LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 243 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I am not worried about Denver. Seattle and Houston did not run the ball enough on them. Penny averaged 5.0 ypc but only had 12 touches. Pierce averaged 4.6 ypc but only had 15 touches. Seattle had a total of 19 carries in the game and Houston only had 18. We get 30 carries in this game tonight and we win.

Let's run it and keep the chains moving - because no matter how much Denver's offense is out of sync right now, we've seen Wilson pull enough rabbits out of his hat in the final seconds. So let's keep him off the field.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Everyone saying nobody wanted Jimmy can stfu now thanks

I always said there was a market for him and he was better than what a handful of people were gonna toss out there…also said if he was as good as some in here proclaimed his injury wouldn't have stopped anyone from trading for him
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Everyone saying nobody wanted Jimmy can stfu now thanks

I always said there was a market for him and he was better than what a handful of people were gonna toss out there…also said if he was as good as some in here proclaimed his injury wouldn't have stopped anyone from trading for him

Totally get that take. Was there any NFL equivalent to a QB traded during a surgery? Sounds like Lynch set a high trade bar either way and didn't relent.
I'd of felt really bad if JG was sent to Washington… what a s**t hole franchise in shambles. No wonder he chose to get surgery. Lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
Totally get that take. Was there any NFL equivalent to a QB traded during a surgery? Sounds like Lynch set a high trade bar either way and didn't relent.

I think the point with his surgery was it wasn't a long-term issue. He was 100% recovering from it and was never on doubt to play this season
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think the point with his surgery was it wasn't a long-term issue. He was 100% recovering from it and was never on doubt to play this season

If it was a 25 year old QB that coming off a couple of spectacular seasons, I think most teams would have taken a chance and made a trade. The difference is that Jimmy is 30 and has shown that he is good but not great. Plus he already had 2 other serious injuries which I'm sure teams considered.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by random49er:
Alright I'll do your homework for you.

2nd and 9 I've already highlighted, right? Well how bout the very next play?

Here's the 3rd and 9 that led to the punt. Freeze-framed it for you so you could see just how badly Aiyuk had beaten his man.

Familiar theme: Pre-decided to go with the closer route,...even though the player was short of the sticks anyway.

Again,...Aiyuk is RIGHT THERE for the 1st. Must we really repeat the same thing over and over about Jimmy for you to really believe it happens routinely?

And why are we doing this anyway when our main film guy will tell you that Shanahan didn't want a 1st down throw on 3rd down, abhors Jimmy throwing to Aiyuk in single coverage,....will throw a bunch of play designs and words u dont understand at you, and you'll just going to go for it as always?

Aiyuk is an option on this play but Jimmy chose to work the concept side instead of his X WR 1v1. Good route from Aiyuk.
Is that video cropped off or does SEA have 10 defenders?

Cropped
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Maholmes isn't looking to start the play on the opposite side of the field the way Jimmy is in his example.

If Jimmy did have a choice to choose that 1 on 1, then yea, why wouldn't he?

He's an experienced QB by now,...he's not a robot. Let's stop with the excuses.
Shocker a deal for Jimmy worth multiple picks was agreed too prior to surgery…
This is laughable. Still talking about Jimmy getting traded with all the oohs and aahs.

There was never any plan to trade Jimmy before September, if even that..

FO had to talk it up for Trey's mental state.

They went through the OTA and training camp motions, did the evaluations, and -- surprise -- said not this year for Trey.

Like, we didn't know that in February.

Then what happened happened. Not gonna get into a discussion about it.

And here we are with Jimmy.

Let's talk about the present.

Jimmy gonna do better with a fixed up arm.

He will do better on turnovers than last year, which was a BIG improvement over 2019 (fumbles).

Start polishing the hardware baby, cuz Jimmy Moses gonna take us to the promised land.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This is laughable. Still talking about Jimmy getting traded with all the oohs and aahs.

They went through the OTA and training camp motions, did the evaluations, and -- surprise -- said not this year for Trey.

He will do better on turnovers than last year, which was a BIG improvement over 2019 (fumbles).

Start polishing the hardware baby, cuz Jimmy Moses gonna take us to the promised land.

Super Bowl with Jimmy G.

Had to pick up Jimmy in fantasy since Herbert might not play today and Matt Ryan was my s**tty backup
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Had to pick up Jimmy in fantasy since Herbert might not play today and Matt Ryan was my s**tty backup

I'm sorry
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I hope you're right. I hope he is able to stay on schedule and he can continue doing what he does best through the playoffs and SB. I also hope we don't need to hit any 3's from half court in any of those win or go home situations. Here is to another quest for 6.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Sep 25, 2022 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If it was a 25 year old QB that coming off a couple of spectacular seasons, I think most teams would have taken a chance and made a trade. The difference is that Jimmy is 30 and has shown that he is good but not great. Plus he already had 2 other serious injuries which I'm sure teams considered.

That's kinda the point. He's injury prone and not an amazing QB.
Share 49ersWebzone