Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Someone got chin checked in here…

Always got to have that sad gotcha moment in here.

You called it yesterday!

Right on cue.

Hrs talking about you

I'm not trying to "get you." You are...daily.

You would actually have to state an opinion on your own for me to even try to "get you." Not that I would anyhow. Not many got-you moments to a gif.
...back to the thread title

Really liked what I saw from Jimmy with the sideline throws and even taking a deep shot in the endzone. He needs to continue that because even if it is not completed it can easily draw a PI which is the same thing.

I would love to see him selectively audible throughout the game especially if Shanny gets too cute or conservative. Jimmy should feel comfortable now that he will starting QB for entire year.

Also, he should immediately audible out of any stupid QB power runs that Shanny calls (not including QB sneaks of course).

No more stupid picks over the middle giving the opposition a short field.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:

Really liked what I saw from Jimmy with the sideline throws and even taking a deep shot in the endzone. He needs to continue that because even if it is not completed it can easily draw a PI which is the same thing.

I would love to see him selectively audible throughout the game especially if Shanny gets too cute or conservative. Jimmy should feel comfortable now that he will starting QB for entire year.

Also, he should immediately audible out of any stupid QB power runs that Shanny calls (not including QB sneaks of course).

Feel like he threw those sideline throws only cause they were using Lance's game plan. Hopefully that's not the case and he does take some shots sometimes.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:

Yeah, for the crowd with the narrative (accurate) that he doesn't play outside the hashes or use the full field, should be pretty happy. That's exactly what fans wanted to see. It would have been even better if Aiyuk caught his and Jimmy had some chemistry with Gray.

Now the question is, will this continue or will it go back to the same ol' Kyle-Jimmy game plan?
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Feel like he threw those sideline throws only cause they were using Lance's game plan. Hopefully that's not the case and he does take some shots sometimes.

Hmmmmm. That's a great point. With Trey's arm, those 1on1 outside the hash mark throws make sense. But Jimmy completed them too. Maybe that gives Kyle some confidence to call those more now?

Jimmy needs to just take the shots that are there and the offense will be fine.
Hmmmmm. That's a great point. With Trey's arm, those 1on1 outside the hash mark throws make sense. But Jimmy completed them too. Maybe that gives Kyle some confidence to call those more now?

I hope it does give Kyle the confidence to call those plays for Jimmy. Would make the offense more dynamic.

I hope it does give Kyle the confidence to call those plays for Jimmy. Would make the offense more dynamic.

No question. Gotta see how the PP holds up. If good, game on!
mix it up! some sideline throws coupled with this throws in the middle of the field that he excels at as well as a few deep bombs. Even if they don't hit, he can draw a PI and every time he throws it and misses, he can learn from it and get better.

No he isn't going to air it out like some QBs 10+ times a game with minimal effort but he is fully capable of doing it as long as oline gives him decent time. Also sideline go routes one on one likely have a lower rate of being intercepted than trying to thread a pass in between LBs and CBs.

LIke 3.4 seconds good?

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

LIke 3.4 seconds good?

Using PFF or nextgenstats.nfl.com stats? LOL
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

I feel like Jimmy can make those throws. Its just we see receivers drop them sometimes and then people call it a bad throw by Jimmy. I feel like Jimmy can make that deep throw if he wanted to but maybe he's just hesitant to do it to avoid the "big" mistake which sometimes backfires anyway.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

or maybe we'd have an additional title or 2? Hard to know. Alot of moving variables. Hindsight's probably not worth the energy.

With Hoyer, Beathard, or Mullens?
Originally posted by random49er:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

or maybe we'd have an additional title or 2? Hard to know. Alot of moving variables. Hindsight's probably not worth the energy.

With Hoyer, Beathard, or Mullens?

No, with Kirk "the definition of middling with a 60-60-2 record" Cousins.

That was the absolute plan if we didn't get JG. Kyle has said this multiple times.

So, Random has to believe we'd have 2 titles with Cousins as that was the only other option.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
which one's specifically?

Random posted the video in this very thread

so the video covers multiple plays? not just one? didn't see it. perhaps bump it?
Share 49ersWebzone