There are 553 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
Dam folks must be in here working on their MBA's with these long ass posts

Here's my thesis/shameless plug which confirms Jimmy is a damn good QB and explains why he "just wins."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/196068-new-homegrown-rating-metric-jimmy-controversially-ranks-12th/
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Jimmy's right. Our receiver room is Bonkers. Could easily be number one in the league. You can't have that much whoop ass and continue to dog the Run. Shanny has to change his Focus. Throw Jimmy throw. Cuz the league is catching up to Oz and we don't have the horses to run it anyway this year. Giving away mostert and hasty. Throw Jimmy throw

You honestly trust Jimmy to go full out spread and throw the ball 30 plus times without making those damn boneheaded throws? I'll believe that s**t when I see it, add the fact no way in hell Kyle is all of a sudden going to change his beliefs in running the ball which isn't bad at all and keeps those teams with elite qbs and explosive offenses off the field as well tires the d. It's the lack of aggressiveness and or lack of trust of the qb is my issue
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Jimmy has fewer "limitations" than people think. He is not some weak armed Chad Pennington. He has the arm to be elite.

This is right on the money. Anyone who says Jimmy is "just an average NFL QB" tells me all I need to know about their NFL QB knowledge.

He's missing a couple a couple of important things (better deep accuracy, better post-snap vision, more aggressiveness down the field and outside), but posters here are claiming he worked on his deep accuracy this offa-season and had nothing to lose, so maybe he'll solve some of these issues. He's certainly elite at the process from see to throw, not just the arm release speed.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Trey fans: f**k you Shanahan. Your s**t calls are killing trey. It's all your fault.

Also trey fans: Jimmy f**king sucks. It's not Kyle's fault he sucks.

I hate cohn, but he brings up something I've arguing since the superbowl. Shanahan is a control freak and refuses to allow the team play to its strength. They don't have fun either.

He should take some lessons from mcdaniel.

Yah this team just comes off as so miserable every year.

What's the teams strength? Letting Jimmy call his own plays?

At this rate by Saturday Shanny will be at fault for Jimmy not making the HOF.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 22, 2022 at 10:05 PM ]
He's missing a couple a couple of important things (better deep accuracy, better post-snap vision, more aggressiveness down the field and outside), but posters here are claiming he worked on his deep accuracy this offa-season and had nothing to lose, so maybe he'll solve some of these issues. He's certainly elite at the process from see to throw, not just the arm release speed.

His pocket presence is generally very poor too. Didn't take those lessons from Brady with him.

what a very happy looking guy
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Happy to get his starting job back, be in the spotlight again, earn more money in incentives, be the starting QB of a SB roster, wouldn't you be too?

LAST CHANCE JIMMY, MAKE IT WORTH WHILE.. and hope your luck doesn't run out again at the end.. and try not to make mistakes.. Like Bosa said 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Sep 22, 2022 at 10:59 PM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:
In the SAME GAME we've seen a new QB come in and attack more down the field (see when C.J. Beathard came in in 2020).

It is not Shanahan's scheme.

This is astounding to me. We can all get access to the All 22. We can see there are down the field routes called. Are you trying to tell me that Shanahan is telling his QBs to not throw to the open man if he is down field?

About the only possible reason beyond QB reads/preferences anyone could even attempt to argue os to claim that Shanahan doesn't trust Garoppolo's deep ball, but that is belied by the All 22 in which deep routes are called. As Shanahan uses progressions, it would be quite the stretch to claim Shanahan tells Jimmy to ignore the open man.

Is that what he has done in the past?

By the way, you'll note that I have pointed out repeatedly that Jimmy was tenth in the NFL last year in completed air yards per completion. It is in fact somewhat of a myth that the 49ers are only a rink and dunk offense.

No, IL not saying deep routes aren't called or that Kyle isn't telling Him to throw to the open man.

When it comes to the shanny quite you referenced earlier, if I remember right from that presser he said, "sure you'd always love for them to see the open guy for a bigger play but at the same time he went to his first read and it was open. I'm not gonna get on a guy for taking thr 1st read when it's open cause that's what we want and expect from our quarterbacks"

But when it comes to a lot of our deep sideline routes, theyre mostly alerts. That's just how it is. That's not me making up my opinion, that's what's in the playbook. That means the QB shouldn't be hanging on to those routes over going through his progressions.

Most of our deep routes that are in progressions are down the middle. You talk about the All-22, it's not like you're seeing time and again guys running wild behind the safeties down the middle. Believe me, if that were true guys like Jessie Naylor would be flooding Twitter with it.

As per the same game, ok, I don't care if it's the same game if it's a different coverage. Coverage dictates the throw, not that it was in the same game.

I was referring to this quote:

"There's a progression of where you look and where you go with your eyes and that's where the ball should go based off the coverage, based off of where you're looking. So everyone has a pretty good idea of that and sometimes guys progress too fast. Sometimes they see the coverage wrong. Quarterbacks never want to apologize for a completion, which you don't want to get too hard on, but when you should be looking in a different spot and that was the bigger play, then you correct that."

This was, if I recall correctly, when he passed up a deeper pass over the middle.
Originally posted by picklejuice:

He throws touchdowns and wins games.

Originally posted by Garce:
What does Jimmy have to do to prove he's more than a game manager for you guys?

He hasn't proven to be a game manager because he throws too many picks.

What he's proven to be to me is a quality executer of the offense, throwing on time nearly every time. He's damn good at that.

If he wants to be a Super Bowl winning QB, though, IMHO he needs to make his interceptions happen down the field more often instead of between the hashes 12 yards down the field or on the sidelines. Because a higher percentage of his INTs down the field also means more PIs in our favor and more deep completions, which means better run offense as well. And also they function more like a punt.

So yeah, take a few more down the field chances and throw the ball to linebackers and strong safeties less.

Originally posted by dioworld:
Jimmy hater should just gave up watching 9ers this year and come back next year for Trey. If you guys hate him so much just stop watching while he's the starting QB .
yes, he suck and won't make no playoff, so just stop watching this year and come back next year

Speaking for those who agree with me, we don't "hate" Jimmy. We "hate" you. As in the ridiculous dumb crap people say which belittles the rest of the team to prop up their favorite player, disparaging last year's REALLY GOOD offensive line, to our WRs, to Trey (whole lot of ASSumptions based on a whole lot of nothing), or Shanahan, and so on.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We almost had "that guy" in Kirk Cousins. LOL

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

Did you not see the deep out to Aiyuk that should've been caught.

They must not have seen his presser today
He didn't mention coaching when discussing this "freedom." The only specific thing he mentioned was chemistry.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We almost had "that guy" in Kirk Cousins. LOL

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

Did you not see the deep out to Aiyuk that should've been caught.

In his presser when asked about it, he mentioned chemistry specifically. It has been suggested that last year he never developed chemistry with Aiyuk, and often times he was the more intermediate or deep guy. But the deep throw to Aiyuk suggests if that was true, it isn't true anymore. So perhaps we will in fact see Jimmy throw the ball down the field more this season.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by random49er:
The top of the site you just linked me to says 64 career games.

You going to continue this?

You just had a brainfart. Get over it man.

His record is in the photo you posted.

I think random brain sharted!

random - brain

Two words I never thought I'd see.

I was forced to report this because I got temp banned for doing something similar, complete with emoji and all, and am still salty about it. I am sorry you are the collateral damage. Your gold text should protect you though.
Originally posted by dioworld:
Jimmy hater should just gave up watching 9ers this year and come back next year for Trey. If you guys hate him so much just stop watching while he's the starting QB .
yes, he suck and won't make no playoff, so just stop watching this year and come back next year

Speaking for those who agree with me, we don't "hate" Jimmy. We "hate" you. As in the ridiculous dumb crap people say which belittles the rest of the team to prop up their favorite player, disparaging last year's REALLY GOOD offensive line, to our WRs, to Trey (whole lot of ASSumptions based on a whole lot of nothing), or Shanahan, and so on.

Share 49ersWebzone