There are 125 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
No one is really off topic. Just stating that you can't say kyle was to blame for early downs, but had to part in 3rd down success. Dude calls plays on all 3 downs last I checked.

and as far as Lombardi and his expertise…he said advanced stats no saying from where.. so assuming what it was then calling some a lier is chicken s**t.

NC does it to himself, he deflects and moves goalposts so much that we all end up debating about something completely different.

You guys all seem to be arguing something different which happens when 1 person is fending off multiple posters.

He's saying that the play calling didn't help the QB or OL. you guys don't seem to be disputing that. You are focused on why the coach can be blamed for 1st and 2nd downs and the QB gets credit on 3rd downs.

While also disputing if advanced stats(or whatever) is coming from PFF or another site (no bearings on initial QB or OL point) or if it's an opinion or facts based off of stats ( again no bearing on initial QB or OL point). So that is off topic.

I for one too am curious as to why NC believes this. I say that not listening to that podcast nor wanting to. As when I go to te play by play I only see 1 3rd and long in the 1st half and that was due in part to delay of game on 2nd down. 3rd quarter was one 3rd and long due to naked boot that KM blew up. The 4th quarter is where they become abundant. 1 due to holding penalty. The rest due to Kyle puckering up with a lead in the 4th.
Originally posted by NCommand:
When he's referencing "advanced stats" that is PFF. Again, you deflect. That was NOT an opinion but a reference to a metric.

No it's not lol. It can be half a dozen other data sites same as pro-reference, who has an advanced stat database all the same. Make an assumption then calling me a lier after he never said PFF? That's lame man.

deflecting? I said it was his opinion stating that it was all Jimmy on 3rd downs. There is no data to back up that it was all him…like I said it's not like Kyle doesn't call plays on 3rd down.

Lombardi references PFF. You simply need to listen to 2 pods to know that.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Its worth noting, we underperformed vs the Chargers un the run game, compared to their season average. We overperformed in the pass game compared to their season average.

heard something like that from Lombardi
Originally posted by krizay:
No one is really off topic. Just stating that you can't say kyle was to blame for early downs, but had to part in 3rd down success. Dude calls plays on all 3 downs last I checked.

and as far as Lombardi and his expertise…he said advanced stats no saying from where.. so assuming what it was then calling some a lier is chicken s**t.

NC does it to himself, he deflects and moves goalposts so much that we all end up debating about something completely different.

You guys all seem to be arguing something different which happens when 1 person is fending off multiple posters.

He's saying that the play calling didn't help the QB or OL. you guys don't seem to be disputing that. You are focused on why the coach can be blamed for 1st and 2nd downs and the QB gets credit on 3rd downs.

While also disputing if advanced stats(or whatever) is coming from PFF or another site (no bearings on initial QB or OL point) or if it's an opinion or facts based off of stats ( again no bearing on initial QB or OL point). So that is off topic.

I for one too am curious as to why NC believes this. I say that not listening to that podcast nor wanting to. As when I go to te play by play I only see 1 3rd and long in the 1st half and that was due in part to delay of game on 2nd down. 3rd quarter was one 3rd and long due to naked boot that KM blew up. The 4th quarter is where they become abundant. 1 due to holding penalty. The rest due to Kyle puckering up with a lead in the 4th.

[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 15, 2022 at 11:50 AM ]
Im curious about the audible argument.

"Can" calls are switching to the 2nd play called in, not necessarily an audible. It can be a run to a run, a run to a pass a pass to a different pass. Without knowing the parameters of the gameplan, we can't know if it's a Jimmy or Kyle "can" and why.

"Oscar" is flipping the play from one side to the other.

"Rhino" is changing the snap count to, "on one".

NC went on a rant about kyle not having hot routes built into his concepts back in the KC game (I think he changed his opinion on this later). He also stated that Jimmy has absolutely no freedom once the play call has been given…Which I call nonsense. Like you said there's audibles built into those concepts, flipping plays or going to a different play. Calling hot routes etc. the coaches headset shuts off at 15 secs. So Jimmy has to make the right pre-snap reads.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Its worth noting, we underperformed vs the Chargers un the run game, compared to their season average. We overperformed in the pass game compared to their season average.

heard something like that from Lombardi

Damn YouTuber!
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Haha. I can barely keep up myself with you, Hoov, 9ers4eva, YAC and NY. It's a lot of work. LOL

Been there especially tough once someone gets you off topic then next shark jumps in. You sir, are an oak!

Haha. Notice how they always come in together at the same time like a bunch of girls going to the bathroom together?

That is some low blow s**t right there, NC. But I still have love ya.

Haha. That wasn't at you and NY...already been talking to you two.

Kyle's a REALLY sensitive topic so I get it that too (see the poll).

I just try to note observations and patterns and the ONE podcast I happen to listen to today working out also covered it so brought it here as well.

It's easy as a fan to look at a QB. It's far more difficult to look at an OC.

I have zero issue with Jimmy's performance against the LAC's. The stat sheet would have looked even better if my boy Aiyuk didn't drop that TD pass. As far as OC, I mentioned a page or two back what would be my criteria for questioning the playcaller in a game. I am also not saying that Kyle's play calling is perfect or that he doesn't ever make poor decisions. I am actually more concerned with the discipline of his players (penalties, fumbles and drops) than anything else. He needs to be hard on them when they make mistakes like that because it could very well be the difference between winning and losing.
That is some low blow s**t right there, NC. But I still have love ya.

Love him too.
fk'em ..tough love

On a serious note. Please forgive me if I missed this. What exactly is your reasoning for saying he didn't help the QB or OL.
I have zero issue with Jimmy's performance against the LAC's. The stat sheet would have looked even better if my boy Aiyuk didn't drop that TD pass.

BA dropped it to keep JGs record of 10-2 in games with 0 TD passes intact

Best QB since 1950 at winning games sans TD pass

Take that! ... Otto Graham

I've been on that side plenty of times, so I get it.

no he said that Jimmy saved kyle's ass (his words I believe) on 3rd downs. Like Kyle's play calling didn't play a part….which I call nonsense.

NC is the one that brought up whatever with that pod, he then called me a lier after I listened to it and it didn't say jacks**t about PFF. He made an assumption about it…then called me a lier, which is chicken s**t. Even you who dislikes me should agree about that.

I said Lombardi saying that it was all Jimmy is in fact an opinion…yes he played a part and that's great, there's play calls that go into all of that. You can't (imo) acknowledge bad play calling on two downs then not talk about good play calling on the most important down (and say it was just QB play).

that's what I'm pointing out. My issue with the offense overall was in the RZ and imo it was lack of execution and play calling. I do agree Kyle got conservative in the 4th
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Otto Graham

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I have zero issue with Jimmy's performance against the LAC's. The stat sheet would have looked even better if my boy Aiyuk didn't drop that TD pass.

I've been on that side plenty of times, so I get it.

no he said that Jimmy saved kyle's ass (his words I believe) on 3rd downs. Like Kyle's play calling didn't play a part….which I call nonsense.

NC is the one that brought up whatever with that pod, he then called me a lier after I listened to it and it didn't say jacks**t about PFF. He made an assumption about it…then called me a lier, which is chicken s**t. Even you who dislikes me should agree about that.

I said Lombardi saying that it was all Jimmy is in fact an opinion…yes he played a part and that's great, there's play calls that go into all of that. You can't (imo) acknowledge bad play calling on two downs then not talk about good play calling on the most important down (and say it was just QB play).

that's what I'm pointing out. My issue with the offense overall was in the RZ and imo it was lack of execution and play calling. I do agree Kyle got conservative in the 4th

His redzone play calling. His not adjusting his pass plays when they take away our run (meaning still constantly motioning and play fakes when no one is biting) is my ONLY issues with Kyle.

On a serious note. Please forgive me if I missed this. What exactly is your reasoning for saying he didn't help the QB or OL.

They geared up for stuffing our run. There's a graph showing how we run the 3rd most of any team on 1st downs. Their DC knows us well from the Rams. It lead to 11 2nd and longs which then lead to negative cumulative yards on 1st and 2nd downs per advanced PFF stats and ultimately, lead to a number of 3rd and 8+'s Jimmy needed to convert to complete a 4Q comeback win.

In short, being that predictable (and stubborn) put both our OL and QB behind an 8-ball. Kyle simply didn't make it easy on a unit that has a number of weapons (and health now).

I had no issues with the game plan originally. We're 24th coming in so I'm sure Kyle wanted to get that going after 2 weeks of gearing up against a defense that struggled against the run (+2 more in-game injuries to their DT's).

But once it was clear what they were doing (3.8 ypc), I felt Kyle needed to do a better job of switching to pass to set up the run and soften them up before getting back to ground and pound.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 15, 2022 at 12:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone