There are 235 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We almost had "that guy" in Kirk Cousins. LOL

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

Did you not see the deep out to Aiyuk that should've been caught.
should have been caught and should have been thrown better

Should've been thrown better? I we serious? If any other qb makes this throw yall are drooling over it

Originally posted by jonnydel:

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

Should've been thrown better? I we serious? If any other qb makes this throw yall are drooling over it

yes, nice pocket no need to rush the throw.. throws away and low to Aiyuk.

hit Aiyuk in the hands even while very low to the ground.. should have been caught. with aiuks range, not sure if another receiver gets a chance on the ball like that
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 22, 2022 at 5:09 PM ]

I agree. That was a good throw. Did you see the other 3 that were way underthrown? Luckily the DB didn't get their head turned around on two of those and they ended up being DPI's. I hope he does continue to push the ball down field. If we are to win a SB this year, he is going to have to prove he can make defenses pay for crowding the LOS.
Originally posted by random49er:
Critical Reading:

Here is the current list give or take...

And then Jimmy comes in @ about 46 wins.

Where were starts mentioned by me or the OP and what does it have to do with my point?

Even in giving Jimmy the benefit of the doubt (for the homers here) he's NOWHERE CLOSE to the top of any WINNINGEST list.

Is that registering yet or no??

Again I understand he's not at the to of the list. That was never my argument.

Enjoy your night sir. Keep your head up. There are better days ahead for you.
Originally posted by krizay:
Critical Reading:

Here is the current list give or take...

And then Jimmy comes in @ about 46 wins.

Where were starts mentioned by me or the OP and what does it have to do with my point?

Even in giving Jimmy the benefit of the doubt (for the homers here) he's NOWHERE CLOSE to the top of any WINNINGEST list.

Is that registering yet or no??

Again I understand he's not at the to of the list. That was never my argument.

Your argument is that he is even lower and further from the top of the current list. Thanks.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 22, 2022 at 5:16 PM ]
33 + 14 = 47. QB's don't get credited for the win or the loss for games they didn't start.

You're falling for a bait and switch.

People like to argue things that were never said.

But as far as "given credit for",....I'd give plenty of credit for our last game that Jimmy won,...even if he didn't start it.

So this is a side topic we can argue for days about but does it somehow increase his "Winningest QB" status,...which was the lie I rejected?

He's nowhere close and krazy is further enhancing my point.

I don't disagree with you. I was simply providing an explanation for the discrepancy. I also am not saying that Jimmy doesn't deserve credit for the win this past Sunday. Again, I was simply providing an explanation for the discrepancy on NFL stats sites. That part was not an opinion. It was a fact.
Thrown better? It was right where it needed to be and our WR let it slip through his hands. It was a very good throw. This is the kind of garbage that trolls use.
Originally posted by eastie:
Thrown better? It was right where it needed to be and our WR let it slip through his hands. It was a very good throw. This is the kind of garbage that trolls use.

The ball should have been caught. That drop was 100% on Aiyuk.
Originally posted by krizay:
The top of the site you just linked me to says 64 career games.

You going to continue this?

You just had a brainfart. Get over it man.

His record is in the photo you posted.

I think random brain sharted!
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
In all seriousness, having Jimmy Garoppolo back as the starter is so surreal, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff watching this league and I thought Ive seen it all, but this might take the cake

haha, agreed. really thought we'd get a full season of lance man

This thread is too much. When someone, regardless of sport, is described as the Most Winningest ___ of all time, they are talking about total wins, not percentage.Michael Phelps is the winningest swimmer in Olympic history. The guy who won 2 gold medals in 2 tries isnt the winningest because he won 100% of his championship races, Phelps is.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 22, 2022 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
In all seriousness, having Jimmy Garoppolo back as the starter is so surreal, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff watching this league and I thought Ive seen it all, but this might take the cake

Me too. I was hoping to see him take a leap as a passer. All well. At least the season isn't lost. We have a lot to be excited about.
33 + 14 = 47. QB's don't get credited for the win or the loss for games they didn't start.

You're falling for a bait and switch.

People like to argue things that were never said.

But as far as "given credit for",....I'd give plenty of credit for our last game that Jimmy won,...even if he didn't start it.

So this is a side topic we can argue for days about but does it somehow increase his "Winningest QB" status,...which was the lie I rejected?

He's nowhere close and krazy is further enhancing my point.

I don't disagree with you. I was simply providing an explanation for the discrepancy. I also am not saying that Jimmy doesn't deserve credit for the win this past Sunday. Again, I was simply providing an explanation for the discrepancy on NFL stats sites. That part was not an opinion. It was a fact.

just let him have his tangent.
Originally posted by eastie:
It should have been at the shoulder to the outside, not short at his feet
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Me too. I was hoping to see him take a leap as a passer. All well. At least the season isn't lost. We have a lot to be excited about.

yeah, this season isn't lost, just another year with his development is.
Share 49ersWebzone