LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 236 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
yeah, I never made those claims. however I was trying to understand your references

so basically your argument is against the claim being made that, Kyle calls conservatively for Jimmy. essentially, correct?

I assume everyone is just jumping on his words from his most recent pressers with those statements

Don't think he called anything differently in 2021 from 2019. I also don't think you trade 3 1sts to go get another guy if the existing guy is executing your gameplan exactly how you want.
Originally posted by random49er:
so the video covers multiple plays? not just one? didn't see it. perhaps bump it?

Just rewatch the game.

Started out very good,....left alot to be desired as the game went on.

Now he's gotten a full week of practice as the starter.

or just bump the video showcasing him missing the 2nd half plays 9ers4eva is referring to?

Alright I'll do your homework for you.

2nd and 9 I've already highlighted, right? Well how bout the very next play?

Here's the 3rd and 9 that led to the punt. Freeze-framed it for you so you could see just how badly Aiyuk had beaten his man.

Familiar theme: Pre-decided to go with the closer route,...even though the player was short of the sticks anyway.

Again,...Aiyuk is RIGHT THERE for the 1st. Must we really repeat the same thing over and over about Jimmy for you to really believe it happens routinely?

And why are we doing this anyway when our main film guy will tell you that Shanahan didn't want a 1st down throw on 3rd down, abhors Jimmy throwing to Aiyuk in single coverage,....will throw a bunch of play designs and words u dont understand at you, and you'll just going to go for it as always?

I didn't need to re-watch the entire game when my entire motive was requesting examples from somebody else.

it was about asking you to bump a post you made earlier that 9ers4eva was referring to, and then asking about some of his examples.

I can make an argument against this play though, sure
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
While he was open that takes a very nice throw. Pretty petty imo.

While I love Aiyuk in single coverage, it probably takes a stronger armed QB to make it. I hear that the gameplan really wasnt for him, so there's that.

Plays were certainly left on the field,....no doubt.
Pre-decided to go with the closer route? disagree completely.

what was pre-decided was based on the play-call's progression and that progression started on the left half of the entire field on the trips side with a triangle or spot concept it looks like; of which it was totally taken away leaving Juice as the outlet.

if Jimmy's progression started more toward the center of the field from the beginning the chances of him throwing to Aiyuk would've been much higher, imo.

While I love Aiyuk in single coverage, it probably takes a stronger armed QB to make it. I hear that the gameplan really wasnt for him, so there's that.

yeah, if the gameplan was centered more around Aiyuk no way he would've been on the total opposite side of the field like that. or at least the progression would've been more geared toward that side

all just speculation though
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Sep 24, 2022 at 7:59 PM ]

what was pre-decided was based on the play-call's progression and that progression started on the left half of the entire field on the trips side with a triangle or spot concept it looks like; of which it was totally taken away leaving Juice as the outlet.

if Jimmy's progression started more toward the center of the field from the beginning the chances of him throwing to Aiyuk would've been much higher, imo.

Recognizing single coverage takes being a student of the game. What year is he in here? He should recognize the chaos that bunch formations on the strong side can create on the weakside. A better QB makes that throw. 1st down,...move the chains.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 24, 2022 at 8:03 PM ]

Meh, I think he had a little lull there and he did miss it was either Ray Ray or Gray on the play before(I think) but this happens nearly every game to every QB. Like literally... If not teams would be scoring 50+ a game. I guarantee you I could watch any QB and go back and say "he should have made that throw or that was the wrong read." QBs are rarely perfect.

His offense scored 24 points while leaving another 3 to 7 on the board. Why cant you or 9ers4eva point out the positives? It's gotta be miserable being so negative every post. There were far more positives than pointing out a few misses.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 24, 2022 at 8:11 PM ]

A better QB makes that throw. 1st down.

when the play is designed to progress starting on the left half of the entire field away from Aiyuk, then the chances of that 'throw' to be made in the first place are automatically going to be drastically reduced anyway.
Meh, I think he had a little lull there and he did miss it was either Ray Ray or Gray on the play before(I think) but this happens nearly every game to every QB. Like literally... If not teams would be scoring 50+ a game. I guarantee you I could watch any QB and go back and say "he should have made that throw or that was the wrong read." QBs are rarely perfect.

His offense scored 24 points. Why can you or 9ers4eva point out the positives? There were far more positives than pointing out a few misses.

Sure there were plenty of positives. I don't even mind the chances not taken because he had no time to prepare and the weather could effect things.

Just don't tell me Kyle was the reason the production fell off in the 2nd half when there were plays left out there. It's disingenuous.

Recognizing single coverage takes being a student of the game. What year is he in here? He should recognize the chaos that bunch formations on the strong side can create on the weakside. A better QB makes that throw. 1st down,...move the chains.

guess you responded too quickly before gathering your thoughts

anyways, it's clear as day, regardless if Aiyuk was 1 on 1 on the outside, the play design dictated where Jimmy started looking.

in hindsight it sure would've been nice had he attempted something to Aiyuk nevertheless, for sure. that's obvious

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

His offense scored 24 points. Why can you or 9ers4eva point out the positives? There were far more positives than pointing out a few misses.

Sure there were plenty of positives. I don't even mind the chances not taken because he had no time to prepare and the weather could effect things.

Just don't tell me Kyle was the reason the production fell off in the 2nd half when there were plays left out there. It's disingenuous.

Yet you two only focus on the negatives. Why is that? I'm genuinely curious why. How can that be fun?
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 24, 2022 at 8:13 PM ]

production falling off in the 2nd half is something we can speculate all day about because we'll never know.

what will help is whether or not it becomes a pattern from here on out while keeping in mind; do we have a big lead? were we in control? all of which will dictate what type of play is called for Jimmy
when the play is designed to progress starting on the left half of the entire field away from Aiyuk, then the chances of that 'throw' to be made in the first place are automatically going to be drastically reduced anyway.

I know that the explanation/excuse will eventually be overtaken,...but from my vantage point, and as said here....

Just as with Jimmy's play (although different),...the progressions clearly begin on the other side. But the much younger Mahomes (2018?) opts to take advantage of the 1-on-1.

This is the next step in this offense that seems to have never been taken. People are saying they want Jimmy to have more freedom within the offense. I'm just showing an example of it that's pretty clear and available.
Yet you two only focus on the negatives. Why is that? I'm genuinely curious why. How can that be fun?

I'm not focused on the negatives at all. I'm generally encouraged by his play. I want more of it.

Waterbear talked about this though. Analyzing both good and bad is important.

My issue isn't even with Jimmys play. It's with the pretend narrative that Kyle limits Jimmy.

I'm not focused on the negatives at all. I'm generally encouraged by his play. I want more of it.

Waterbear talked about this though. Analyzing both good and bad is important.

My issue isn't even with Jimmys play. It's with the pretend narrative that Kyle limits Jimmy.

Waterbear would have a point if you and random ever, just once analyzed the good. That's where he's wrong. I understand that Jimmy is far from perfect. He's a good QB but nowhere near the top echelon. I think most here agree.

I do think Kyle like to play conservative and likes playing as he said "efficient". Deep passes and air yards are not efficient. Getting the ball out quick and letting guys like Aiyuk, Deebo, and Kittle get yards themselves is extremely efficient. That's not to say he's limiting Jimmy, I don't think that's what people are really saying. I think people are saying Kyle has a system that he likes and that system is not overly reliant on air yards and other fantasy stats. True results as is YPA is concrete. Air yards gets extra fantasy points but Moving the 30 yards through the air is no different than 30 yards in schemed open YAC. Moving the ball is moving the ball... Something that we are very good at.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 24, 2022 at 8:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone