There are 403 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Ivery said it before and I'll say ot again. Jimmy was a different qb when he got here.

Shanahan ruined him. Lance is on his way.

I dunno. I think a number of former Patriot players see things differently than you do...

"I mean, I don't know we're all football players here," Edelman said about Garoppolo's injury, transcribed by NESN. "So we go into Week 4 and Jimmy was practicing and then decided not to play. Jacoby played with no ligaments in his thumb, which you can't do that as a quarterback.

"A lot of guys got mad at it. I'm not going to lie, I got mad about it," Edelman continued. "I sacrificed my body all day long. I was taking shots for this, numbing up that, ribs, broken ribs, shoulders, Grade 3 hanging on by limbs just to play. I can understand why Marty (Bennett) thinks like that."

Hard to fault a guy looking out for himself in a game like this but Jimmy gonna Jimmy.

That was about money. He has already been paid. It's not really about money for him anymore.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
well he's gotta let his play on the field dictate that then and back up his words.

He hasn't been held back from making plays like a guy seeking a new contract would of course suggest.

I cut up and posted a clip of just 1 example of many that's the same ole, same ole,....when it comes to keeping his eyes down the field and pushing it there. The guy is open right there in front of him for the 1st and change but he routinely keeps his eyes on his outlet at the slightest sense of pressure.

So these imaginary reins of "captivity",....don't hold your breath on it. It's nothing more than contract posturing and wanting to increase his standing.

Now if he proves he has actually improved at being able to do so, however, then good for us.

you are most definitely entitled to your opinion.

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
thank you for clarifying what you meant to say!

Lol yes. TreyDey/Rack really is a stand-up poster. I certainly see the connection here.

I'm replying to BangBang49er. who are you talking about?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

what a very happy looking guy

He throws touchdowns and wins games.

I am just happy he is back because all the Jimmy haters and crystal ball readers were wrong and must be burning!
I am happy he is back because this season would be another 2018 or 2020 disaster if he didn't.
Hopefully Kyle stops holding him back
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Jimmy's right. Our receiver room is Bonkers. Could easily be number one in the league. You can't have that much whoop ass and continue to dog the Run. Shanny has to change his Focus. Throw Jimmy throw. Cuz the league is catching up to Oz and we don't have the horses to run it anyway this year. Giving away mostert and hasty. Throw Jimmy throw

You honestly trust Jimmy to go full out spread and throw the ball 30 plus times without making those damn boneheaded throws? I'll believe that s**t when I see it, add the fact no way in hell Kyle is all of a sudden going to change his beliefs in running the ball which isn't bad at all and keeps those teams with elite qbs and explosive offenses off the field as well tires the d. It's the lack of aggressiveness and or lack of trust of the qb is my issue

Jimmy arm better. Wwe have 2 roadrunners who can catch the ball. Once teams start with two safety drop we light up the intermediate crossers.. Yea. We throw. Jimmy getting better at fumbles. Two pics every 3 games = nfc championship again.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Hope shanny done with his qb power fetish.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Hope shanny done with his qb power fetish.

We'll still see plays like that when Lance comes back.

I think what he's learned is to not be so predictable with it right up the gut of the defense. I mean his momentum doesnt even have a head start like a RB does on runs of that nature.

I understand what he wants up the middle but if Lance is fast enough to get outside, I expect to see Shanny use his legs alot more on the outside.
I understand the disappointment over Lance's injury but I see QBs run into the middle of the line every week on short yardage situations. QB sneaks are common. The chance of getting injured is just as great for them as it was for Lance on the play he got hurt.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We almost had "that guy" in Kirk Cousins. LOL

Jimmy may have thrived in a spread offense in college but I find it hard to believe he would find extensive success if he ran one in the NFL. Again, he would be limited because of his ability to push the ball down field when neccessary. Same thing with Alex Smith. He ran alot of spread in KC with Andy Reid but when teams forced him to go vertical at a high rate, they would lose. That was the main reason why they drafted Pat Mahomes. I honestly believe that Jimmy is in an offense that best fits his skillset. But when the rushing attack isn't on its game, Jimmy has shown to be less affective and his record reflects that. Now, should Kyle go spread more often when the run game isn't working? That is a real question to ponder.

You guys with your "JiMMy cAn'T pUsH tEh bAlL dOWnTHe FIeLd" nonsense is ridiculous, and false.

Did you not see the deep out to Aiyuk that should've been caught.

They must not have seen his presser today

What did he say today?

Edit. More evidence.
JG Translation: Free Jimmy, Kyle.

Garoppolo threw for 154 yards and one touchdown against the Seahawks and came out throwing the ball with frequency despite being away from the team for months. Could the remainder of the season bring more of the same? He certainly seems to hope so. Garoppolo mentioned after the game that the aggressive approach reminded him of his first months with the 49ers in 2017 when he was firing the ball all over the field while learning head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense on the fly, something he talked about once again during his media session on Thursday.

"I love that," Garoppolo said. "Yeah. It's just there's a lot of things that go with that obviously. But yeah, I love doing that stuff. In '17, there was a freedom where me, the receivers, the tight ends, we had a good chemistry going. When you get that with offensive skills in a quarterback, it makes for a tough offense."

Could there be more of that to come? Perhaps we'll start to find out Sunday night.

"I think we'll see that as we go forward. I don't know," Garoppolo said. "The more freedom you have as a quarterback, obviously, you play better, you're more confident, and good things will happen."

Kyle's retort to Jimmy's comments about being more free to make plays. From Bonilla on the HP.

Kyle Shanahan joined KNBR on Friday morning and had an opportunity to respond to the comments. Would the head coach be more willing to "wing it" more with Garoppolo than he did in 2019 and 2021?

"Yeah, I'm not even sure what that question or those statements mean, but we're always the same," Shanahan responded on the Murph & Mac show. "We try to do what we think gives us the best chance to succeed. That has to do with our skill set and what we're going against. There's no such thing as, 'Hey, I feel like winging it this year. I feel like going deep this year. I feel like going short this year. I feel like running the ball this year.' It doesn't work that way.

"It works with, what's your personnel? What are you going against? And what do you think gives you the best chance to win on Sunday? And that's really how we look at everything."

Shanahan was asked if there was a difference in 2017 when Garoppolo seemed to be throwing the football more.

"Yeah, we were a real bad team," he answered. "We weren't nearly as balanced. He came in and took over a 1-9 team. And I think what he meant—I don't want to make assumptions like you guys are—but if I have to, I would guess what he meant is he was going in there, and he was personally winging it a lot more. He was new to the offense.

"We were going in and just trying to—I guess we threw it more when he came in at that time. I'm not really sure. But the stats and stuff, look at how efficient we were in '19. Look at us throwing the ball. Look at us last year. I mean, we averaged more yards gained on every pass play we did. So, at the end of it, where they land and where they get tackled, we actually are getting deeper than anybody when it comes to completions. That's something you never feel bad about.

"You can air it out down the field all day, but at the end of the day, when you average less yards per pass than we do, I don't feel that's as successful. Our goal is to try to be efficient, try to be successful, and that doesn't mean throwing it short. That means doing what you think you're good at and what the defense is giving to you. And that changes quarter to quarter, week to week, year to year."
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Everyone's reaction to your lame countdown
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Everyone's reaction to your lame countdown

Garoppolo's YPA of 7.3 currently puts him tied with Aaron Rodgers for 8th highest in the league. Yes, it's a small sample but it would have been even higher if BA held that one 40-yarder.

So there is that...
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I am happy he is back because this season would be another 2018 or 2020 disaster if he didn't.

Without the high 1st round pick to compensatory prize !
Share 49ersWebzone