LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 252 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's fair.

So you lowered your expectations for K'Waun, Ward, Tartt, etc. while increasing your expectations for Jimmy and the passing game.

Absolutely. Matchups are the key to every game.

Do you not expect Denver to throw more effectively than Seattle? Same thing.

Without Simmons and a dinged up Surtian the pass game needs to take advantage.

#BeAgressiveJimmy

I gotcha.

Hmmm...had to really think about that one. Wilson is still learning a new offense.

True...but Kittle is a mismatch either way so that part of the game wouldn't be different unless Kyle wants to feature him.
Originally posted by random49er:
Better teams are going to force us to be one-dimensional unless our QB can torch them for cheating up (play action down the field).

Come playoff time you are facing better teams that have all had time to figure things out and gel. It's going to happen this year as well unless we improve in this area.

It's really that simple.

It's exactly that simple.

The disconnect is the belief that the run game should dominate regardless of what the qb is doing and if it doesn't the o line is exclusively to blame.

This is so silly. Do you even 4-9?

This is literally, how this team is built.

Dominate? It was downright non existent.

But somehow the passing game (the thing they do the least), still got a 2 score lead in the 4Q. How was that possible? Had they been able to run at all like Seattle last week, they close that game out easily on a 9 minute drive.

Again, if our defense takes Stafford's passing game away (like Geno Smith last week), nobody would expect the Rams to switch gears from their winning formula and beat us running the ball.

And I hate to break it to you but that winning formula, on how Kyle personally constructed over 6 off seasons, isn't going to change any time soon, no matter the QB. So get used to it. If I were you I'd spend a whole lot more time focusing on the running game. Everything works off that here.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

2nd half had explosive plays open too. Just weren't taken.

which one's specifically?

This is so dumb. We were leading in the 2nd half. Mostly handing it off and running out the game and short throws. So, so dumb. Honestly do these media people need to be this dumb?

why actually analyze the game? It's all about stats and narratives baby.

Haha yes,...only the stats where no one quite understands what the hell's going on.

Once we all figure out what's up,....no more replies and we're on to the next page.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 24, 2022 at 12:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Better teams are going to force us to be one-dimensional unless our QB can torch them for cheating up (play action down the field).

Come playoff time you are facing better teams that have all had time to figure things out and gel. It's going to happen this year as well unless we improve in this area.

It's really that simple.

The disconnect is the belief that the run game should dominate regardless of what the qb is doing and if it doesn't the o line is exclusively to blame.

But somehow the passing game (the thing they do the least), still got a 2 score lead in the 4Q. How was that possible? Had they been able to run at all like Seattle last week, they close that game out easily on a 9 minute drive.

Again, if our defense takes Stafford's passing game away (like Geno Smith last week), nobody would expect the Rams to switch gears from their winning formula and beat us running the ball.

And I hate to break it to you but that winning formula, on how Kyle personally constructed over 6 off seasons, isn't going to change any time soon, no matter the QB. So get used to it. If I were you I'd spend a whole lot more time focusing on the running game. Everything works off that here.

Oh this will be good. We're about to get a masterclass in gifs.
Free jimmy, free our receiver room.

Kyle be like, "you can't bulldoze the SAM, you don't get targets!"

cmon buddhahan our receiver room is double dorjii our offense this season. free your mind! free jimmy! free the fab five!

I can't remember the last time I saw Jimmy call an audible. Does Kyle allow our QBs to call audibles?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

2nd half had explosive plays open too. Just weren't taken.

which one's specifically?

This is so dumb. We were leading in the 2nd half. Mostly handing it off and running out the game and short throws. So, so dumb. Honestly do these media people need to be this dumb?

Yeah I guess. LOL.

It's really that simple.

lol It's just impressive you are still condescending to others after being taken to the woodshed yesterday
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Yah like the BS narrative Kyle is limiting Jimmy. Glad you agree.

It is comical but what isn't on the zone?

Uh, there's only been one quarterback for this team since kyle got here. And he wears a goofy cap and paces the sidelines.

Kyle doesn't really care about qb's as long as they do what he says.

Does jimmy call a lot of audibles? does he flex out of run and call pass 5 times a game? or vice versa?

Jimmy's problems are kyles problems. great coaches adjust to avoid problems. Kyle is too smart for that. He's already anticipated all the adjustments into the game plan. So if there are breakdowns it can't be his fault. He's already designed in options A,B,C,D,E.

No HOF qb accepts that, hence why we don't have one.

Anyway kyle needs to evolve his ideas since every division opponent now drills shutting down oz blocking schemes.
Originally posted by bigpete50:
Free jimmy, free our receiver room.

Kyle be like, "you can't bulldoze the SAM, you don't get targets!"

cmon buddhahan our receiver room is double dorjii our offense this season. free your mind! free jimmy! free the fab five!

I can't remember the last time I saw Jimmy call an audible. Does Kyle allow our QBs to call audibles?

you read my mind. I just posted that

It's really that simple.

lol It's just impressive you are still condescending to others after being taken to the woodshed yesterday

Cute. Next time read the thread. You might find out we were talking about the same stat referenced by two different sites.

The only thing taken to the woodshed was your reading skills.

Your gif game is strong though!

I'm fired up for SNF

Me too! I think I originally had us going 1-3 to start (with Trey) but if we could get out to 2-1, game on!

I'm on the East Coast so I'm going to need you guys to keep me awake until the end! Zzzzzz

Same, will most likely find out score in the am.

It's a miracle if I make it to halftime...and I'm not a walking zombie the next day.

You guys remember that Vikings home opener with Tomsula in 2015?

That was a 10:15 pm EST start........man was hard to stay away just for the start of that one, LOL.

But it was worth it.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It's really that simple.

How did Kyle get a MVP QB by running the ball ?

By running the ball.
So why jimmy didn't get a MVP, all pro, probowl or at least any respect from the league ?

He did get a Pro Bowl alternate nod, but he was also voted by players into the NFL Top 100 prior to the 2020-2021 season

https://www.49ers.com/video/top-100-players-of-2020-jimmy-garoppolo-no-43

It's really that simple.

Cute. Next time read the thread. You might find out we were talking about the same stat referenced by two different sites.

Lol. Read the whole thing from start to finish. You took it on the chin
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I'm fired up for SNF

Me too! I think I originally had us going 1-3 to start (with Trey) but if we could get out to 2-1, game on!

I'm on the East Coast so I'm going to need you guys to keep me awake until the end! Zzzzzz

Same, will most likely find out score in the am.

It's a miracle if I make it to halftime...and I'm not a walking zombie the next day.

You guys remember that Vikings home opener with Tomsula in 2015?

That was a 10:15 pm EST start........man was hard to stay away just for the start of that one, LOL.

But it was worth it.

Was that the Monday night doubleheader? Yea that was ruff

It's really that simple.

Lol. Read the whole thing from start to finish. You took it on the chin

Given there was nothing to take on the chin, let's hear your recap of what that was?
Share 49ersWebzone