LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 267 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
I don't buy that Mahomes had 5 seconds on slightly less than 30% of his passes and i quote "before the pressure came" but I think we're at a standstill here.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think your numbers are tremendously flawed.

Because they don't fit the narrative your trying to push?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Teams were just waiting the Niners out on Jimmy, they figured if no deal was made that the Niners would just cut him and then he could be had for nothing. There were numerous media reports which also cited that the Niners would inevitably have to release him because of his salary hit.
I do wonder what Washington had on the table for Jimmy.
Yikes. It's spicy in here.

Must be game game day in the Garoppolo thread!

Last week during the broadcast they said several "offers" were on the table for Jimmy as well right before resigning with us. Tony Dungy said Lynch kept his price high and was proud of him for not caving in to a lower offer. Found that interesting.
Originally posted by pdc20:
It´s Dalvin Cook´s stats I think not the total rushing offense for the Vikings.

And this... I forgot the mention that. One of the best backs in the league and YAC says he didn't have anything.

Imagine the aneurysm YAC would have if this was Jimmy. It's flat out hypocrisy. And I'm not saying Jimmy doesn't have these interception but YAC is a hypocrite the way he judges one guy to the next. I personally see him and Cousins very similar as far as QB impact. In the 12-15 range

Kirk makes these throws they possibly win. He does this constantly in big games. He hardly ever plays good against winning teams. I think many people just look at the stats instead of actually watch him. He's a good QB that struggles with good teams. There's is no denying that.

Like Jimmy he's a good QB most of the tome that can be excellent at times but also downright garbage at times. They are a lot alike in the area of inconsistency.

I don't diagree with any of this. Which is why I believe you completely missed my original point. Or perhaps it was the "if not more than it has been with Jimmy" part of my point that triggered you. If that is the case, I am sorry but Kirk has an arm that can keep defenses from stacking the box and crowding the LOS. Of course Shanahan would have a high risk adverse level with Kirk as he does with Jimmy because I agree that they are both inconsistent.

I was also defending Shanahan in that argument because I believe he could have been just as successful with Kirk as he has been with Jimmy. Jimmy is great when the run game is on but when its not, we need far more passes that aren't short to medium and in the middle of the field. Is it a Jimmy thing or is it a Shanahan thing? Imo, its a trust thing.

Jimmy did seem fired up after the game talking about winging it. He probably meant to say slinging it. Because he had some opportunities to throw the ball deep and outside which is not something we see a whole lot of with Jimmy. He tends to under throw them. He did have a good throw to Aiyuk that Aiyuk dropped. The other three were severly under thrown. Thank god for DB's that don't turn and look for the ball in coverage. Defenses are too damn good in the playoffs to consistently get 30-40 rushes a game. You need that deep ball to keep them on their heels. Imo, that deep ball needs to be a lot more consistent if we want to win #6.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Last week during the broadcast they said several "offers" were on the table for Jimmy as well right before resigning with us. Tony Dungy said Lynch kept his price high and was proud of him for not caving in to a lower offer. Found that interesting.

Lol I'm beginning to wonder if Jimmy was aware about Washington and decided to have surgery.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Jimmy had an average of 2.78 overall TTT when it came to all dropbacks. That was better than Joe Burrow and Matthew Stafford who both played in the SB. Jimmy also had a significantly higher ATT than those two. Meaning those 2 QB's had less time to throw in the pocket than Jimmy had but was still able to make it to the SB with one of them ultimately winning it all. So to say that Jimmy is at no fault for the loss in the NFCCG and it was all on PP is a false narrative.

To say he was the only reason is also a false narrative.That was a team loss all around and trying to blame just one guy is short sighted, and shows a lack of understanding of how football actually works as a team sport.
When did I say that the vikings didn't have a good running back? What excuses have I made for other players?

You said he's never had a rushing attack like ours but he simply has. It was only about 166 yards difference, in 2020 he crushed us, in 2019 he was top 6 and we were top two. So yeah he's had a similar rushing attack.

You put up a decieving stat chart and I fell for it. You got me but not as bad as you think you did. I said their yards per carry was good. Where I tripped up was not cross referencing the stats you provided and I assumed they didn't run the ball enough. I also never stated that he has never had a rushing attack like ours. I think we are more commited to the run game than the vikings and our defenses have been better.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Lol I'm beginning to wonder if Jimmy was aware about Washington and decided to have surgery.

Who knows. I'm sure Kyle had some advice for him about Washington. But one thing we do know is Lynch said they aren't just going to give away a good player esp. at a premium position. It's starting to sound like that's exactly what happened.

Glad it worked out though because this would be another Mullens-like season otherwise.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Jimmy had an average of 2.78 overall TTT when it came to all dropbacks. That was better than Joe Burrow and Matthew Stafford who both played in the SB. Jimmy also had a significantly higher ATT than those two. Meaning those 2 QB's had less time to throw in the pocket than Jimmy had but was still able to make it to the SB with one of them ultimately winning it all. So to say that Jimmy is at no fault for the loss in the NFCCG and it was all on PP is a false narrative.

To say he was the only reason is also a false narrative.That was a team loss all around and trying to blame just one guy is short sighted, and shows a lack of understanding of how football actually works as a team sport.

I guess you didn't spend anytime in the O line thread this off season. Because if you had, you would have seen all the stats I provided that put plenty of blame on them.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
when the play is designed to progress starting on the left half of the entire field away from Aiyuk, then the chances of that 'throw' to be made in the first place are automatically going to be drastically reduced anyway.

I know that the explanation/excuse will eventually be overtaken,...but from my vantage point, and as said here....

Just as with Jimmy's play (although different),...the progressions clearly begin on the other side. But the much younger Mahomes (2018?) opts to take advantage of the 1-on-1.

This is the next step in this offense that seems to have never been taken. People are saying they want Jimmy to have more freedom within the offense. I'm just showing an example of it that's pretty clear and available.

Maholmes isn't looking to start the play on the opposite side of the field the way Jimmy is in his example.

If Jimmy did have a choice to choose that 1 on 1, then yea, why wouldn't he?

can we get all22 from the game by chance or no? would like that behind-view from Jimmy

I dont doubt Jimmy's physical ability to make that throw. I just want to see him attempt it. that's the context I agree with if I'm saying "a better QB" makes that throw. rather, a better QB *attempts that throw.
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Sep 25, 2022 at 7:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Win or lose zones gonna be fun tomorrow.

tomorrow? not the entire week?
Let's go JG! Bring us another W and get the team out of there healthy! Looking forward to us being 2-1 tonight.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Win or lose zones gonna be fun tomorrow.

tomorrow? not the entire week?

I am not worried about Denver. Seattle and Houston did not run the ball enough on them. Penny averaged 5.0 ypc but only had 12 touches. Pierce averaged 4.6 ypc but only had 15 touches. Seattle had a total of 19 carries in the game and Houston only had 18. We get 30 carries in this game tonight and we win.
Share 49ersWebzone