There are 329 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
I think some times it's a bad presnap read and that Jimmy does trust the offense too much, yes. By play design and defense I think Jimmy has a tendency to get tricked by being too confident in his presnap read and playcall. That is why sometimes(not all by any means) he leaves you wondering wtf he's doing.

As far as Mullens I don't remember him slinging it deep overly often In fact watching his highlights I think a vast majority of these plays are designed plays as I've said. He had a few real nice outside the scripted play throws but most are designed routes.

His air yards per attempt was pretty much the same as Jimmy's.

Deep no but he was slinging it. The suggestion is the offense needs to be opened up more to allow for him to be more productive.

That doesn't jive with a mediocre talent putting up more yards than all but one guy ever in same offense.

if Jimmy does trust the offense and the pre snaps too much that would seem to be a him issue.

It is a him issue. I can admit Jimmy has flaws unlike guys like random(Gore), 3am, and 49AT who have to constantly be negative and cant give the guy credit when it's due. Jimmy is a good QB, sometimes he can be great, others just downright infuriating. Unlike the guys mentioned I can be honest.

As far as Mullens, when you are playing from behind and have 415 yards in a blowout loss where the offense scored a whopping 16 points or 282 yards in another blowout loss that called garbage stats.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 6:07 PM ]
It is a him issue. I can admit Jimmy has flaws unlike guys like random(Gore) and 49AT who have to constantly be negative and cant give the guy credit when it's due. Jimmy is a good QB, sometimes he can be great, others just downright infuriating. Unlike the guys mentioned I can be honest.

As far as Mullens, when you are playing from behind and have 415 yards in a blowout loss where the offense scored a whopping 16 points or 282 yards in another blowout loss that called garbage stats.

But more garbage stats then all but one guy ever? Thats just not a limiting pass offense. Especially when its a guy with fringe NFL ability.

When it's an elite guy it's an MVP offense.
i wonder if brian griese can bring anything out of jimmy g or add any element that rich scarangello couldn't! i really hope..
Extend the man cuz the price tag is going up do it now
I don't know. You'll have to ask Jimmy. I think he seemed to change after Jimmy's leg injury at some point. People forget Jimmy's Super Bowl year he was top 10(top 5 in some)in most important QB statistics outside of the fantasy stats our fans obsess about.

In 2019 there weren't issues throwing deep. Again Nick was throwing plenty in 2020. So this is just Kyle picking on Jimmy?

So if Jimmy makes a bonehead throw into triple coverage it's gonna be Kyles fault now because that's where he had to throw the football? Is that where this is going?

That's where you seem to be steering things. Two different QB's with different abilities and different level of understanding of the offense and how it works.
Originally posted by eastie:
That's where you seem to be steering things. Two different QB's with different abilities and different level of understanding of the offense and how it works.

So the guy with the more talent and best understanding of the offense was hamstrung by the coach more than the inferior guy?

It doesn't make logical sense
So the guy with the more talent and best understanding of the offense was hamstrung by the coach more than the inferior guy?

Best roster in the nfc
legit starting qb who has won a lot of big time games
Trey will get his chance
go niners
I can´t wait to see QB-power with Jimmy

Posting fantasy stats with no context means absolutely nothing. Especially as I've said some of his biggest games were blowouts where he passed a lot. When the score is 46-16, 27-9, 48-32(48-17 at one point) blowouts the game plan goes out the window. It's not a difficult concept dude. When you are down that much, which Jimmy has only been down a select few times you are throwing more.

It's not hamstringing, it's called Kyle's game planning.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 7:50 PM ]
It's a 2nd and 9 @ midfield,...right off crazy FG return for a TD where we needed to respond.

Ended up in a punt and luckily for us, Seattle's offense was crap and couldn't do anything all game.

Every QB misses some,....it's just that for him, it seems to happen at too high of a rate. It just seems that plays like these down the field simply aren't in his arsenal. You can pretty much always expect him to lock onto the closest receiver.

Plays like this are what makes some fans pull their hair out saying "Oh Jimmy."
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 21, 2022 at 8:00 PM ]

Originally posted by random49er:
It's a 2nd and 9 @ midfield,...right off crazy FG return for a TD where we needed to respond.

Ended up in a punt and luckily for us, Seattle's offense was crap and couldn't do anything all game.

Every QB misses some,....it's just that for him, it seems to happen at too high of a rate. It just seems that plays like these down the field simply aren't in his arsenal. You can pretty much always expect him to lock onto the closest receiver.

damn, I was hoping maybe after being benched and having shoulder surgery I wouldn't see these consistent misses from him for at least a few games

the sad part is it seems like he even looks at the open wr directly then his head moves and checks down.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Sep 21, 2022 at 8:04 PM ]

no it doesn't.. Alert !
checkdown mentality
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Extend the man cuz the price tag is going up do it now

How many years and for how much per?
Originally posted by random49er:

Without practice and work I totally get not hitting that. If something similar comes up this week he has to hit that.

What I won't buy is Kyle doesnt want Jimmy taking that shot by design. It's right there. Go cook.

That's the type of throw Kyle wants that got Trey drafted.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 21, 2022 at 8:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone