There are 277 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Using common sense, those other stats make sense. Just that one stood out as very odd. 3.40s is a very long time esp. behind our OL. Anything close to 3.0 is almost always a scrambling QB buying extra time. That ain't Jimmy. LOL. He couldn't buy 1 full second if he tried.

Common sense tells me that a qb who is more decisive making his reads will get the ball out quicker, thus alleviating getting pressured.

Or as it's sometimes known, transcending the O line.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
That is what pff says. That is his average while under pressure in the playoffs. Not average from all drop backs.

What does PFF know. Only thing you can trust from them is pressure rate and Tashaun Gibson rating.

So the only thing we can trust is what each individual decides to cherry pick?

Now you're getting it

Show one clip of JG holding the ball for 3.40s then...while under pressure. Let alone 33 of them to average 3.40s. That makes zero sense.

Lol you are being ridiculous. And don't ever tout a pressure rate on this site ever again

So you can't. What else is new.

lol You're the one questioning it because it doesn't fit your narrative: . You go find it and stop relying on YAC to do your legwork like I said. Don't ever reference pressure rate again
Jimmy had 33 dropbacks under pressure in the playoffs. Which was 41.3% of all of his drop backs in the playoffs. He went 12 of 27 for 112, 0 td's, 3 int's, 0 BTT's, 4 TWP's, 6.0 ADOT, 2 drops, 3 BAT's, 4 sacks, 2 scrambles, 3.40 TTT, 8 first downs, and a 16.8 passer rating.

That's the one to question.

Lets not cherry pick what fits the individuals narrative. If you have another source that conflicts with Jimmy's TTT under pressure in the playoffs, I am all for it.

Who's cherry picking? I simply said THAT stat doesn't add up. Not you reporting it.

You said that is the one stat to question. To me, that means that all other stats are fine in your opinion except the one that makes your argument about our pass pro in the playoffs invalid.

Using common sense, those other stats make sense. Just that one stood out as very odd. 3.40s is a very long time esp. behind our OL. Anything close to 3.0 is almost always a scrambling QB buying extra time. That ain't Jimmy. LOL. He couldn't buy 1 full second if he tried.

That sounds like more of an opinion than fact. If you have proof to the contrary, I'm all ears.

It would be simple to disprove. Find one set where Jimmy held the ball for 3.40s under pressure. If you can't find one, something is off with that stat. If you can find 33 of them, I'll gladly retract on questioning it. But I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say something is off with that one.

Do you think it's accurate? What were the other playoff QB's? Maybe they use a different operational definition from their regular season metric?
Jimmy had 33 dropbacks under pressure in the playoffs. Which was 41.3% of all of his drop backs in the playoffs. He went 12 of 27 for 112, 0 td's, 3 int's, 0 BTT's, 4 TWP's, 6.0 ADOT, 2 drops, 3 BAT's, 4 sacks, 2 scrambles, 3.40 TTT, 8 first downs, and a 16.8 passer rating.

Lets not cherry pick what fits the individuals narrative. If you have another source that conflicts with Jimmy's TTT under pressure in the playoffs, I am all for it.

Who's cherry picking? I simply said THAT stat doesn't add up. Not you reporting it.

You said that is the one stat to question. To me, that means that all other stats are fine in your opinion except the one that makes your argument about our pass pro in the playoffs invalid.

That sounds like more of an opinion than fact. If you have proof to the contrary, I'm all ears.

It would be simple to disprove. Find one set where Jimmy held the ball for 3.40s under pressure. If you can't find one, something is off with that stat. If you can find 33 of them, I'll gladly retract on questioning it. But I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say something is off with that one.

Do you think it's accurate? What were the other playoff QB's? Maybe they use a different operational definition from their regular season metric?

I just posted it. ^^
That is what pff says. That is his average while under pressure in the playoffs. Not average from all drop backs.

What does PFF know. Only thing you can trust from them is pressure rate and Tashaun Gibson rating.

Now you're getting it

Show one clip of JG holding the ball for 3.40s then...while under pressure. Let alone 33 of them to average 3.40s. That makes zero sense.

Lol you are being ridiculous. And don't ever tout a pressure rate on this site ever again

lol You're the one questioning it because it doesn't fit your narrative: . You go find it and stop relying on YAC to do your legwork like I said. Don't ever reference pressure rate again

You're more random than random here. One has nothing to do with the other. Are you going to talk about hits and sacks now too?

Its not up to me to find the proof. Its on you since you are the one questioning the info provided.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Now you're getting it

Give us a reputable source that proves otherwise.

It doesn't even add up with their own stats when 3.26 was the longest TTT of any QB all year.

If this was the case, it would be easy to review the games and see this. Just one of these.

GOOD GOD YOU GUYS MADE ME DO THIS... advert your eyes Mayo.

You just ruined multiple people day lol

Now you're getting it

It doesn't even add up with their own stats when 3.26 was the longest TTT of any QB all year.

If this was the case, it would be easy to review the games and see this. Just one of these.

I use a sundial to time things and if my calculations are correct that was over 3.4 seconds
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Now you're getting it

i think NCs day more tho

Now you're getting it

Are those stats for all year include the playoffs or just the regular season?

Also, I can take a snapshot of the stat chart if my integrity is being questioned.

That was for the entire 2022 regular season. TT is managed by nextgenstats. Maybe PFF is using a different operational definition?

Bro, I said several times I'm not questioning YOU at all or your integrity. You're simply posting what you see.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 23, 2022 at 11:42 AM ]

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Now you're getting it

Haha. That would certainly be one and that certainly ups the overall average. Now you need 32 more to average 3.40 TT.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 23, 2022 at 11:46 AM ]

Now you're getting it

Are those stats for all year include the playoffs or just the regular season?

Also, I can take a snapshot of the stat chart if my integrity is being questioned.

That was for the entire 2022 regular season. TT is managed by nextgenstats. Maybe PFF is using a different operational definition?

Bro, I said several times I'm not questioning YOU at all or your integrity. You're simply posting what you see.

That wasn't exclusive to you. It was more in general to the entire board.

You said that was for the entire 2022 regular season. That doesn't have anything to do with the 2021 playoffs.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 23, 2022 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Now you're getting it

I use a sundial to time things and if my calculations are correct that was over 3.4 seconds

Can your sundial tell us how many seconds that was? Let me know and I'll send you my fax number.

Now you're getting it

You're more random than random here. One has nothing to do with the other. Are you going to talk about hits and sacks now too?

Lol No clue what you are talking about, but please keep spinning your wheels, it's highly entertaining

Its not up to me to find the proof. Its on you since you are the one questioning the info provided.

Fine. Here you go.

Wildcard Game.
Jimmy Garoppolo = 2.76
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2021/POST/19#yards

Division Championship.
Jimmy Garoppolo = 2.83
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2021/POST/20#yards

Division Championship.
Jimmy Garoppolo = 3.14
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2021/POST/21#yards

It's highly unlikely his 33 pressures averaged 3.40s using the nextgen TT definition.

Like I said, maybe PFF uses a different operational definition to get to that figure.
Share 49ersWebzone