LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 290 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm just hoping our defense assaults Wilson soo much we don't need to see much from Jimmy.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I'm just hoping our defense assaults Wilson soo much we don't need to see much from Jimmy.

That is possible.

Dream come true
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This may be the healthiest Jimmy has been since his injury against Kansas City.

knee injuries take longer to fully heal than most people think. Look at QS who have had knee injuries, they may comeback the next season, but it is usually followed by a down season as a passer.

a weakens knee is a weakens throwing base.

his base was finally healed and his shoulder and hand were injured.

not sure is the shoulder surgery will hold him back, but he looks pretty good

*looked pretty good

we need to see how he does over the course of a couple of full games with that sample size instead.

but yeah, so far so good.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

knee injuries take longer to fully heal than most people think. Look at QS who have had knee injuries, they may comeback the next season, but it is usually followed by a down season as a passer.

*looked pretty good

we need to see how he does over the course of a couple of full games with that sample size instead.

Jimmy G throws touchdowns and wins games.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
On a positive note going forward, Maiocco said the offense looks like the 49ers offense again and that not one single pass hit the ground. They were on it!

Hopefully that transfers to Denver!

That's what happens when you put a functional, good QB back in. Instead of a pipe dream.

No doubt everyone is far more familiar with 'this offense.' We know this is a playoff team, even on the cusp with Trey and 'that offense.'

The question will be, did we improve enough from last year's weaknesses to get over the hump?

Will Ryan's defense not immediately fold after going up 2 scores and not defend the dink/dunk to a loss? Will the run blocking be there? Pass protection. Will Jimmy make the key plays? Health? Kyle learn to call a TO? Defense capitalize on TO opportunities? ST make a difference?

Stay tuned...

Point of information: Does Demeco or kyle call the defensive STRATEGY…ie, if we play prevent , is that kyle…or Ryans? Late in the game, up by a couple, is it still that way? I know Demeco is calling the plays, but as for strategy, is that kyle or meco? Reason for asking is obvious. Thx.

An Interception or two would be nice as well.

Let's destroy the broncos and get ready for week 4.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
On a positive note going forward, Maiocco said the offense looks like the 49ers offense again and that not one single pass hit the ground. They were on it!

Hopefully that transfers to Denver!

That's what happens when you put a functional, good QB back in. Instead of a pipe dream.

No doubt everyone is far more familiar with 'this offense.' We know this is a playoff team, even on the cusp with Trey and 'that offense.'

The question will be, did we improve enough from last year's weaknesses to get over the hump?

Will Ryan's defense not immediately fold after going up 2 scores and not defend the dink/dunk to a loss? Will the run blocking be there? Pass protection. Will Jimmy make the key plays? Health? Kyle learn to call a TO? Defense capitalize on TO opportunities? ST make a difference?

Stay tuned...

Point of information: Does Demeco or kyle call the defensive STRATEGY…ie, if we play prevent , is that kyle…or Ryans? Late in the game, up by a couple, is it still that way? I know Demeco is calling the plays, but as for strategy, is that kyle or meco? Reason for asking is obvious. Thx.

I honestly don't know. Maybe others could speak to the scheme after going up 2 scores. It's only a guess but it could just be mental/maturity. For instance, Sherman talked about in the Superbowl, how everyone got cocky after that T.Moore pick. Subsequently, they instantly gave up 21 points in 5 minutes to lose. We're still seeing it so maybe it's more a mental letdown. They relax. Or they're still learning how to close out an opponent and don't quite have that killer instinct yet. A championship defense closes those games out.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 24, 2022 at 10:39 AM ]
This is so silly. Do you even 4-9?

This is literally, how this team is built.

Dominate? It was downright non existent.

But somehow the passing game (the thing they do the least), still got a 2 score lead in the 4Q. How was that possible? Had they been able to run at all like Seattle last week, they close that game out easily on a 9 minute drive.

Again, if our defense takes Stafford's passing game away (like Geno Smith last week), nobody would expect the Rams to switch gears from their winning formula and beat us running the ball.

And I hate to break it to you but that winning formula, on how Kyle personally constructed over 6 off seasons, isn't going to change any time soon, no matter the QB. So get used to it. If I were you I'd spend a whole lot more time focusing on the running game. Everything works off that here.

How is it possible? Because the O line gave enough time and Jimmy actually hit a play or two. If he would've hit more plays that were there they win the game and would've likely ran the ball better overall.

*looked pretty good

Jimmy G throws touchdowns and wins games.

what does that statement have anything to do with what I said?
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Sep 24, 2022 at 10:54 AM ]

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So why jimmy didn't get a MVP, all pro, probowl or at least any respect from the league ?

The Falcons were 26th in passing attempts when Ryan won MVP, he attempted fewer deep passes than he had up to that point and the offense was the most efficient it had ever been. They were top 10 in the run game in a ton if areas(according to PFF).

Ryan was playing bonkers that year though. When they took deep shots(which was less often than they had for years) he was crazy accurate and didn't throw a pick on them all year. He deserved MVP. Jimmy didn't play as well as Ryan in 2016, that shouldn't be a discussion.

But, to say Ryan did it without a run game, the Falcons had their best run game in like 10 years. It's why Ryans efficiency #'s haven't been nearly as high before or since.
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

not really. he would've gotten Kirk Cousins or someone else

Oh that's just poking the bear.

#KyleTheControlFreak

Share 49ersWebzone