LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 299 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
After watching a bunch of training camp and practice videos of 49ers QBs - Lance, Jimmy G., Purdy and Benkert, the QB with the best throw seems to be Purdy. He seems to place the ball exactly where the receiver is best equipped to catch it, be it short or 40+ yards.
Of course, it's practice, and no one is under duress, but not bad at all for Mr.Irrelevant
Originally posted by BangBang49er: Show us the last time you said anything positive about Jimmy.

When you wondered why Jimmy wasn't cut yet and I tried to calm you down on the subject,...can that be considered positive?

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Theres gonna be a lot of angry ppl if they pay a guy $27 million to sit on the couch

And we think this may happen... why exactly?

Why hang on to him this long? No trade is going to happen. Lynch says he wants to do right by Jimmy and "with guys like that, you don't just give it away" just yesterday.

273 more and counting.

You missed a lot of bad Jimmy press (or are just ignoring it altogether) if you have to ask why hang onto him this long.

It has been pointed out why here ad nauseum.
Originally posted by BangBang49er: Show us the last time you said anything positive about Jimmy.

When you wondered why Jimmy wasn't cut yet and I tried to calm you down on the subject,...can that be considered positive?

Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Theres gonna be a lot of angry ppl if they pay a guy $27 million to sit on the couch

And we think this may happen... why exactly?

Why hang on to him this long? No trade is going to happen. Lynch says he wants to do right by Jimmy and "with guys like that, you don't just give it away" just yesterday.

273 more and counting.

You missed a lot of bad Jimmy press (or are just ignoring it altogether) if you have to ask why hang onto him this long.

It has been pointed out why here ad nauseum.

What?! That's nothing positive, that some dude schooling you that Jimmy wasn't released for a reason. Lol at you posting you being extremely wrong as a positive. I'm perplexed at the "random"ness.

Now can you please answer the question. Show us the last time you were ever positive, just once about Jimmy. There's gotta be at least once.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
That guy has a history in the Jimmy thread. Similar to SD49er is the Lance thread. They both stick to football but it's constant non stop bashing, which comes across as haterish and non productive. It would be different if either of them would occasionally say somehing positive but nope, constant negative BS. And like WB stayed above, many are dead silent when it comes to one but not he other.

Did he ever say Jimmy is the worst decision this team ever made?

Kyle Williams takes offense to this

Lawrence Phillips says hi
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
What? That's nothing positive, that some dude schooling you that Jimmy wasn't released for a reason.

Some dude? You know you're TreyDey, right?
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Golden playing Madden and JD teaching a masterclass.
we all know the HC adjusts to his QBs and not the QB adjusting to the HC

the plays are to help with jimmy's weakness

So that's why we ran more than passed with Trey?

When the team is averaging 8.7 YPC, I'd expect we'll run a lot no matter who the QB is.

Except when we talk about the Packers game. Everyone bashes Jimmy for only having 8 passes.

As long as we're consistent, then it doesn't matter. Either say that Kyle didn't trust Jimmy to throw in the NFC Championship game and did not trust Lance to throw or say that Kyle is going to keep running the ball when it's highly effective. Just don't give different explanations for the same thing based on which QB you prefer.
What? That's nothing positive, that some dude schooling you that Jimmy wasn't released for a reason.

Lol what a weird tangent.

I take it you can't answer a very simple request and that only proves that you may have never once said a positive thing about Jimmy.

Anyways that was a spectacular post by Jonny. Imo you should actually try proving him wrong. Let's see your breakdowns.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:

LOL, that playbook is from spring of 2018. Which, BTW, is VERY similar to Kyle's 2015 Falcons playbook. I guess Matt Ryan had the same, "weaknesses" that Kyle had to "help" with.

It's also pretty similar to Mike Shanahans' late 90's playbooks with John Elway, save for adding some more stuff like from the Martz offense and some other wrinkles here and there.
I guess Elway had the same weaknesses as Jimmy.....

If you've followed any of Shanahan's(his or his dads) work you know that they're both system guys. They expect the players to run their system and adjust to them. There is the element of trying to utilize players' strengths but for the most part the guys are expected to run the system. If Mike had Barry Sanders, he still would've had him run the wide-zone based scheme. Same if he had Frank Gore. It's why guys like Mark Schlereth who played in Mike's system in Denver really like Jimmy G because they know a lot of the passing concepts and run scheme from running it for years with Mike.
I didn't say these exact plays, but Kyle is not going to try to fit a square peg where it doesn't fit.

The game plans and plays for Trey and jimmy are night and day. Kyle said he scrapped the entire gameplan

nice try to down play Ryan and Elway tho

I wasn't, it's called being facetious and hyperbole. I'm saying that if these things are gameplanning around Jimmy's weakness then you have to say that Elway and Ryan have the same weaknesses.
Whitner's a believer

6:10

?t=370

"This is exactly what I talked to Jimmy about at his locker after the game, and I will tell you, that he was absolutely thrilled to have had the chance to push the ball down the field like that. Absolutely thrilled to have that chance."
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Sep 21, 2022 at 4:33 PM ]

When the team is averaging 8.7 YPC, I'd expect we'll run a lot no matter who the QB is.

Except when we talk about the Packers game. Everyone bashes Jimmy for only having 8 passes.

As long as we're consistent, then it doesn't matter. Either say that Kyle didn't trust Jimmy to throw in the NFC Championship game and did not trust Lance to throw or say that Kyle is going to keep running the ball when it's highly effective. Just don't give different explanations for the same thing based on which QB you prefer.

Hello pot, meet kettle...

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by dj43:
Alright, calm down there, buddy.
Here's some nuggets for you since people seem to think I'm not being honest about this. Many of the "deep" throws in Kyle's playbook are "alerts". They're triggered by certain conditions and ONLY by certain conditions. An alert is usually that you only look that way if there's a busted coverage.

FYI, these are all out of the 5-7 step drop portion of his playbook which is only half the passes. The rest are 3 step drop of play-action.

Here you see the corner routes are Alerts and the go route is a coverage adjustment route only against C2 zone

This is Kyle's version of Martz's Short post concept. The outside routes are Alerts and only verticals as coverage adjustments to run a vertical vs C2 zone

Even on a Go+Shade the Go is only an Alert

These are only a few examples but what you see in the VAST MAJORITY of our plays. If we're throwing the Alert, it's got to be triggered by the conditions established by KS himself or a busted coverage. On an Alert, even then the QB is to peak quick and if he doesn't like it move on but NEVER let it disrupt the timing of the primary progression.
For example, If you see press-man on an Z stream, you check to make sure the D didn't bust the late motion and if they didn't you move on to your progression. It'll be super fast.

Thank you for this breakdown. It is very helpful.

IF the deep ball is only an ALERT, then it's not Grappy's fault that he hardly looks that way .. The guy is just trying to get rid of the ball as fast as possible.

the problem I have w/our pass plays especially on an obvious passing situation is that we don't drop back DEEP enough that will allow the deeper route to develop.

We have a few 7 step drops, but very, very few. As you can see, the "5" on the QB is a 5 step drop. To have 7 step drops, you have to have an OL that you believe in to block for that long. Cause that's a long drop.
  • thl408
jd, I'm looking at the same playbook (I think, 2017) and I see vertical routes that are #1 in the progression (not an Alert). I remember him dialing up Mills (Post + Dig) for CJBeathard and Goodwin scored on the Post route. The vertical routes are there in his playbook.

Lol what a weird tangent.

I take it you can't answer a very simple request and that only proves that you may have never once said a positive thing about Jimmy.

Trey?

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Hello pot, meet kettle...

Please point out where I've given different explanations for the same thing for different QBs. Now, of course, Jimmy should be held to a different standard than Lance in some cases because he's an 8 year vet with a significant amount of starting experience and Lance is not, but that is not what I'm referring to.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 21, 2022 at 4:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone