LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 316 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know there are some fans that wanted Jimmy all along. That's fine but they have to be realistic about what to expect from him. We've seen him since 2017 and know what to expect. To expect him to suddnenly become anything different at ths point is unrealistic.

Let's just hope he can stay healthy for a change and have a year like he did in 2019. If he plays like that and the defense plays like expected then this team can make the playoffs. Can they win the SB? I don't know. If they stay relatively healthy they have a shot but the AFC has some really talented teams this year.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Sep 21, 2022 at 8:59 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
a few things..on this

Great Pocket, had more time to throw it better
there was DPI and Gray with a push in the back, not sure how it wasn't called
The wind also had an effect on it

Could have been a better pass, but there were a lot of other factors in this throw, but i will take all the jimmy down field shots i can get
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 21, 2022 at 9:09 AM ]
Dude we get it, you don't like Jimmy. No need to beat a dead horse
Jimmy G. didn't get any good offers, so he decided to pick the team that paid him the most, with a chance of earning more. The so-called "love for the team-mates" is over-rated. If someone offered him (or any player) more money, say $10million, that player is gone. I don't blame him.
Jed who is supposedly stingy, ultimately made the right call, decided to make him the highest paid backup QB. It's after all his money.
Good for both sides.

Thankful that we are able to still watch 49ers games with some hope.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Whitner's a believer

Does anyone really believe this? Other than the Denver Broncos right now, I doubt teams are thinking about us much at all.

I believe it.

Just like riding a bike.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
No one is arguing any different - you're acting like it's binary. Football is hard. For every huge chunk play down the field there's 3 misses or sacks.
I haven't looked at the stats in a few years but for a long time it was 80% of drives where there was a sack ended in a punt. You go out there and try and take deep shots and have to eat sacks or turnovers, you've done exactly what you said, put your defense right back on the field.

Kyle has talked about this in regards to his playcalling in HOU. "We scored a lot of points but we didn't win many games. I call plays differently now, thinking about how it affects the whole team".
He's saying, 3 long drives that end in 10 points is better than 3 short drives that has one home run for 7.

Oh I don't disagree. But there used to be all this praise for how Harbaugh ran things because we possessed the ball so much. Problem was they kicked too many damn field goals and it took one bad play by the D and the other team would be back in it. The first two drives Sunday weren't default good either. Gotta put it in the end zone. However that comes.

Time of Possession only really matters if you do something with it.

Do you guys think the Bills D cares when their offense scores in 3 plays or 14? I think a TD either way hypes them up. A quick TD by the offense will give them the "Let's get back to work" mentality. No one is like "Dammit they scored again so fast!"

I think having the ability to hit a deep ball is important. We've seen teams take away Jimmy's intermediate game and his struggles. Who knows i'm not counting out the deep ball with Jimmy. Some reports were saying his throwing shoulder will come back stronger after his surgery. Maybe he has more confidence in it. I also think he has nothing to lose and everything to gain if he starts taking more shots down field.

I swear Jimmy threw more downfield this past Sunday than any one game in 2021. He even made a far hash throw to an Out route (DGray). He does not need to do this just to do it, but when it's there, do it. Aiyuk and Deebo seem like good contested catch type of WRs, and we saw the 49ers benefit from some defensive PI calls. I think his shoulder is feeling good, and this is him not having much work with the WRs this offseason.
Originally posted by thl408:
I swear Jimmy threw more downfield this past Sunday than any one game in 2021. He even made a far hash throw to an Out route (DGray). He does not need to do this just to do it, but when it's there, do it. Aiyuk and Deebo seem like good contested catch type of WRs, and we saw the 49ers benefit from some defensive PI calls. I think his shoulder is feeling good, and this is him not having much work with the WRs this offseason.

Yessir it was the TL gameplan / playsheet with JG running it.

LET JIMMY COOK

It reminded me of the Jimmy that played the last 5 games of the season the year we traded for him. Just let it rip!
Originally posted by ady2glude707:

It reminded me of the Jimmy that played the last 5 games of the season the year we traded for him. Just let it rip!

Basically it's JG with KS growing a pair. It's not like JG can't do it. KS has to let him play.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ady2glude707:

Basically it's JG with KS growing a pair. It's not like JG can't do it. KS has to let him play.
jimmy is his own doing.. stop the narrative
Jimmy don't give a s**t now. He needs to show his arm and not dog leashing by Kyle, so he will have market this offseason.
Originally posted by dioworld:
Jimmy don't give a s**t now. He needs to show his arm and not dog leashing by Kyle, so he will have market this offseason.

I noticed this and it could be our ticket. I don't think we will win by hiding our QB that's playing scared and it hasn't worked for us.. the whole team plays scared and tight in late game situations when KS calls it conservative.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
No one is arguing any different - you're acting like it's binary. Football is hard. For every huge chunk play down the field there's 3 misses or sacks.
I haven't looked at the stats in a few years but for a long time it was 80% of drives where there was a sack ended in a punt. You go out there and try and take deep shots and have to eat sacks or turnovers, you've done exactly what you said, put your defense right back on the field.

Kyle has talked about this in regards to his playcalling in HOU. "We scored a lot of points but we didn't win many games. I call plays differently now, thinking about how it affects the whole team".
He's saying, 3 long drives that end in 10 points is better than 3 short drives that has one home run for 7.

Oh I don't disagree. But there used to be all this praise for how Harbaugh ran things because we possessed the ball so much. Problem was they kicked too many damn field goals and it took one bad play by the D and the other team would be back in it. The first two drives Sunday weren't default good either. Gotta put it in the end zone. However that comes.

Time of Possession only really matters if you do something with it.

Do you guys think the Bills D cares when their offense scores in 3 plays or 14? I think a TD either way hypes them up. A quick TD by the offense will give them the "Let's get back to work" mentality. No one is like "Dammit they scored again so fast!"

I think having the ability to hit a deep ball is important. We've seen teams take away Jimmy's intermediate game and his struggles. Who knows i'm not counting out the deep ball with Jimmy. Some reports were saying his throwing shoulder will come back stronger after his surgery. Maybe he has more confidence in it. I also think he has nothing to lose and everything to gain if he starts taking more shots down field.

Yes, sir! Looked pretty decent too. Had some good zip on a lot of his throws so it does seem like the surgery helped. Hopefully he continues to throw like this and we should be fine.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I noticed this and it could be our ticket. I don't think we will win by hiding our QB that's playing scared and it hasn't worked for us.. the whole team plays scared and tight in late game situations when KS calls it conservative.

Everytime we went up by 2+ TD , Kyle play ridiculous conservative and stop trying to score, He got to change that, or Jimmy need to f him off and do his thing.
He gotta show other team he can score after leading by 2TD. time to ignore orders from upper mgmt
Share 49ersWebzone