There are 247 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
2017 Jimmy was winging it. He didn't even know the playbook.

Just the start of 2018 before the acl you could see Jimmy as a different player.

7 TDs, 5 INTs over 5 games?

If anything, that 1.4 TD/INT ratio after 5 games is arguing on Shanahan's behalf.

Its always looked to me the injury ruined him. He looks scared since.

Sure as s**t didn't look scared last Sunday.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Just the start of 2018 before the acl you could see Jimmy as a different player.

If anything, that 1.4 TD/INT ratio after 5 games is arguing on Shanahan's behalf.

Its always looked to me the injury ruined him. He looks scared since.

Sure as s**t didn't look scared last Sunday.

I agree. That was playing for a contract Jimmy. Hope we see more of that.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Mitchell looks better, might be why Pitt passed on JG

It helps Pitt is averaging 5.5 yards per carry on the ground. Brissett isn't looking bad either but CLE is averaging 6.1 ypc.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Mitchell looks better, might be why Pitt passed on JG

It helps Pitt is averaging 5.5 yards per carry on the ground. Brissett isn't looking bad either but CLE is averaging 6.1 ypc.

Neither place made any sense for Jimmy.

What's that,...22 TDs extrapolated over a full 16 games? Sounds like same exact guy we've seen here after that year.

You can't tell me its the same guy.

Goodwin and Taylor are the wrs. Jaguars I believe had a top 5 secondary.

What's that,...22 TDs extrapolated over a full 16 games? Sounds like same exact guy we've seen here after that year.

He still didn't throw deep or to the sidelines more than he does now
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 22, 2022 at 7:04 PM ]

He looks EXACTLY the same as he does now
Originally posted by krizay:
The same thing Jimmy had to do with Moseley letting Tyreek Hill run free and catch a punt. And same thing Jimmy had to do with Tartt not catching a punt

What about missing Emmanuel Sanders? I bet Rodgers hits that throw.
[ Edited by Garce on Sep 23, 2022 at 8:23 AM ]
He still didn't throw deep or to the sidelines more than he does now

Why I asked for specific example of playcalling. Won't argue Jimmy played looser back then but to put that all on Shanny is ridiculous.

Shanahan is not limiting Jimmy.
"Mitchell" is absolute garbage. Whoever was slobbering all over him earlier should be extremely embarrassed. How can anyone take you seriously anymore? Holy hell dude.

Anyways I agree with Tony Gonzalez that he needs to be benched.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 22, 2022 at 8:00 PM ]

Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Personally I think there's a middle ground. Jimmy is more conservative by nature and has a understanding that he can be successful without the deep ball. I also think that Shanny has a system and script thar he wants ran depending on the defense and presnap.

Regardless both Jimmy and Shanny has proven they can win games without it.

Agree with a lot of this.

A healthy Jimmy with Shanahan have shown a lot of success together. Hoping to see them and this team build on last Sunday's win.
Jimmy's right. Our receiver room is Bonkers. Could easily be number one in the league. You can't have that much whoop ass and continue to dog the Run. Shanny has to change his Focus. Throw Jimmy throw. Cuz the league is catching up to Oz and we don't have the horses to run it anyway this year. Giving away mostert and hasty. Throw Jimmy throw
Stop romanticizing 2017.

In those 5 games Jimmy threw 7 TD/ 5 int with a lot of almost ints.
22 TD/16 int through 16 games and that´s not very impressive at all. In fact that´s what Jimmy has been all this time.

Mitchell Trubisky
TJ Yates
Marcus Mariota
Blake Bortless
Sean Mannion

Those are the QB´s that our D faced in those 5 games and we won 2 games thanks to Gould.

"But but but Kyle has been handcuffing Jimmy since 2018"

So.....was Kyle handcuffing Matt Ryan in 2016?

Jimmy plays like garbage 90% of the time because he is garbage and in playofffs he is even more garbage. That´s why no one wanted to trade for him.

This season is gonna be exactly like the last seasons: the defense is going to carry the team to the playoffs and the day that the defense has a bad day the season will be over.

Jimmy wants to play like 2017 only because he didn´t have to think that much in those 5 games. As simple as that.

Oh and his arm is weaker than last year and you all will see it this sunday.
[ Edited by Monsterniner on Sep 22, 2022 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Stop romanticizing 2017.

In those 5 games Jimmy threw 7 TD/ 5 int with a lot of almost ints.
22 TD/16 int through 16 games and that´s not very impressive at all. In fact that´s what Jimmy has been all this time.

Mitchell Trubisky
TJ Yates
Marcus Mariota
Blake Bortless
Sean Mannion

Those are the QB´s that our D faced in those 5 games and we won 2 games thanks to Gould.

"But but but Kyle has been handcuffing Jimmy since 2018"

So.....was Kyle handcuffing Matt Ryan in 2016?

Jimmy plays like garbage 90% of the time because he is garbage and in playofffs he is even more garbage. That´s why no one wanted to trade for him.

This season is gonna be exactly like the last seasons: the defense is going to carry the team to the playoffs and the day that the defense has a bad day the season will be over.

Jimmy wants to play like 2017 only because he didn´t have to think that much in those 5 games. As simple as that.

Oh and his arm is weaker than last year and you all will see it this sunday.

Trey fans: f**k you Shanahan. Your s**t calls are killing trey. It's all your fault.

Also trey fans: Jimmy f**king sucks. It's not Kyle's fault he sucks.

I hate cohn, but he brings up something I've arguing since the superbowl. Shanahan is a control freak and refuses to allow the team play to its strength. They don't have fun either.

He should take some lessons from mcdaniel.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

He looks EXACTLY the same as he does now

Staley. Buckner. A Kittle that actually played... the feels!

Jimmy does look totally studly in this game, that 4th quarter scamper left side arm TD to Trent Taylor is Mahomes-esque.
Share 49ersWebzone