LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

2nd half had explosive plays open too. Just weren't taken.

which one's specifically?

This is so dumb. We were leading in the 2nd half. Mostly handing it off and running out the game and short throws. So, so dumb. Honestly do these media people need to be this dumb?

The second half was basically a 9 minute drive...something like 9 runs and 3 passes. Yeah, not a lot of room for explosives.

There seems to be this massive obsession with the FF/Madden generation on the deep ball. And Kyle doesn't give af.

Tyreek Hill has been shredding defenses deep for ages and defenses still don't adjust to just him. This idea if Trey or Jimmy just threw a few more deep balls, the defense would back off and stop defending the run with numbers against Kyle doesn't seem rational. Maybe it is.

Either way, it doesn't sound like Kyle believes that either so maybe we should all stop hoping for that. In fact, him scoring a fast TD seems like the last thing he wants to do.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 24, 2022 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

This is so dumb. We were leading in the 2nd half. Mostly handing it off and running out the game and short throws. So, so dumb. Honestly do these media people need to be this dumb?

The second half was basically a 9 minute drive...something like 9 runs and 3 passes. Yeah, not a lot of room for explosives.

There seems to be this massive obsession with the FF/Madden generation on the deep ball. And Kyle doesn't give af.

Tyreek Hill has been shredding defenses deep for ages and defenses still don't adjust to just him. This idea if Trey or Jimmy just threw a few more deep balls, the defense would back off and stop defending the run with numbers against Kyle doesn't seem rational. Maybe it is.

Either way, it doesn't sound like Kyle believes that either so maybe we should all stop hoping for that.

Just look at the way the game was going. This is so completely dumb. Did we win? Was it by a good margin? Why are the media and fans complaining? Make it make sense at least.
So you had zero issues with the S's playing like ass and watching Stafford simply dink/dunk his way to a comeback win?

But Jimmy should have done more earlier?

Makes no sense.

I had plenty of issues with it. But I also realize the rams offense is fantastic and the 9ers secondary wasn't.

The rams defense however had huge gaping holes at safety we should've taken more advantage of. We should've been able to throw on them like they did to us. Their safeties were (and still are) amongst the worst in the NFL.

You are so focused on the lead part of things. Had I told you before the game the 9ers were going to hold the Rams to 20 you would've said the 9ers are going to the SB. I know I would've. Had chances to not just score 17. They weren't taken. That to me is more frustrating and disappointing than a bad unit getting destroyed by a good one.

Either way, it doesn't sound like Kyle believes that either so maybe we should all stop hoping for that.

Just look at the way the game was going. This is so completely dumb. Did we win? Was it by a good margin? Why are the media and fans complaining? Make it make sense at least.

Agreed. It's silly. But MB, DL and others are starting to look deeper into Jimmy's comments so they're looking for evidence of that. #FreeJimmy

Command is the one complaining about free Jimmy.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

That would be crazy to think.
I had plenty of issues with it. But I also realize the rams offense is fantastic and the 9ers secondary wasn't.

The rams defense however had huge gaping holes at safety we should've taken more advantage of. We should've been able to throw on them like they did to us. Their safeties were (and still are) amongst the worst in the NFL.

You are so focused on the lead part of things. Had I told you before the game the 9ers were going to hold the Rams to 20 you would've said the 9ers are going to the SB. I know I would've. Had chances to not just score 17. They weren't taken. That to me is more frustrating and disappointing than a bad unit getting destroyed by a good one.

That's fair.

So you lowered your expectations for K'Waun, Ward, Tartt, etc. while increasing your expectations for Jimmy and the passing game.

Free Jimmy!
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Free Jimmy!

Free the man. #GoSpread!

why actually analyze the game? It's all about stats and narratives baby.

That's fair.

So you lowered your expectations for K'Waun, Ward, Tartt, etc. while increasing your expectations for Jimmy and the passing game.

Absolutely. Matchups are the key to every game.

Do you not expect Denver to throw more effectively than Seattle? Same thing.

Without Simmons and a dinged up Surtian the pass game needs to take advantage.

#BeAgressiveJimmy
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 24, 2022 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

That would be crazy to think.

We'd be looking at another losing season under Shanny that's for sure.

Free jimmy, free our receiver room.

Kyle be like, "you can't bulldoze the SAM, you don't get targets!"

cmon buddhahan our receiver room is double dorjii our offense this season. free your mind! free jimmy! free the fab five!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Yah like the BS narrative Kyle is limiting Jimmy. Glad you agree.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Yah like the BS narrative Kyle is limiting Jimmy. Glad you agree.

It is comical but what isn't on the zone?
Share 49ersWebzone