There are 228 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
In all seriousness, having Jimmy Garoppolo back as the starter is so surreal, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff watching this league and I thought Ive seen it all, but this might take the cake

haha, agreed. really thought we'd get a full season of lance man

Me too. I was hoping to see him take a leap as a passer. All well. At least the season isn't lost. We have a lot to be excited about.

yeah, this season isn't lost, just another year with his development is.

s**t happens and things could be worse.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by random49er:
The top of the site you just linked me to says 64 career games.

You going to continue this?

You just had a brainfart. Get over it man.

His record is in the photo you posted.

I think random brain sharted!

random - brain

Two words I never thought I'd see.
33 + 14 = 47. QB's don't get credited for the win or the loss for games they didn't start.

You're falling for a bait and switch.

People like to argue things that were never said.

But as far as "given credit for",....I'd give plenty of credit for our last game that Jimmy won,...even if he didn't start it.

So this is a side topic we can argue for days about but does it somehow increase his "Winningest QB" status,...which was the lie I rejected?

He's nowhere close and krazy is further enhancing my point.

I don't disagree with you. I was simply providing an explanation for the discrepancy. I also am not saying that Jimmy doesn't deserve credit for the win this past Sunday. Again, I was simply providing an explanation for the discrepancy on NFL stats sites. That part was not an opinion. It was a fact.

just let him have his RANDOM tangent.

FTFY
In all seriousness, having Jimmy Garoppolo back as the starter is so surreal, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff watching this league and I thought Ive seen it all, but this might take the cake

Me too. I was hoping to see him take a leap as a passer. All well. At least the season isn't lost. We have a lot to be excited about.

You're full of facts today.

At least we can get back to talking PP again.
just let him have his tangent.

Tangent? I directly replied to a false post....

Originally posted by BangBang49er:

How many times has he been blown out? There's more to the game than passing 30 times. It's an absolutely meaningless stat. He's one of the winningest QB's in the entire NFL

Factual Response: No he's not. Not even close.

Wouldn't a tangent be,....oh I dunno,...debating about games played vs. games won as a starter when no one brought it up??

I mean that's kinda the definition of the word "tangent."

But yes,...let me have what's true. What else you gonna do if a few of us here are preventing some from making up their own truths?

Look forward to dispelling many more lies people will tell here about our guy.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 22, 2022 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We almost had "that guy" in Kirk Cousins. LOL

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

Did you not see the deep out to Aiyuk that should've been caught.

They must not have seen his presser today

What did he say today?

Edit. More evidence.
JG Translation: Free Jimmy, Kyle.

Garoppolo threw for 154 yards and one touchdown against the Seahawks and came out throwing the ball with frequency despite being away from the team for months. Could the remainder of the season bring more of the same? He certainly seems to hope so. Garoppolo mentioned after the game that the aggressive approach reminded him of his first months with the 49ers in 2017 when he was firing the ball all over the field while learning head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense on the fly, something he talked about once again during his media session on Thursday.

"I love that," Garoppolo said. "Yeah. It's just there's a lot of things that go with that obviously. But yeah, I love doing that stuff. In '17, there was a freedom where me, the receivers, the tight ends, we had a good chemistry going. When you get that with offensive skills in a quarterback, it makes for a tough offense."

Could there be more of that to come? Perhaps we'll start to find out Sunday night.

"I think we'll see that as we go forward. I don't know," Garoppolo said. "The more freedom you have as a quarterback, obviously, you play better, you're more confident, and good things will happen."
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 22, 2022 at 5:50 PM ]

How many times has he been blown out? There's more to the game than passing 30 times. It's an absolutely meaningless stat. He's one of the winningest QB's in the entire NFL

Wouldn't a tangent be,....oh I dunno,...debating about games played vs. games won as a starter when no one brought it up??

I guess you're saying he never started for the Patriots? Or was this just a brainfart?
Originally posted by krizay:

I guess you're saying he never started for the Patriots? Or was this just a brainfart?

You realize this is a question given to you right?

Still lost on your point aside from enhancing mine (he's nowhere close to the top).

But yes,...let me have what's true. What else you gonna do if a few of us here are preventing some from making up their own truths?

I meant as in winning percentage wise and that is a fact.

Winningest refers to total,...not percent.

just reminding you

was referring to your tangential response to this post

33 + 14 = 47. QB's don't get credited for the win or the loss for games they didn't start.
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Sep 22, 2022 at 5:52 PM ]
was referring to your tangential response to this post

Since we're going off on more tangents,....back to the initial post/denial: Jimmy's nowhere close to being one of the winningest QBs,....whether we're talking currently or historically.

Winningest refers to total,...not percent.

Lol how petty as usual. It's clear what i meant.
Share 49ersWebzone