Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
And if we look at the data, would it be fair to say, 60% of the time, JG had an average of 2.3 seconds to throw the ball (KC time)? But 40% of the time he had, what? Because I am not seeing where the cut is being made. Did JG have 3.4 seconds to throw before pressure arrived? Because that definition would be problematic for the PM 4.9 UP time, since the extension of the play due to his mobilty would be post the UP time cut off established for JG.

The latter part, having to do with UP, is where I wish there was a different stat. I think jd or thl asked for something a few pages back. Something that would define plays that result in a negative play as, "QB x had y time to throw, but due to a, b, or c, failed to, thus resulting in m, n, o." I know that's a lot of variables.

This is what he said. I'm not trying to obtuse but i'm not sure what he meant by this speaking UP.

"Jimmy had an average of 3.4 seconds to throw before the pressure came."

That's where i'm confused because there is no possible way. To think Mahomes had 5 seconds.

Top of post last page.

Yes. Jimmy had an average of 3.4 seconds before he had to throw it or take a sack.

I don't buy that Mahomes had 5 on slightly less than30% of his passes and i quote "before the pressure came" but I think were at a standstill here.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think your numbers are tremendously flawed.

Those are not my numbers and unless you can prove that those numbers are wrong, I couldn't care less.

I'm watching Mahomes playoff highlights right now counting in my head which isn't an end all. I don't see him getting 5 seconds "before the pressure came" but again, our minds are made up.

Cheers.

Well he scrambled 13 times in the 2021 playoffs so they must be on that highlight video somewhere.
Mahomes was notorius on buying extra time with his feet
Would you all like me to include scrambles on the chart?

Please--and thank you for your time.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
And if we look at the data, would it be fair to say, 60% of the time, JG had an average of 2.3 seconds to throw the ball (KC time)? But 40% of the time he had, what? Because I am not seeing where the cut is being made. Did JG have 3.4 seconds to throw before pressure arrived? Because that definition would be problematic for the PM 4.9 UP time, since the extension of the play due to his mobilty would be post the UP time cut off established for JG.

The latter part, having to do with UP, is where I wish there was a different stat. I think jd or thl asked for something a few pages back. Something that would define plays that result in a negative play as, "QB x had y time to throw, but due to a, b, or c, failed to, thus resulting in m, n, o." I know that's a lot of variables.

This is what he said. I'm not trying to obtuse but i'm not sure what he meant by this speaking UP.

"Jimmy had an average of 3.4 seconds to throw before the pressure came."

That's where i'm confused because there is no possible way. To think Mahomes had 5 seconds.

Top of post last page.

Yes. Jimmy had an average of 3.4 seconds before he had to throw it or take a sack.

I don't buy that Mahomes had 5 on slightly less than30% of his passes and i quote "before the pressure came" but I think were at a standstill here.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think your numbers are tremendously flawed.

Those are not my numbers and unless you can prove that those numbers are wrong, I couldn't care less.

I'm watching Mahomes playoff highlights right now counting in my head which isn't an end all. I don't see him getting 5 seconds "before the pressure came" but again, our minds are made up.

Cheers.

Well he scrambled 13 times in the 2021 playoffs so they must be on that highlight video somewhere.
Mahomes was notorius on buying extra time with his feet

Exactly. 4 of those scrambles were charted in the kept clean category and 9 were from the under pressure category.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 23, 2022 at 5:52 PM ]
Im feelin a zero zero game for jimmy.

Zero fumbles zero picks.

Would you all like me to include scrambles on the chart?

Please--and thank you for your time.

Since not all QB's played the same amount of games in the playoffs, the total amount of scrambles would not work since that stat is accumulative. So I will give the scrambles in a per snap percentage.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by JMC52:
2nd time Jimmy mentions weird things in SF, hope the coaches aren't touching him inappropriately

You try seeing that dude everyday and not touch him.

Lmao

Can't argue with that
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
2nd time Jimmy mentions weird things in SF, hope the coaches aren't touching him inappropriately

You try seeing that dude everyday and not touch him.

Lmao

Can't argue with that
i see why so many of you defend him

Thank you. Gotta be honest, I am surprised ARod's at zero, and Kyler's is close to JG's. Thought Kyler's would have been much higher, or JG's much lower (by comparison). Poor Carr--just getting whaled on like his brother.

Thank you. Gotta be honest, I am surprised ARod's at zero, and Kyler's is close to JG's. Thought Kyler's would have been much higher, or JG's much lower (by comparison). Poor Carr--just getting whaled on like his brother.

Aaron Rodgers had quite a bit if time in the pocket as I recall. He would sit and wait for the deeper stuff to get open and ignore the underneath routes. I have seen film breakdown that shows the same thing.

As far as Kyler Murray, I think the LA defense was forcing him to stay in the pocket most of the game.

Derek Carr was only under pressure on 22.4% of his dropbacks and when he was pressured, he still had over 3 seconds to throw.

Its undeniable how scrambling affects the TTT. The 3 that have the highest in scramble percentage just so happen to have the highest TTT's UP as well.

Aaron Rodgers had quite a bit if time in the pocket as I recall. He would sit and wait for the deeper stuff to get open and ignore the underneath routes. I have seen film breakdown that shows the same thing.

As far as Kyler Murray, I think the LA defense was forcing him to stay in the pocket most of the game.

Derek Carr was only under pressure on 22.4% of his dropbacks and when he was pressured, he still had over 3 seconds to throw.

Its undeniable how scrambling affects the TTT. The 3 that have the highest in scramble percentage just so happen to have the highest TTT's UP as well.

I don't watch the Raiders much. Not sure if Carr just lacks weapons, or fails to get rid of the ball. But 40 sacks last year, and on pace for 51 this year. Yikes.

I don't watch the Raiders much. Not sure if Carr just lacks weapons, or fails to get rid of the ball. But 40 sacks last year, and on pace for 51 this year. Yikes.

Well. I am not going to dig into the 2021 regular season. But I will say this. In the playoffs, Carr's O line gave him an average of at least 2.73 seconds of a clean pocket and 3.13 seconds to throw it on average. Also, he has Adams now. No more excuses.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 23, 2022 at 6:54 PM ]
You can dispute one stat sites data vs another. But when it comes to comparing one players data vs another on one specific site, you have to believe that they are consistent within their own operational definitions. So however you interpret it, Pat Mahomes had a significant amount of time to throw the ball while big Ben and Tom Brady did not. Also, we are not talking about how long the O line held up in pass pro per se. Only that the QB had an average of x amount of time before he had to throw the ball.

I feel like this has probably been asked and answered, but is there a specific stat that targets how long the OL held up, specifically? I feel like the KC stat should account for such a scenario, but perhaps not.

I think I found what you were looking for.

LOL.

Trying to post charts and how much time he holds it in the pocket. You guys are desperate.

Does he win? YES.

Does he win in the playoffs? YES.

Does he go deep in the playoffs? YES.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL.

Trying to post charts and how much time he holds it in the pocket. You guys are desperate.

Does he win? YES.

Does he win in the playoffs? YES.

Does he go deep in the playoffs? YES.

Tomorrow should be a fantastic test about the winning QB vs winning team theory. All Russell Wilson has done his entire life is beat the 49ers. Will that continue tomorrow? Or did he forget to bring the legion of boom with him to Denver?
Share 49ersWebzone