Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by random49er:
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

or maybe we'd have an additional title or 2? Hard to know. Alot of moving variables. Hindsight's probably not worth the energy.

With Hoyer, Beathard, or Mullens?

No, with Kirk "the definition of middling with a 60-60-2 record" Cousins.

That was the absolute plan if we didn't get JG. Kyle has said this multiple times.

So, Random has to believe we'd have 2 titles with Cousins as that was the only other option.

Dude criticizes JG to the fullest, even when he wins. Lol

I love Kirk Cousins but I really doubt he would've brought home the 9ers a championship. Dude has problems getting pass the first round of the playoffs.

Cousins has been putting up damn good passing numbers over the last 7 seasons. To believe that if him and Shanahan were paired that this 49ers team wouldn't be as successful if not more than it has been with Jimmy is pure comedy gold. As far as the playoffs. Did we forget that we won a championship game while passing the ball only 8 times? As it has stood for the past 4 years, the passing game leans far more on the running game than the running game has leaned on the passing game. In the games where the running game has needed to lean on the passing game, we are 3-7 with Jimmy.
You use worthless stats all of the time. At the end of the day Cousins has like a .222 winning percentage against winning teams. This is from 2021. You're so amazingly bias and hypocritical it's not even funny dude. Fantasy football though. Stats.

With the Minnesota Vikings from 2018-21, Kirk Cousins was 6-21 (.222) against winning teams as the starting quarterback

Here I'll provide my source, not hide them/borderline plagiarise them.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/kirk-cousins-record-against-winning-teams/#:~:text=With%20the%20Minnesota%20Vikings%20from,teams%20as%20the%20starting%20quarterback.

Has Kirk Cousins had a running game and a defense as good or better than ours? It was proven the other day, the more this team has success running the ball, the more it wins. The more it relies on passing the ball, the more it loses. The QB has far more influence on the passing game than they do the running game. Especially when it comes to a pure pocket passer at QB.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I was told by multiple people that there absolutely was no interest in Jimmy despite a lot of different sources saying there was. Including our FO. Sadly they will now deny it like it never randomly Steve 49AThappened.

I absolutely said there was a market for him and he was a better option then what a handful of teams were planning to trot out there this yr…I also said if he was as good as some in here say, then the shoulder injury wouldn't have been stopping any team from making the move.

God Damnit we was so close.

Here's another one actually. Completely forgot about you. Lol

I was told by multiple people that there absolutely was no interest in Jimmy despite a lot of different sources saying there was. Including our FO. Sadly they will now deny it like it never randomly Steve 49AThappened.

I absolutely said there was a market for him and he was a better option then what a handful of teams were planning to trot out there this yr…I also said if he was as good as some in here say, then the shoulder injury wouldn't have been stopping any team from making the move.

Not you btw. Sorry I should've said that. It was a few random posters main talking point all off-season.

Yeah either way we're still in good shape ROS
Crazy to think if we didn't trade for Jimmy G, the Shanny era would likely be over by now.

or maybe we'd have an additional title or 2? Hard to know. Alot of moving variables. Hindsight's probably not worth the energy.

That was the absolute plan if we didn't get JG. Kyle has said this multiple times.

So, Random has to believe we'd have 2 titles with Cousins as that was the only other option.

I love Kirk Cousins but I really doubt he would've brought home the 9ers a championship. Dude has problems getting pass the first round of the playoffs.

Cousins has been putting up damn good passing numbers over the last 7 seasons. To believe that if him and Shanahan were paired that this 49ers team wouldn't be as successful if not more than it has been with Jimmy is pure comedy gold. As far as the playoffs. Did we forget that we won a championship game while passing the ball only 8 times? As it has stood for the past 4 years, the passing game leans far more on the running game than the running game has leaned on the passing game. In the games where the running game has needed to lean on the passing game, we are 3-7 with Jimmy.
You use worthless stats all of the time. At the end of the day Cousins has like a .222 winning percentage against winning teams. This is from 2021. You're so amazingly bias and hypocritical it's not even funny dude. Fantasy football though. Stats.

With the Minnesota Vikings from 2018-21, Kirk Cousins was 6-21 (.222) against winning teams as the starting quarterback

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/kirk-cousins-record-against-winning-teams/#:~:text=With%20the%20Minnesota%20Vikings%20from,teams%20as%20the%20starting%20quarterback.

Has Kirk Cousins had a running game

Uhhhhh. Better than our oft injured backs.

"It was proven the other day, the more this team has success running the ball, the more it wins."
-YAC
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 25, 2022 at 5:22 AM ]

"It was proven the other day, the more this team has success running the ball, the more it wins."
-YAC

Wow! One season with over 1500 rushing yards as an offense. Yes. The yards per carry was good. MIN obviously did not run the ball enough. Was that because their defense was getting torched or because 33 TD's and 7 INT's wasn't good enough to win games? Also, I never said Kirk was elite. I just said that to believe Shanahan + Kirk < Shanahan + Jimmy= comedy gold.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 25, 2022 at 5:29 AM ]

-YAC

Wow! One season with over 1500 rushing yards as an offense. Yes. The yards per carry was good. MIN obviously did not run the ball enough. Was that because their defense was getting torched or because 33 TD's and 7 INT's wasn't good enough to win games? Also, I never said Kirk was elite. I just said that to believe Shanahan + Kirk < Shanahan + Jimmy= comedy gold.

Right back at you and your lust for worthless fantasy football arguments. You slobber all over a QB that threw 3 interceptions last week and single handedly lost them the game but non stop b***hes about a guy who has one of the best winning percetages in the entire NFL. Whine about Jimmy aaaaaallllll week for winning against a divisional foe, absolutely slobber over a guy who threw 3 really terrible picks. The sheer and utter hypocrisy.

Then you patronize me? How cute.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 25, 2022 at 5:38 AM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
It´s Dalvin Cook´s stats I think not the total rushing offense for the Vikings.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Sep 25, 2022 at 5:40 AM ]
Everyone saying nobody wanted Jimmy can stfu now thanks

-YAC

Right back at you and your lust for worthless fantasy football arguments. You slobber all over a QB that threw 3 interceptions last week and single handedly lost them the game but non stop b***hes about a guy who has one of the best winning percetages in the entire NFL. Hare Jimmy all week for winning, absolutely slobber over a guy who threw 3 really terrible picks.

Then you patronize me? How cute.

You have one hell of an imagination using words like slobber. Tell me one thing I said that you would consider slobbering over Kirk? And please, keep ignoring what my actual point was because it makes you look like a fool.
Win or lose zones gonna be fun tomorrow.

Originally posted by pdc20:

And this... I forgot the mention that. One of the best backs in the league and YAC says he didn't have anything.

Imagine the aneurysm YAC would have if this was Jimmy. It's flat out hypocrisy. And I'm not saying Jimmy doesn't have these interception but YAC is a hypocrite the way he judges one guy to the next. I personally see him and Cousins very similar as far as QB impact. In the 12-15 range.

Kirk makes these throws they possibly win. He does this constantly in big games. He hardly ever plays good against winning teams. I think many people just look at the stats instead of actually watch him. He's a good QB that struggles with good teams. There's is no denying that.

Like Jimmy he's a good QB most of the tome that can be excellent at times but also downright garbage at times. They are a lot alike in the area of inconsistency.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 25, 2022 at 5:55 AM ]

And this... I forgot the mention that. One of the best backs in the league and YAC says he didn't have anything.

Imagine the aneurysm YAC would have if this was Jimmy. It's flat out hypocrisy. And I'm not saying Jimmy doesn't have these interception but YAC is a hypocrite the way he judges one guy to the next. I personally see him and Cousins very similar as far as QB impact.

Oh my god! Stop the press. Kirk had a bad game and threw 3 int's against a stout Philly defense. LOL

In 2019, the vikings went to the playoffs. They lost because Shanahan took the ball out of Jimmy's hands and kept Kirk on the bench for most of the game.

In 2020, the vikings didn't make the playoffs. Kirk threw 35 TD's and 13 INT's. Their defense was giving up 29.1 ppg that season.

In 2021, the vikings didn't make the playoffs. Kirk threw 33 TD's and only 7 INT's and yet their offense averaged only 25.0 ppg. Doesn't sound like a Kirk issue. More like a coaching issue.

But please continue to ignore my original point that started your entire tirade.

Imagine the aneurysm YAC would have if this was Jimmy. It's flat out hypocrisy. And I'm not saying Jimmy doesn't have these interception but YAC is a hypocrite the way he judges one guy to the next. I personally see him and Cousins very similar as far as QB impact.

Oh my god! Stop the press. Kirk had a bad game and threw 3 int's against a stout Philly defense. LOL

In 2019, the vikings went to the playoffs. They lost because Shanahan took the ball out of Jimmy's hands and kept Kirk on the bench for most of the game.

In 2020, the vikings didn't make the playoffs. Kirk threw 35 TD's and 13 INT's. Their defense was giving up 29.1 ppg that season.

In 2021, the vikings didn't make the playoffs. Kirk threw 33 TD's and only 7 INT's and yet their offense averaged only 25.0 ppg. Doesn't sound like a Kirk issue. More like a coaching issue.

But please continue to ignore my original point that started your entire tirade.
That you said Cousins doesn't have a run game yet has one of the best running backs in the league?

No thanks. Providing facts is not a tirade btw. It's game day though. Enough negativity. You're a solid poster, you just have a a tunnel vision bias where Jimmy is bad but then make excuses for other guys.

That you said Cousins doesn't have a run game yet has one of the best running backs in the league?

No thanks. Providing facts is not a tirade btw. It's game day though. Enough negativity. You're a solid poster, you just have a a tunnel vision bias where Jimmy is bad but then make excuses for other guys.

When did I say that the vikings didn't have a good running back? What excuses have I made for other players?
When did I say that the vikings didn't have a good running back? What excuses have I made for other players?

You said he's never had a rushing attack like ours but he simply has. It was only about 166 yards difference, in 2020 he crushed us, in 2019 he was top 6 and we were top two. So yeah he's had a similar rushing attack.
Share 49ersWebzone