LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 296 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Got the Rams game circled. Can't wait to see what these 2 put together vs. an albeit weaker version of the ones that kicked us out of th PO last year.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

It's always been pretty clear that Shanny has certain routes and plays ran the way he wants them regardless of the other reads. He often calls plays that where he wants the ball to go no matter the scenario.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol all it took was an offseason of paying attention to a different QB for people to completely forget that we were running Jimmy out of town for being mediocre and unreliable in January.

Only in January? LOL

No, just as recent as January.
6:10

?t=370

"This is exactly what I talked to Jimmy about at his locker after the game, and I will tell you, that he was absolutely thrilled to have had the chance to push the ball down the field like that. Absolutely thrilled to have that chance."

He's always had it. Kyle didn't suddenly change things in 2020.

Kyle never called the play that Danny Gray ran ever the last two years? The play to McCloud? Cmon.

So we usually do things he doesn't like to do?
Originally posted by BangBang49er:

It's always been pretty clear that Shanny has certain routes and plays ran the way he wants them regardless of the other reads. He often calls plays that where he wants the ball to go no matter the scenario.

Lol
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Wow a QB that likes to go out and throw the ball, what a crazy concept lololol.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Stop with this Yolo thing seriously.^^
Jimmy is a professional and he will never put himself before the team.
But most importantly, Kyle micromanages everything. Jimmy is just there to execute his plan and that´s it.

That's what I meant by YOLO. Kyle gives up some control (YOLO) to let his QB play in an offense he's most comfortable in. What's he got to lose other than a little control? YOLO.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Lol

Forgot to switch accounts
  • thl408

I wish Jimmy delved deeper into what he means. What, was 2017 simply, "to hell with progressions and coverage reads"?

Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Lol

Forgot to switch accounts

Huh

Been here since '06 same account, unlike you that's been banned multiple times and don't get the memo to stay banned.
Originally posted by thl408:

I wish Jimmy delved deeper into what he means. What, was 2017 simply, "to hell with progressions and coverage reads"?

Hes saying what jonny is pointing out. This is not Jonny saying this next part but Kyle has gotten stubborn with his plays and demands a lot of control.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 4:52 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

Hes saying what jonny is pointing out. This is not Jonny saying this next part but Kyle has gotten stubborn with his plays and demands too much control.

What is jonny pointing out? I don't know of a coach that would say "on this play, throw it to the open guy".
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Stop with this Yolo thing seriously.^^
Jimmy is a professional and he will never put himself before the team.
But most importantly, Kyle micromanages everything. Jimmy is just there to execute his plan and that´s it.

That's what I meant by YOLO. Kyle gives up some control (YOLO) to let his QB play in an offense he's most comfortable in. What's he got to lose other than a little control? YOLO.

Keep this YOLO up he may lose the KS10 label
Didn't Nick Mullens have the 2nd most yards ever thru his first 16 starts?
Share 49ersWebzone