LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 155 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Yeah I saw the color coded arrows. For that specific play the throw could have been slightly better but it was still a very catchable ball that Aiyuk should have come up with. My point wasn't about any specific play though but that still frames aren't a great way to break down the game of football in general.

Lol all I was saying. Not sure why others cant admit what's clearly there.

same and in agreement. could've been slightly better ball based on what you pointed out. but still a very catchable ball and hope BA catches it next time because he is a damn good receiver.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Nov 15, 2022 at 7:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I feel like I need cataract surgery after seeing some of the stills posted in here. This thread teetered back and forth along the lines of absurdity about 800 times, in both directions. Today it is one flew over the cuckoo's nest crazy.

Still shots do seem to be a slightly inadequate way to analyze such a frenetic game as football.

oh, completely lol

So you're saying you dont see the green arrow,...where the ball could've been placed without having Aiyuk in trouble? It's literally simply on the other side of his body...not 2 or 3 yards.

Red = leading into the defender
Green = Touchdown
Peach = A a catch most of the time w/Aiyuk perhaps,...but not always.

He's open.

I've watched the play.

just completely disingenuous and ludicrous to entertain this level of nit pick.

he dropped an easy TD.

100% Aiyuk here.

Not nitpicking,....just replying to your original comment that the ball in front would've gotten him in trouble with the DB.

The arrow clearly shows that that's not the case.

It still should've been caught because it's Aiyuk.
I thought Jimmy has played well for the most part the past couple games. Seems to be seeing his reads and not turning the ball over. I haven't see the all-22 to see if there was missed opportunities, but overall outside of a couple inaccurate balls and knowing that limitations of play calls overall….his job, which is manage the game and convert on 3rd down.
Yeah I saw the color coded arrows. For that specific play the throw could have been slightly better but it was still a very catchable ball that Aiyuk should have come up with. My point wasn't about any specific play though but that still frames aren't a great way to break down the game of football in general.

Lol all I was saying. Not sure why others cant admit what's clearly there.

I see what you're saying but I stand by the rest of my comment as well. It was still a catchable ball and s**t just isn't going to be perfect every time. Ultimately it was an unfortunate outcome to a brillaintly ran route by BA but I think they connect on that more times than not going forward.
I feel like I need cataract surgery after seeing some of the stills posted in here. This thread teetered back and forth along the lines of absurdity about 800 times, in both directions. Today it is one flew over the cuckoo's nest crazy.

Still shots do seem to be a slightly inadequate way to analyze such a frenetic game as football.

oh, completely lol

So you're saying you dont see the green arrow,...where the ball could've been placed without having Aiyuk in trouble? It's literally simply on the other side of his body...not 2 or 3 yards.

Green = Touchdown

He's open.

I've watched the play.

he dropped an easy TD.

100% Aiyuk here.

Not nitpicking,....just replying to your original comment that the ball in front would've gotten him in trouble with the DB.

The arrow clearly shows that that's not the case.

It still should've been caught because it's Aiyuk.

why dont you watch again in real time.

Originally posted by picklejuice:
same and in agreement. could've been slightly better ball based on what you pointed out. but still catchable ball and hope BA catches it next time because he is a damn good receiver.

you guys too.

as Kegbert said, it's such an inadequate way to analyze such a frenetic game as football with just a quick zoomed-in screen cap alone. completely disingenuous.
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Nov 15, 2022 at 8:01 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
And this ignores the great designs Kyle called which got huge gains. It also ignores the strong possibility on a lot of those first and second downs that EXECUTION was the problem.

How about jimmy and the O did a great job of executing the plays on crucial downs that Kyle put in place? We can give both of them credit?

jimmy benefits from kyles system and play calling while Kyle benefits from Jimmys execution, accuracy, and composure.

Yup. Even if this was one of Kyle's most vanilla game plans ever.

The good news is if we play a 3rd string team in the playoffs, we know we can still have a come-from-behind win in the 4Q with a run-centric game plan playing behind the sticks.

When Mitchell got the ball on 1st down he had carries of 3 yds, 7 yds, 8 yds, 9 yds, 7 yds, 12 yds, 1 yd and 6 yds. When CMC got the ball on 1st down he had carries of 4 yds, -1 yd, -1 yd, 3 yds, 5 yds, 12 yds, 0 yds, 0 yds and -3 yds. When Deebo got the ball on 1st down he had carries of 15 yds, 5 yds and 0 yds. On 1st down, Jimmy threw 3 incompletions, was sacked once and kneeled once. Only 1 pass on 1st down that was completed didn't go for a 1st down but instead went for 8. And 1 pass on 1st down that would have moved the chains ended up being a fumble and a turnover. The only reason that 2nd and long stat that you are throwing around to knock Kyle exists is because most of CMC's 1st down carries went nowhere. Mitchell didn't have that problem running it on 1st down.

Back up a few more steps. The reason we're a 2nd and long offense is because every DC in the world knows we're running on first downs more than any other team with the exception of three others.

Post #50448
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/187983-49ers-head-coach-kyle-shanahan-thread/page3364/

That is not QB-friendly. That is not OL-friendly. IMHO, of course.
Not sure about pass to set up the run for this past game, seems like we didn't the offense going until we started running more.

Maicco did some radio interviews on local radio on these 5 man defensive fronts schemes (LAC, Den, Atl). Coordinators coming from the fangio tree and giving the 49ers the most trouble. He also said LAC is the last team we face who emphasize 5 man fronts so it should get a little easier to run

SEA has also shifted to a five man front. But there's another thing going on with the 1.5 gap scheme. However, just because a team is using a five man front doesn't mean they are 1.5 gap. I know LAC uses 1.5 because of Brandon Staley. I don't know which other teams use it.

as Kegbert said, it's such an inadequate way to analyze such a frenetic game as football with just a quick zoomed-in screen cap alone. completely disingenuous.

What gets lost (as usual) is the original post the picture was meant for:

reasoning about the throw being behind Brandonis validated even more; protecting the receiver. great ball placement.this is what the telecast didn't show in the replay

As the pics show,...throwing behind wasn't necessary at all to protect Brandon in this case. Neither was the later throw behind Brandon that he did catch (gif provided). Not at all planned,..he just happens to do that sometimes and luckily, he has some stud players to throw to.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 15, 2022 at 8:22 AM ]
Jimmy and Kittle were at court side last night enjoying the Warriors 35 point blowout. I hope that gives them an incentive to do the same to the Cards.

reasoning about the throw being behind Brandonis validated even more; protecting the receiver. great ball placement.this is what the telecast didn't show in the replay

As the pics show,...throwing behind wasn't necessary at all to protect Brandon in this case. Neither was the later throw behind Brandon that he did catch (gif provided). Not at all planned,..he just happens to do that sometimes and luckily, he has some stud players to throw to.
classic subzero lol

I'm aware of the original post you're replying to.

this is why what you were trying to showcase is disingenuous;

that's what your "picture" shows.

your stills don't capture momentum.
Aiyuk didn't just stop on a dime and wait for that ball.
his momentum is going forward, and that's what the video shows after the play is over with how he rolls toward the incoming defender.

this is why the ball was placed where it was or where it's intent was.

you can make any conclusion you want clicking pause on any given play at any given time.

conclusions should be based on video playback, not a still.

That's why it was concluded by me the ball was thrown accurately and where should have been.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

reasoning about the throw being behind Brandon is validated even more; protecting the receiver. great ball placement.

this is what the telecast didn't show in the replay

What I find most interesting is posters INSISTANCE that it was a great throw. Both players could've done better. Aiyuk's not totally to blame for not getting that one,...but it is expected of him. He caught a bad ball behind him to pretty much end the game as well on the CMac score.

On "protection".....I see it as a farce and I'll Illustrate such from the same video you're posting....

His momentum is having him run to the right. It's not easy to reach back and make every grab.

"Protecting" him would be to keep the ball away from the red arrow,...but that wasn't necessary!!

Mind you,...the telecast is also not catching the way Aiyuk's contorting his body to slow down and reach back, but his legs in this still here does.

Even then with the effort to reach back,...Just a couple feet forward (see the green) and it's a catch,...and it's NOT risking the WR or not protecting him, as the image clearly shows. Even if he was trying to protecting him (which I doubt, just knowing Jimmy), that doesn't suddenly make the ball more catchable from Aiyuk's perspective.

Risking him would be a couple yards forward (again,...red), not feet (green). But I know,...football is a game of inches.

It's just a throw that could've been caught better by Aiyuk (because he's just that good) and could've by chance been thrown better by Jimmy. He had a # of errant ones even on little pressure that night.

Are you the same poster who tried to convince everyone the throw to kittle that he dropped that one time wasn't a good throw with some stills??

No way that was random who made that argument about the Kittle drop?? It all makes sense
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Like I said originally, Jimmy saved Kyle's ass on Sunday night overcoming 11 2nd and longs in 10 possessions and 3rd downs.

Good job Jimmy!

Part of his job for being paid millions that he almost loss and HAD TO take a pay cut to stay as the backup? Or he can play like pure s**t bonehead 45-55 (instead of 68 Sunday night or 72 at best) and not get anymore incentives and be bench for Mr. irrelevant and on top of that won't bode well for his future in the NFL after this season?

Stop being:
https://youtu.be/9Tg24wYguMo

If that happens even the cheerleaders won't be fist bumping Jimmy anymore 🤣

Dude you're trying way too hard. Go hug someone.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

reasoning about the throw being behind Brandon is validated even more; protecting the receiver. great ball placement.

this is what the telecast didn't show in the replay

What I find most interesting is posters INSISTANCE that it was a great throw. Both players could've done better. Aiyuk's not totally to blame for not getting that one,...but it is expected of him. He caught a bad ball behind him to pretty much end the game as well on the CMac score.

On "protection".....I see it as a farce and I'll Illustrate such from the same video you're posting....

His momentum is having him run to the right. It's not easy to reach back and make every grab.

"Protecting" him would be to keep the ball away from the red arrow,...but that wasn't necessary!!

Mind you,...the telecast is also not catching the way Aiyuk's contorting his body to slow down and reach back, but his legs in this still here does.

Even then with the effort to reach back,...Just a couple feet forward (see the green) and it's a catch,...and it's NOT risking the WR or not protecting him, as the image clearly shows. Even if he was trying to protecting him (which I doubt, just knowing Jimmy), that doesn't suddenly make the ball more catchable from Aiyuk's perspective.

Risking him would be a couple yards forward (again,...red), not feet (green). But I know,...football is a game of inches.

It's just a throw that could've been caught better by Aiyuk (because he's just that good) and could've by chance been thrown better by Jimmy. He had a # of errant ones even on little pressure that night.

LOL.

gonna be a long week.

I called it right when it happened lol. We'll get another 30-40 pages out of this throw/drop.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Dude you're trying way too hard. Go hug someone.

Be careful man. Phoenix says he's laying down the hammer on this stuff now. RIP TD49er
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

oh, completely lol

Green = Touchdown

He's open.

I've watched the play.

he dropped an easy TD.

100% Aiyuk here.

According to Random, it can be 100% Aiyuk but also 87% Jimmy. That was his argument on the Kittle drop against Green Bay anyway lol.
Share 49ersWebzone