LISTEN: Is ESPN Right About The 49ers? →

There are 98 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Good thing the Niners have a very good QB and not a mediocre one starting for them right now.

I'm a fan of Jimmy, but I can't say he's something he's not. He's decent, but his awful TOs combined with his playoff performances make it hard for me to say he's "very good".
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Back to this one (containing multiple falsehoods)....

Originally posted by BangBang49er:
How many times has he been blown out? There's more to the game than passing 30 times. It's an absolutely meaningless stat. He's one of the winningest QB's in the entire NFL. To make these scenarios is just desperation imo.

Uhhh....no he isin't one of the winningest QB's in the entire NFL.

Here is the current list give or take...

We 1st have the 100+ Wins Club

1. Tom Brady 245
2. Matt Ryan 121
3. Aaron Rodgers 145
4. Russell Wilson 106

After them (in no particular order), there's
5. Joe Flacco (soon to have 100)
6. Matt Stafford
7. Dak Prescott
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Ryan Tannehill
10. Andy Dalton
12. Derek Carr

And then Jimmy comes in @ about 46 wins.

So no,...he is NOWHERE NEAR the top of the top of the winningest QB list of current QBs. That's just a lie to build him up into something that he's not.

Much of this thread is spent dispelling falsehoods that posters make (like how he played good enough for us to have 2 Superbowl trophies we don't currently have ).

If you have to make up falsehoods about a player,....then what does it really say about them and the narrative you're trying to craft?

Lol Jimmy only started 47 games so according to you he's 46-1

Jimmy hasn't even started 3 years worth of games.
The Niners when Jimmy starts and finishes a game (46 games):

34-12 (74%)
27 PPG
9 late-game drives for wins
14 = worst point-differential loss
4-2 in postseason

That is some great offensive and total team production.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Being blown out means you throw the ball more. With Jimmy as the QB we hardly ever get blown out so he is not forced to throw unnecessarily. This is why we win games is that Jimmy, who plays the most important position in any sport, never allows his teams to get down. And yes, that requires a good defense and a good running game but he is the one controlling the offense. You guys think Jimmy having one of the best records in the entire NFL is just by chance and it's really ignorant. You don't have that type of success being mediocre.

Good, knowledgeable post right here.

Jimmy is not mediocre, hes just a very good game manager that won't win a super bowl.
Originally posted by krizay:
Back to this one (containing multiple falsehoods)....

How many times has he been blown out? There's more to the game than passing 30 times. It's an absolutely meaningless stat. He's one of the winningest QB's in the entire NFL. To make these scenarios is just desperation imo.

Uhhh....no he isin't one of the winningest QB's in the entire NFL.

Here is the current list give or take...

We 1st have the 100+ Wins Club

1. Tom Brady 245
2. Matt Ryan 121
3. Aaron Rodgers 145
4. Russell Wilson 106

After them (in no particular order), there's
5. Joe Flacco (soon to have 100)
6. Matt Stafford
7. Dak Prescott
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Ryan Tannehill
10. Andy Dalton
12. Derek Carr

And then Jimmy comes in @ about 46 wins.

So no,...he is NOWHERE NEAR the top of the top of the winningest QB list of current QBs. That's just a lie to build him up into something that he's not.

Much of this thread is spent dispelling falsehoods that posters make (like how he played good enough for us to have 2 Superbowl trophies we don't currently have ).

If you have to make up falsehoods about a player,....then what does it really say about them and the naI grrative you're trying to craft?

Lol Jimmy only started 47 games so according to you he's 46-1

Jimmy hasn't even started 3 years worth of games.

It's not according to me,...it's according to record books.

I guess you're saying he never started for the Patriots? Or was this just a brainfart?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garce:
Jimmy is not mediocre, hes just a very good game manager that won't win a super bowl.

Maybe if Aaron Rodgers goes to the AFC he can make it to the SB and Jimmy can beat him again. Problem solved
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Maybe if Aaron Rodgers goes to the AFC he can make it to the SB and Jimmy can beat him again. Problem solved

You act like Jimmy blocked the Packers kick and also forced Mason Crosby to miss. What does Rodgers have to do with that? lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Don't even mention Jimmy in the same breath as Rodgers, they aren't in the same stratosphere.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I guess you're saying he never started for the Patriots? Or was this just a brainfart?

Lol 2 games bro.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaroJi00.htm

But I love your confidence
Don't even mention Jimmy in the same breath as Rodgers, they aren't in the same stratosphere.

Yes. One of them is 2-0 against the other in the playoffs.

• krizay
  • Veteran
You act like Jimmy blocked the Packers kick and also forced Mason Crosby to miss. What does Rodgers have to do with that? lol

The same thing Jimmy had to do with Moseley letting Tyreek Hill run free and catch a punt. And same thing Jimmy had to do with Tartt not catching a punt
Jimmy hater should just gave up watching 9ers this year and come back next year for Trey. If you guys hate him so much just stop watching while he's the starting QB .
yes, he suck and won't make no playoff, so just stop watching this year and come back next year
[ Edited by dioworld on Sep 22, 2022 at 4:48 PM ]

Lol 2 games bro.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaroJi00.htm

But I love your confidence

The top of the site you just linked me to says 64 career games.

You going to continue this?

You just had a brainfart. Get over it man.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 22, 2022 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Being blown out means you throw the ball more. With Jimmy as the QB we hardly ever get blown out so he is not forced to throw unnecessarily. This is why we win games is that Jimmy, who plays the most important position in any sport, never allows his teams to get down. And yes, that requires a good defense and a good running game but he is the one controlling the offense. You guys think Jimmy having one of the best records in the entire NFL is just by chance and it's really ignorant. You don't have that type of success being mediocre.

Mediocre QBs can win a lot of games with an elite roster/good coaching.

Good thing the Niners have a very good QB and not a mediocre one starting for them right now.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Jimmy's average time to throw under pressure in the playoffs last year was 3.40 seconds. Matthew Stafford was at 3.07 seconds. If I am understanding this correctly, that means that Jimmy was either holding the ball too long and that is what caused the pressure or Jimmy spent a good deal of time scrambling for his life. I tend to believe it was a combination of both.

I would say that the coverage plays a role also in sacks and pressures. The rams defense took away both the running game and the middle of the field in the passing game in a majority of the second half. Did Jimmy's thumb and shoulder play role in his ability to pass outside where there were plays to be made? Absolutely.

Quality points too.
idk about the injury part, there was nothing indistinguishable between healthy Jimmy and "injured" jimmy in 2021

Where I noticed it most...just saw it in Seattle too...was when he's on the move running and trying to throw on the move (towards the sideline). The ball just sails off his hand high every time. And it's not even close. Other than that, I didn't notice it a whole lot.
in seattle or this past game vs seattle ?

He's not injured right now, but he throws errant passes every game.. except in this past game he had large pockets and way more time to throw than ever and still managed to throw these WTF passes

but i'm talking about last year, there is no footage of Jimmy being effected by his injuries

Both. For instance, the sideline INT in Dallas. And remember, he's still not 100% yet. So I saw it again against Seattle on a throw to Gray along the sideline. It's like he doesn't quite have the strength yet in his shoulder/back to get over the ball on the move so it launches high on him. But it's only when he's running and trying to throw so like, once a game. Haha.
NC, c'mon... we have been seeing those passes since 2017

I'm literally talking about one very specific type of throw where I notice it. I'm not talking about the passes he misses Juice on a wheel route to start a game. That's just accuracy and him.
Why would i talk about another pass, This hasn't happened only twice since 2017
Share 49ersWebzone