🚨SALE: 25% Off 49ers Gear Ends Tonight! →

There are 127 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:
Dude knows what it takes to be champion...going to show the kids in our locker room those two superbowl rings and lead them to be better....

"So uhh......we just all looked to Brady and he winked and smiled at us and said "relax, I got this!"

He's been in it, experienced the culture...contributed to the season....he's seen the GOAT every day in practice, learned from him...has worked with some of the most innovative coaches in the league. He's not going to accept lazy mediocrity from his teammates.
Originally posted by DJamhour:
I love the trade but I'm more worried about the the deal. I'm praying it's a Brock Osweiler type deal. Roughly 18M a year. I'm sure they must have some type of verbal agreement about contract terms ..

My guess would be about 4 years, $80 million with $40-45 million in guarantees.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kap? Girls liked Kap?

Only if they have a fixation for close eye sets.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Damn I thought it might be longer than 3 weeks before he gets in there, but he seems hungry as s**t.

This is good for CJ. This whole time he was around a QB who was insecure..needed to be given the starting role.

This time he will be around someone legit confident, not one who has to mention his own confidence over and over...because he really isn't.

We'll see the best of what CJ really has... this year and forward.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love the trade but I'm more worried about the the deal. I'm praying it's a Brock Osweiler type deal. Roughly 18M a year. I'm sure they must have some type of verbal agreement about contract terms ..

I say it's a little longer - 5yrs/$100M.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Dude is a stud. His release is lightning quick. His feet are very quick as well, almost too quick at times.

You can see how quick his feet and his release are here. Not just that, but how well he marries his eyes and entire body. He goes from scrambling to setting up a throwing platform and getting the ball out in the blink of an eye.

That was a nice throw, keeping his eyes downfield.
He shows good pocket awareness to slide and shuffle around when needed. Gets the ball out fast. Small sample but he is really comfortable in shotgun spread where the throws are more defined.
I thought this was his best throw in the two starts he made in 2016. Versus a single high safety look, the red and yellow routes look to horizontally stretch the FS.
vs Fire Zone blitz

JG first looks to his right and it gets the FS (blue) moving over.

JG looks to his left. Orange route holds the orange deep 1/3. There's a window to hit the seam, away from the direction the FS has moved. Pressure given up by the left guard so JG has to step forward to avoid the rush.

He keeps his non-throwing shoulder pointed forward so that he remains in a position to throw. Not afraid to step into a throw when a defender is coming.

Ball placed high so the WR has to highpoint. Done to avoid a head on collision with the FS. +24
Originally posted by DonaldTrump:
Originally posted by 49_852:
how sure are we that he's going to resign with the team after this year? Do we really want to franchise tag him if he doesn't sign?

Great question it all depends how (if) he even plays. I know Cleveland wanted him pretty bad last off-season and belechik wouldn't never ok the trade

I feel better about it knowing we have another 2nd round pick from the saints.
I like the velocity and location of his passes off his back foot.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 31, 2017 at 12:14 AM ]
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but I'm calling it right now. Browns pass on Qb, take RB from Penn st. 49ers trade the #2 pick in the draft for a Goff-Wentz haul.

Niners will have 3 1st, 3 2nd, and 4 3rd rnd picks..10 picks in 1st 3 rounds of next 2 drafts.

Get your popcorn ready! It's going down.

That would be the best case! I'd be going crazy, and extremely excited. Having a FQB along with a top of cap space and a million early draft picks. Talk about speeding up the rebuild

They might look to bring in Joe Thomas's successor
Christmas came early! Now lets just beat the Cardinals this week. I'll take one win this season

Dear lord. The way he navigated the pocket. Talk about feeling it.
This is my favorite pass from him so far.

The seems about right at 20ish maybe 5 years?, Brock got 18M, Mike Glennon got $15M a year Cousins is likely going to be looking for near $30M this offseason above Staffords 27M.

So if Jimmy plays a few games for us and he doesn't look good due to lack of talent on this team will he still get the same amount as him not playing a down for us this year?
[ Edited by DJamhour on Oct 31, 2017 at 12:11 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
Christmas came early! Now lets just beat the Cardinals this week. I'll take one win this season

Good to not have to root for them to lose every game.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 31, 2017 at 12:21 AM ]
Still can't believe the bomb Lynch just dropped...this is insane
Share 49ersWebzone