LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 215 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Unfortunately, Lance's injury is going to keep this ridiculous argument going about how good or bad Jimmy is for another year. Here we all were thinking that it was over and it's back with a vengeance.

And even longer when he wins us the super bowl and Lynch is forced to give him a new contract
Originally posted by pdc20:
Stop with this Yolo thing seriously.^^
Jimmy is a professional and he will never put himself before the team.
But most importantly, Kyle micromanages everything. Jimmy is just there to execute his plan and that´s it.

Lol yeah the yolo thing is annoying
but to your point, Jimmy holds all the power here. What's KS going to do, bench him?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Golden playing Madden and JD teaching a masterclass.
we all know the HC adjusts to his QBs and not the QB adjusting to the HC

the plays are to help with jimmy's weakness
The other thing we as fans don't see or could know is the QB's perspective. Easy to criticize when you see things from the eye in the sky and not in and around the linemen on the field. That's why we commonly here things like after an interception by any QB, he did not see, or the player baited the QB into thinking.

There are times a QB will simply miss things because of under or over thrown balls. Happens. As great as Aaron is he still lost in the playoffs because of our D last.

We will be alright.

I am more concerned about a damn curse-49ers, I swear injuries are part of the fame, but it seems the niners suffer more than the rest of the league.
lol all it took was an offseason of paying attention to a different QB for people to completely forget that we were running Jimmy out of town for being mediocre and unreliable in January.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Alright, calm down there, buddy.
Here's some nuggets for you since people seem to think I'm not being honest about this. Many of the "deep" throws in Kyle's playbook are "alerts". They're triggered by certain conditions and ONLY by certain conditions. An alert is usually that you only look that way if there's a busted coverage.

FYI, these are all out of the 5-7 step drop portion of his playbook which is only half the passes. The rest are 3 step drop of play-action.

Here you see the corner routes are Alerts and the go route is a coverage adjustment route only against C2 zone

This is Kyle's version of Martz's Short post concept. The outside routes are Alerts and only verticals as coverage adjustments to run a vertical vs C2 zone

Even on a Go+Shade the Go is only an Alert

These are only a few examples but what you see in the VAST MAJORITY of our plays. If we're throwing the Alert, it's got to be triggered by the conditions established by KS himself or a busted coverage. On an Alert, even then the QB is to peak quick and if he doesn't like it move on but NEVER let it disrupt the timing of the primary progression.
For example, If you see press-man on an Z stream, you check to make sure the D didn't bust the late motion and if they didn't you move on to your progression. It'll be super fast.

Thank you for this breakdown. It is very helpful.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

So that's why we ran more than passed with Trey?
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by BangBang49er:

When the team is averaging 8.7 YPC, I'd expect we'll run a lot no matter who the QB is.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

When the team is averaging 8.7 YPC, I'd expect we'll run a lot no matter who the QB is.

That's not what I asked but I agree.

why wouldn't he help the young QB with running it more..

bad decisions by Trey to keep the ball on most of those options

Unfortunately, Lance's injury is going to keep this ridiculous argument going about how good or bad Jimmy is for another year. Here we all were thinking that it was over and it's back with a vengeance.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Stop with this Yolo thing seriously.^^
Jimmy is a professional and he will never put himself before the team.
But most importantly, Kyle micromanages everything. Jimmy is just there to execute his plan and that´s it.

Lol yeah the yolo thing is annoying
but to your point, Jimmy holds all the power here. What's KS going to do, bench him?

He can call QB Power for example.^^
But more seriously, Jimmy is not the type of guy that will go in business with himself.
He will do his job the best way he can as a professional regardless of what he thinks about Kyle and John.
Originally posted by cortana49:

It's like JG said postgame none of that matters he's not into stats or metrics.. it's about the W.

I look forward to a lot of 'check out these hand picked metrics he sucks' or 'check out this throw i picked out specifically he sucks' type posts as we win games each week.

Is that what you got out of JD's post below?
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Alright, calm down there, buddy.
Here's some nuggets for you since people seem to think I'm not being honest about this. Many of the "deep" throws in Kyle's playbook are "alerts". They're triggered by certain conditions and ONLY by certain conditions. An alert is usually that you only look that way if there's a busted coverage.

FYI, these are all out of the 5-7 step drop portion of his playbook which is only half the passes. The rest are 3 step drop of play-action.

Here you see the corner routes are Alerts and the go route is a coverage adjustment route only against C2 zone

This is Kyle's version of Martz's Short post concept. The outside routes are Alerts and only verticals as coverage adjustments to run a vertical vs C2 zone

Even on a Go Shade the Go is only an Alert

These are only a few examples but what you see in the VAST MAJORITY of our plays. If we're throwing the Alert, it's got to be triggered by the conditions established by KS himself or a busted coverage. On an Alert, even then the QB is to peak quick and if he doesn't like it move on but NEVER let it disrupt the timing of the primary progression.
For example, If you see press-man on an Z stream, you check to make sure the D didn't bust the late motion and if they didn't you move on to your progression. It'll be super fast.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Except when we talk about the Packers game. Everyone bashes Jimmy for only having 8 passes.
Share 49ersWebzone