There are 309 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Whitner's a believer

6:10

?t=370

"This is exactly what I talked to Jimmy about at his locker after the game, and I will tell you, that he was absolutely thrilled to have had the chance to push the ball down the field like that. Absolutely thrilled to have that chance."

Oh boy. Game on.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Golden playing Madden and JD teaching a masterclass.
we all know the HC adjusts to his QBs and not the QB adjusting to the HC

the plays are to help with jimmy's weakness

So that's why we ran more than passed with Trey?

When the team is averaging 8.7 YPC, I'd expect we'll run a lot no matter who the QB is.

Except when we talk about the Packers game. Everyone bashes Jimmy for only having 8 passes.

As long as we're consistent, then it doesn't matter. Either say that Kyle didn't trust Jimmy to throw in the NFC Championship game and did not trust Lance to throw or say that Kyle is going to keep running the ball when it's highly effective. Just don't give different explanations for the same thing based on which QB you prefer.

I agree. I'm sure you and others were consistent in both scenarios.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Sep 21, 2022 at 4:56 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

So we usually do things he doesn't like to do?

I wish Jimmy delved deeper into what he means. What, was 2017 simply, "to hell with progressions and coverage reads"?

Hes saying what jonny is pointing out. This is not Jonny saying this next part but Kyle has gotten stubborn with his plays and demands too much control.

What is jonny pointing out?

What I'm getting out of it is there are basic reads that he wants thrown to and many of the other routes are "alerts". As I pointed out and random did his usual smiley, he wants the ball to go to a certain spot no matter the scenario( I admit may be a little over exaggerated). Meaning those routes are very last resort and that reads one and two are his designed routes. It's Kyle having a huge chunk of control on where the ball goes so he can set up a play later or see what the defenses are doing. Kyle doesn't want improvising he wants plays ran exactly as he designs them. Jimmy used to have more control but as time progressed he was doing what Shanny wanted done.

That's what Jimmy is saying.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 5:03 PM ]

Exactly my point. Kyle runs this b***h. He's the QB.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 21, 2022 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by pdc20:
Stop with this Yolo thing seriously.^^
Jimmy is a professional and he will never put himself before the team.
But most importantly, Kyle micromanages everything. Jimmy is just there to execute his plan and that´s it.

That's what I meant by YOLO. Kyle gives up some control (YOLO) to let his QB play in an offense he's most comfortable in. What's he got to lose other than a little control? YOLO.

What I'm getting out of it is there are basic reads that he wants thrown to and many of the other routes are "alerts". Meaning those routes are very last resort and that reads one and two are his designed routes. It's Kyle having a huge chunk of control on where the ball goes so he can set up a play later or see what the defenses are doing. Kyle doesn't want improvising he wants plays ran exactly as he designs them. Jimmy used to have more control but as time progressed he was doing what Shanny wanted done.

So when exactly did the control change?

Why would Shanny give Nick Mullens a different level of control?

I wish Jimmy delved deeper into what he means. What, was 2017 simply, "to hell with progressions and coverage reads"?

Hes saying what jonny is pointing out. This is not Jonny saying this next part but Kyle has gotten stubborn with his plays and demands too much control.

What I'm getting out of it is there are basic reads that he wants thrown to and many of the other routes are "alerts". Meaning those routes are very last resort and that reads one and two are his designed routes. It's Kyle having a huge chunk of control on where the ball goes so he can set up a play later or see what the defenses are doing. Kyle doesn't want improvising he wants plays ran exactly as he designs them. Jimmy used to have more control but as time progressed he was doing what Shanny wanted.

Garoppolo also noted he just runs the plays as called (and how he's coached up within them) and even referenced the 2nd to last play as an example where he rushed at the goal line.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Stop with this Yolo thing seriously.^^
Jimmy is a professional and he will never put himself before the team.
But most importantly, Kyle micromanages everything. Jimmy is just there to execute his plan and that´s it.

That's what I meant by YOLO. Kyle gives up some control (YOLO) to let his QB play in an offense he's most comfortable in. What's he got to lose other than a little control? YOLO.

• thl408

What I'm getting out of it is there are basic reads that he wants thrown to and many of the other routes are "alerts". Meaning those routes are very last resort and that reads one and two are his designed routes. It's Kyle having a huge chunk of control on where the ball goes so he can set up a play later or see what the defenses are doing. Kyle doesn't want improvising he wants plays ran exactly as he designs them. Jimmy used to have more control but as time progressed he was doing what Shanny wanted done.

Maybe because I'm jumping in mid-convo here, I'm confused. Alerts are not last resort, they are the first resort (if that makes sense). Idk what to make of this but very interesting. I can watch the all22 of vsSEA later and see if I can tell if on the deeper routes Jimmy threw, whether they are Alert.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

So when exactly did the control change?

Why would Shanny give Nick Mullens a different level of control?

I don't know. You'll have to ask Jimmy. I think he seemed to change after Jimmy's leg injury at some point. People forget Jimmy's Super Bowl year he was top 10(top 5 in some)in most important QB statistics outside of the fantasy stats our fans obsess about.

Maybe because I'm jumping in mid-convo here, I'm confused. Alerts are not last resort, they are the first resort (if that makes sense). Idk what to make of this but very interesting. I can watch the all22 of vsSEA later and see if I can tell if on the deeper routes Jimmy threw, whether they are Alert.

"Many of the "deep" throws in Kyle's playbook are "alerts". They're triggered by certain conditions and ONLY by certain conditions."

Meaning that only under rare circumstances should those be thrown and yes those are the first resort under those rare occasions so bad wording on my part.. Under all others hit the designed routes Kyle has schemed for that particular play. I think that is exactly the control Jimmy is insinuating.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 5:12 PM ]
I don't know. You'll have to ask Jimmy. I think he seemed to change after Jimmy's leg injury at some point. People forget Jimmy's Super Bowl year he was top 10(top 5 in some)in most important QB statistics outside of the fantasy stats our fans obsess about.

In 2019 there weren't issues throwing deep. Again Nick was throwing plenty in 2020. So this is just Kyle picking on Jimmy?

So if Jimmy makes a bonehead throw into triple coverage it's gonna be Kyles fault now because that's where he had to throw the football? Is that where this is going?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

In 2019 there weren't issues throwing deep. Again Nick was throwing plenty in 2020. So this is just Kyle picking on Jimmy?

So if Jimmy makes a bonehead throw into triple coverage it's gonna be Kyles fault now because that's where he had to throw the football? Is that where this is going?

I think some times it's a bad presnap read and that Jimmy does trust the offense too much, yes. By play design and defense I think Jimmy has a tendency to get tricked by being too confident in his presnap read and playcall. That is why sometimes(not all by any means) he leaves you wondering wtf he's doing.

As far as Mullens I don't remember him slinging it deep overly often In fact watching his highlights I think a vast majority of these plays are designed plays as I've said. He had a few real nice outside the scripted play throws but most are designed routes.

His air yards per attempt was pretty much the same as Jimmy's.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 5:35 PM ]
I think some times it's a bad presnap read and that Jimmy does trust the offense too much, yes. By play design and defense I think Jimmy has a tendency to get tricked by being too confident in his presnap read and playcall. That is why sometimes(not all by any means) he leaves you wondering wtf he's doing.

As far as Mullens I don't remember him slinging it deep overly often In fact watching his highlights I think a vast majority of these plays are designed plays as I've said. He had a few real nice outside the scripted play throws but most are designed routes.

His air yards per attempt was pretty much the same as Jimmy's.

Deep no but he was slinging it. The suggestion is the offense needs to be opened up more to allow for him to be more productive.

That doesn't jive with a mediocre talent putting up more yards than all but one guy ever in same offense.

if Jimmy does trust the offense and the pre snaps too much that would seem to be a him issue.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 21, 2022 at 5:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone