LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
There's just no way...

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2021/POST/21#yards

Those are overall TTT's on all dropbacks. My chart separates them into categories. One of those categories pertaining specifically to dropbacks under pressure.

So exactly what was JImmy doing for nearly 4 seconds while being under pressure 41% of the time? These stats are tremendously flawed imo.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 23, 2022 at 4:35 PM ]
There's just no way...

Those are overall TTT's on all dropbacks. My chart separates them into categories. One of those categories pertaining specifically to dropbacks under pressure.

So exactly what was JImmy doing for nearly 4 seconds while being under pressure 41% of the time? These stats are tremendously flawed imo.

Holding the ball too damn long.
There's just no way...

While under pressure 41% of the time!? And only being sacked 0 times, 4 times, and 0 times?

Lol no. He's pressured 41% of the time, had nearly 4 seconds to throw the ball and was sacked 0 times in 2 of 3 games.

Just no.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 23, 2022 at 4:38 PM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
PR= pressure rate
KC= kept clean TTT
UP= under pressure TTT
NB= not blitzed TTT
WB= when blitzed TTT

Prescott the only QB with a higher pressure rate than Jimmy. Good thing our guys can run block.

Try to understand the relationship between TTT under pressure and pressure rate. The higher the TTT the more time the QB had to throw the ball before he was under pressure. Meaning the pressure came late. If the pressure was coming instantly, the TTT would be a hell of a lot lower like Tom Brady and big ben. Those two were not pressured at a high rate but when they were, they had little time to throw.

So Dak's PR is the highest because he holds the ball too long?
There's just no way...

While under pressure 41% of the time!? And only being sacked 0 times, 4 times, and 0 times?

Lol no.

No. He had an average of 3.4 seconds to throw before the pressure came.
There's just no way...

Lol no.

So you're telling me Mahomes had 4.9 seconds? Do you not understand how long that is?

Lol no.
There's just no way...

Lol no.

So you're telling me Mahomes had 4.9 seconds? Do you not understand how long that is?

Lol no.

But he was only under pressure 29.7% of his dropbacks. Plus Mahomes is known for extending plays with his legs. Look at all the mobile QB's in my chart. Jimmy is not mobile. So like I said yesterday, was he running around for his life on 41% of his dropbacks or was he holding the ball too long?
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 23, 2022 at 4:43 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm fired up for SNF

Me too! I think I originally had us going 1-3 to start (with Trey) but if we could get out to 2-1, game on!

I'm on the East Coast so I'm going to need you guys to keep me awake until the end! Zzzzzz

since every game NC goes to we win, I think we all should pool in money and make him go to all the games that are left including the playoffs. NC himself can bring the Lombardi back personally

You remembered! I didn't let you down last week. And I caught a Deebo pass in the stands (good omen).
PR= pressure rate
KC= kept clean TTT
UP= under pressure TTT
NB= not blitzed TTT
WB= when blitzed TTT

Great s**t. OK, stacked up with the others, that 3.40s makes a bit more sense in how they opererationalize it. Thanks so much for this YAC. You're a HOFer in my book!
PR= pressure rate
KC= kept clean TTT
UP= under pressure TTT
NB= not blitzed TTT
WB= when blitzed TTT

Great s**t. OK, stacked up with the others, that 3.40s makes a bit more sense in how they opererationalize it. Thanks so much for this YAC. You're a HOFer in my book!

Let's be real NC. You don't read books.

But he was only under pressure 29.7% of his dropbacks. Plus Mahomes is known for extending plays with his legs. Look at all the mobile QB's in my chart. Jimmy is not mobile. So like I said yesterday, was he running around for his life on 41% of his dropbacks or was he holding the ball too long?

I had a longer post, even using paragraphs, but didn't bother to post it. Just too long.

The issue I have is, perhaps, with the operational parameters being used. In the case of PM, he has 4.9 seconds in the under pressure category. How is that number determined? I know you have said mobile QBs are extending plays. Granted. In that case, when they are moving around, scrambling, what have you, is that not considered under pressure?

Sorry man. I have gone back a few pages, through what you and NC were saying, but I still find the way these terms are being used / defined to be, not flawed, per se, but lacking clarity maybe?
PR= pressure rate
KC= kept clean TTT
UP= under pressure TTT
NB= not blitzed TTT
WB= when blitzed TTT

Yw. Anytime, NC.
Originally posted by Polkadots:

I had a longer post, even using paragraphs, but didn't bother to post it. Just too long.

The issue I have is, perhaps, with the operational parameters being used. In the case of PM, he has 4.9 seconds in the under pressure category. How is that number determined? I know you have said mobile QBs are extending plays. Granted. In that case, when they are moving around, scrambling, what have you, is that not considered under pressure?

Sorry man. I have gone back a few pages, through what you and NC were saying, but I still find the way these terms are being used / defined to be, not flawed, per se, but lacking clarity maybe?

My guess is that is the amount of time they have before they either throw it or take a sack.
Why is Mahomes moving out of the pocket when he has 5 seconds before he has to throw?
And let me add something in a new post.

Are they determining the UP TTT by the total play time? In other words, is UP the total play time from start to pass thrown? Or do they start the UP clock once pressure arrives? In other words, prior to pressure the play is considered KC TTT, once pressure arrives UP, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone