LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 242 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not expecting fireworks from Jimmy G., after all, he wasn't part of training camp.
A win is all that matters.
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Waterbear would have a point if you and random ever, just once analyzed the good. That's where he's wrong. I understand that Jimmy is far from perfect. He's a good QB but nowhere near the top echelon. I think most here agree.

I do think Kyle like to play conservative and likes playing as he said "efficient". Deep passes and air yards are not efficient. Getting the ball out quick and letting guys like Aiyuk, Deebo, and Kittle the ball get yards themselves is. That's not to say he's limiting Jimmy, I don't think that's what people are really saying. I think people are saying Kyle has a system that he likes and that system is not overly reliant on air yards but reliant on YPA. Moving the ball... Something that we are very good at.

People analyzed his good in here. I didn't have anything to add. His sideline throws were very good. More please.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I miss Trey, but we got a good insurance policy in Garop. Trey will be raring to go next year.

I wish I had your optimism. My confidence in Lance living up to expectations is much lower now than it was this time last week. I hope he enters next season intent on winning the starting job had goes out there and leaves no doubt. I don't expect him to be the presumptive starter in 2023, considering the obvious reaction the team had to Jimmy. Lance has to earn the starting job, whether competing with Jimmy (resigning him) or some other FA QB. I doubt Jimmy resigns, because the only way I could justify it would be a SB victory, which then would render Lance's development a secondary priority.

He already earned the starting job, this year. He might not have come out gang busters, but he deserved to start over Jimmy. This is Jimmy's last year, no matter what. Just unfortunate he got injured and put a year's delay on his reign as the starter.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 24, 2022 at 11:01 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by random49er:
Alright I'll do your homework for you.

2nd and 9 I've already highlighted, right? Well how bout the very next play?

Here's the 3rd and 9 that led to the punt. Freeze-framed it for you so you could see just how badly Aiyuk had beaten his man.

Familiar theme: Pre-decided to go with the closer route,...even though the player was short of the sticks anyway.

Again,...Aiyuk is RIGHT THERE for the 1st. Must we really repeat the same thing over and over about Jimmy for you to really believe it happens routinely?

And why are we doing this anyway when our main film guy will tell you that Shanahan didn't want a 1st down throw on 3rd down, abhors Jimmy throwing to Aiyuk in single coverage,....will throw a bunch of play designs and words u dont understand at you, and you'll just going to go for it as always?

Aiyuk is an option on this play but Jimmy chose to work the concept side instead of his X WR 1v1. Good route from Aiyuk.
Is that video cropped off or does SEA have 10 defenders?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

or maybe we'd have an additional title or 2? Hard to know. Alot of moving variables. Hindsight's probably not worth the energy.

With Hoyer, Beathard, or Mullens?

No, with Kirk "the definition of middling with a 60-60-2 record" Cousins.

That was the absolute plan if we didn't get JG. Kyle has said this multiple times.

So, Random has to believe we'd have 2 titles with Cousins as that was the only other option.

Dude criticizes JG to the fullest, even when he wins. Lol

I love Kirk Cousins but I really doubt he would've brought home the 9ers a championship. Dude has problems getting pass the first round of the playoffs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

or maybe we'd have an additional title or 2? Hard to know. Alot of moving variables. Hindsight's probably not worth the energy.

That was the absolute plan if we didn't get JG. Kyle has said this multiple times.

So, Random has to believe we'd have 2 titles with Cousins as that was the only other option.

I love Kirk Cousins but I really doubt he would've brought home the 9ers a championship. Dude has problems getting pass the first round of the playoffs.

Cousins has been putting up damn good passing numbers over the last 7 seasons. To believe that if him and Shanahan were paired that this 49ers team wouldn't be as successful if not more than it has been with Jimmy is pure comedy gold. As far as the playoffs. Did we forget that we won a championship game while passing the ball only 8 times? As it has stood for the past 4 years, the passing game leans far more on the running game than the running game has leaned on the passing game. In the games where the running game has needed to lean on the passing game, we are 3-7 with Jimmy.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 25, 2022 at 4:59 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I was told by multiple people that there absolutely was no interest in Jimmy despite a lot of different sources saying there was. Including our FO. Sadly they will now deny it like it never randomly Steve 49AThappened.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Cousins has been putting up damn good passing numbers over the last 7 seasons. To believe that if him and Shanahan were paired that this 49ers team wouldn't be as successful if not more than it has been with Jimmy is pure comedy gold. As far as the playoffs. Did we forget that we won a championship game while passing the ball only 8 times? As it has stood for the past 4 years, the passing game leans far more on the running game than the running game has leaned on the passing game. In the games where the running game has needed to lean on the passing game, we are 3-7.

Yeah Kirk doesn't stink at all. I don't think he's worth his contract but I guess that's just the market. Kirk doesn't get hurt either, so I think it's not crazy to assume that they would be as or more successful with him here.

I was told by multiple people that there absolutely was no interest in Jimmy despite a lot of different sources saying there was. Including our FO. Sadly they will now deny it like it never randomly Steve 49AThappened.

I absolutely said there was a market for him and he was a better option then what a handful of teams were planning to trot out there this yr…I also said if he was as good as some in here say, then the shoulder injury wouldn't have been stopping any team from making the move.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Cousins has been putting up damn good passing numbers over the last 7 seasons. To believe that if him and Shanahan were paired that this 49ers team wouldn't be as successful if not more than it has been with Jimmy is pure comedy gold. As far as the playoffs. Did we forget that we won a championship game while passing the ball only 8 times? As it has stood for the past 4 years, the passing game leans far more on the running game than the running game has leaned on the passing game. In the games where the running game has needed to lean on the passing game, we are 3-7 with Jimmy.
You use worthless stats all of the time. At the end of the day Cousins has like a .222 winning percentage against winning teams. This is from 2021. You're so amazingly bias and hypocritical it's not even funny dude. Fantasy football though. Stats. How many picks did he throw last week?

With the Minnesota Vikings from 2018-21, Kirk Cousins was 6-21 (.222) against winning teams as the starting quarterback

Here I'll provide my source, not hide them/borderline plagiarise them.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/kirk-cousins-record-against-winning-teams/#:~:text=With%20the%20Minnesota%20Vikings%20from,teams%20as%20the%20starting%20quarterback.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 25, 2022 at 5:12 AM ]

I absolutely said there was a market for him and he was a better option then what a handful of teams were planning to trot out there this yr…I also said if he was as good as some in here say, then the shoulder injury wouldn't have been stopping any team from making the move.

Not you btw. Sorry I should've said that. It was a few random posters main talking point all off-season.

God Damnit we was so close.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

God Damnit we was so close.

Here's another one actually. Completely forgot about you. Lol
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 25, 2022 at 5:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone