that his is.
Kumite kumite

Why's the Black guy got to be doing the monkey Kung Fu?
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Whitner's a believer

Does anyone really believe this? Other than the Denver Broncos right now, I doubt teams are thinking about us much at all.
Whitner's a believer

The defense is sick. Jimmy G can get us wins now.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Whitner's a believer

He's had two great defenses before. But in the end… I guess we'll just blame the defense again?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Whitner's a believer

He's had two great defenses before. But in the end… I guess we'll just blame the defense again?

How about a broken Trent Williams and subpar Daniel Brunskill. Not to mention James Hasty was horrible and Shanahan had no other RB's to go to. But yah I mean sure it was all Jimmy in thr NFCC.

Give me a break.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Whitner's a believer

How about a broken Trent Williams and subpar Daniel Brunskill. Not to mention James Hasty was horrible and Shanahan had no other RB's to go to. But yah I mean sure it was all Jimmy in thr NFCC.

Give me a break.
Yet he still had time to throw to the open options… yes give me a damn break Jimmy
Whitner's a believer

Give me a break.
Yet he still had time to throw to the open options… yes give me a damn break Jimmy

Yeah and Jimmy playing hurt didn't affect his play at all
Jimmy leading us to the Super Bowl and finally completing Quest for 6 would be absolute poetic justice! 🤞

Jimmy is the chosen one, it was always going to end with him riding off into the sunset (or another QB needy team) after winning us a superbowl. He must fulfill the prophecy!
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Jimmy leading us to the Super Bowl and finally completing Quest for 6 would be absolute poetic justice! 🤞

And would open up the doors to trash Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks fans for years of trash talking.
Whitner's a believer

Give me a break.

Don't for the torn shoulder and busted thumb and how that affected his game but he just kept his nose to the grindstone.

And 2019 didnt have anything to with our turnstyle Oline in the 4thQ and the big bear hands of some monster defender. But what would know?
Whitner's a believer

Give me a break.

It is indeed interesting is it not? The blame Jimmy crowd?

Criticism is fine and sometimes warranted.

But it's like on Facebook, not Webzone on Facebook but a different group or something someone was posting how Jimmy couldn't get it done when it counted and literally posted pictures of Jimmy getting CREAMED by the Chiefs and the Rams. It was like, "Duh, there was the problem."

No Jimmy didn't play great at the end of those games. But the pass protection absolutely failed at the most critical of times as well.

Again, I'll say it. If you think that doesn't matter witness the guy everyone wants Lance to eventually be, Mahomes, running for his life and putting up 9 points against Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl.

Hard to say he had a "great defense" last year too. I mean Ambry Thomas was a starting cornerback. They were good, don't get me wrong. Great? Not really.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Whitner's a believer

Give me a break.

Don't for the torn shoulder and busted thumb and how that affected his game but he just kept his nose to the grindstone.

And 2019 didnt have anything to with our turnstyle Oline in the 4thQ and the big bear hands of some monster defender. But what would know?

Nope. Completely Jimmy's fault. He did his own pass blocking and also played both ways and at various times covered Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins on defense. No wonder he played so poorly. Poor guy was completely drained and wore out.
Share 49ersWebzone