LISTEN: Is ESPN Right About The 49ers? →

There are 111 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
The top of the site you just linked me to says 64 career games.

You going to continue this?

You just had a brainfart. Get over it man.

Starts bro. Starts. Not kneeling for Tom brady
[ Edited by krizay on Sep 22, 2022 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Garce:
You act like Jimmy blocked the Packers kick and also forced Mason Crosby to miss. What does Rodgers have to do with that? lol

The same thing Jimmy had to do with Moseley letting Tyreek Hill run free and catch a punt. And same thing Jimmy had to do with Tartt not catching a punt

Its funny to me that Jimmy defenders harp on the Tartt dropped pick but never acknowledge Jimmy throwing it directly into Jalen Ramsay's chest a few minutes later.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

His record is in the photo you posted.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Jimmy G. has been with this team for the last few years, strengths & weaknesses have been well analyzed by the fans, and the media, over and over again.

If Jimmy G. misses games again due to injury, and/or we don't make the playoffs, most likely 49ers will move on from him.
If the 49ers make the playoffs (not SB), most likely he will offered the same backup job (no one knows how Lance will pan out, it's unknown)
If the 49ers make the SB and/or win it, that equates to at least 3 NFCCG in every season that he has been healthy. He will most likely get a new 3-yr contract.

Interesting post. Regarding your second scenario, the Niners making the playoffs but not the SB, I'm curious whether or not the team would try to get him back as QB2 (and at what price/would Jimmy as a FA be interested?).

In looking at this team now and Jimmy at QB1, I'm just hoping they keep building, keep getting better, and hopefully stay somewhat healthy. They do that and they're going to be tough to beat. Want them to get on a roll early in the season this year...take it to Denver this Sunday and go from there.
It's not according to me,...it's according to record books.

I guess you're saying he never started for the Patriots? Or was this just a brainfart?

Lol 2 games bro.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaroJi00.htm

But I love your confidence

33 + 14 = 47. QB's don't get credited for the win or the loss for games they didn't start.

Starts bro. Starts. Not kneeling for Tom brady

You're going in circles. He's nowhere near the top of the winningest QB list. Where did I or the OP mention starts?

Does reducing the # of starts he has had somehow put him at the top of the list??

Read a lil slower as the post you replied to clearly said "give or take" in it.

He's nowhere in the zip code of being near the top of the current winningest QBs list. You getting that or not yet still?
Originally posted by YACBros85:
33 + 14 = 47. QB's don't get credited for the win or the loss for games they didn't start.

You're falling for a bait and switch.

People like to argue things that were never said.

But as far as "given credit for",....I'd give plenty of credit for our last game that Jimmy won,...even if he didn't start it.

So this is a side topic we can argue for days about but does it somehow increase his "Winningest QB" status,...which was the lie I rejected?

He's nowhere close and krazy is further enhancing my point.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 22, 2022 at 4:57 PM ]
Winningest QB ?

Jimmy will be the only HOF not to get a Probowl or All Pro
  • krizay
  • Veteran
You're going in circles. He's nowhere near the top of the winningest QB list. Where did I or the OP mention starts?

Does reducing the # of starts he has had somehow put him at the top of the list??

Read a lil slower as the post you replied to clearly said "give or take" in it.

He's nowhere in the zip code of being near the top of the current winningest QBs list. You getting that or not yet still?

You said Jimmy won 46 games. I said he only started 47. So according to your post he would be 46-1.

I was not in the conversation about winningest QB. So you may want to read a Lil slower
In all seriousness, having Jimmy Garoppolo back as the starter is so surreal, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff watching this league and I thought Ive seen it all, but this might take the cake

We almost had "that guy" in Kirk Cousins. LOL

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

Did you not see the deep out to Aiyuk that should've been caught.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
In all seriousness, having Jimmy Garoppolo back as the starter is so surreal, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff watching this league and I thought Ive seen it all, but this might take the cake
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

should have been caught and should have been thrown better
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

They must not have seen his presser today
You said Jimmy won 46 games. I said he only started 47. So according to your post he would be 46-1.

I was not in the conversation about winningest QB. So you may want to read a Lil slower

Critical Reading:

Here is the current list give or take...

And then Jimmy comes in @ about 46 wins.

Where were starts mentioned by me or the OP and what does it have to do with my point?

Even in giving Jimmy the benefit of the doubt (for the homers here) he's NOWHERE CLOSE to the top of any WINNINGEST list.

Is that registering yet or no??
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 22, 2022 at 5:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone