There are 126 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Unfortunately that's far and between as it's always just putting the guy down.

I agree he is plenty upgradable and i am not going to lose any sleep once Trey gets healthy but finding any excuse just to be negative every day really ruins this place. He's not as bad as he's made out to be(or good by some but they don't over power threads). Even after wins. This thread since I've signed up has been nothing but breaking him down and b***hing and moaning despite being on a winning streak. It's kind of embarrassing really.

I don't think that's the issue. I think it's that you guys simply need to give this thread more action:

Silver Lining Thread -- Positive People Come!!

Keep things that should be safe in there so it stays towards the top of the 1st page and problem solved.

You can try so now but I'd imagine you'll be bored within minutes and come back here to see what's up?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Franchise408:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
If he goes on a playoff run like Flacco and wins a Superbowl mvp, then I see a world where the Niners pay him on pure emotion.

I think you really underestimate how badly the fans want to win a Lombardi here. They're not going to react to this with logic

Eh, you underestimate the hatred this fanbase has for Jimmy.

There's a not-insignificant segment of this fanbase that would rather lose with Trey than to win it all with Jimmy.

A third of the people who responded to my poll about trading Jimmy right now for two firsts said they would do it. So they'd rather lose with Purdy than win with Jimmy lol.
Originally posted by Furlow:
A third of the people who responded to my poll about trading Jimmy right now for two firsts said they would do it. So they'd rather lose with Purdy than win with Jimmy lol.

There is no guarantee that Purdy would lose, though.

And 2/3rds agreed with you on keeping him. That's an overwhelming majority. Nothing to fuss about here on this one. You won.

ItsX4Number6 ,....you say you are tired of seeing so much complaining here,...but here above,...Furlow loves Jimmy more than anyone and still brings a new complaint to the board. Some poll where Jimmy heavily won,...lol.

If you observe long enough you'll notice what's really happening in this thread 9x's out of 10.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 12:16 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Lol when I first started here a bit ago the conversation was about haters and I thought it was an immature conversation as I agreed that Jimmy is an ok QB but he's definitely flawed and saying so was being honest. But man... Some here go to any lengths, every...single...day... to harp on the guy. It's literally nonstop, every post. Say what you will but it's not non-bias talk, it's obvious one sided bias talk and it overwhelms what could and at some times is great football talk. Unfortunately that's far and between as it's always just putting the guy down.

I agree he is plenty upgradable and i am not going to lose any sleep once Trey gets healthy but finding any excuse just to be negative every day really ruins this place. He's not as bad as he's made out to be(or good by some but they don't over power threads). Even after wins. This thread since I've signed up has been nothing but breaking him down and b***hing and moaning despite being on a winning streak. It's kind of embarrassing really.

Now just think to yourself, it's been like this every single day since the Niner lost the Super Bowl in 2019. Actually even before that because the haters were saying Jimmy was getting carried during the playoffs. Actually even before that because after he got hurt in 2018 people said he was injury prone and overpaid.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:

And 2/3rds agreed with you on keeping him. That's an overwhelming majority. Nothing to fuss about here on this one. You won.

ItsX4Number6 ,....you say you are tired of seeing so much complaining here,...but here above,...Furlow loves Jimmy more than anyone and still brings a new complaint to the board. Some poll where Jimmy heavily won,...lol.

If you observe long enough you'll notice what's really happening in this thread 9x's out of 10.

He said he's tired of hearing the complaining about Jimmy.

Yes.

Yes.

To clarify,...just in the last couple pages ...you complain that 67% of people wouldn't want to trade Jimmy for 2 1sts right now, and before that I replied to someone suggesting Jimmy carried us through the playoffs in 2019.

The day B4....Jimmy is better than Montana and Young.

This stuff comes up....out of....nowhere!!

So I'd bet that 90% of what he's reading are not people complaining about Jimmy at all, but rather, responses to nonsensical rationale.

Starting fires for no warranted reason,...then complaining when they get replied to.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 12:29 PM ]

Yes.

To clarify,...just in the last couple pages ...you complain that 67% of people wouldn't want to trade Jimmy for 2 1sts right now, and before that I replied to someone suggesting Jimmy carried us through the playoffs in 2019.

So I'd bet that 90% of what he's reading are not people complaining about Jimmy at all, but rather, responses to nonsensical rationale.

Starting fires for no warranted reason,...then complaining when they get replied to.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I don't know. It's been 6 years and he is the best qb Shanahan has been able to find by a mile. Still waiting for someone else and I'm not getting any younger.

When did he start looking? He got Jimmy the first yr he was a coach. And spare the Beathard/Hoyer b******t. No one thinks they were every meant to be the long-term guy.

Ya'll out of your damn minds if you think they're gonna just flush Lance down the toilet after four and a half QRS of football. Ya'll out of your minds if you think they're gonna choose Jimmy over Nick Bosa, because that's what you're doing.

no one cares if you're not getting younger.

Why the f**k wasn't he looking?? Shouldn't that have been the first thing he was doing???

And I care about not getting younger, so you're factually wrong.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Yes.

Who are you talking about? I did not say Jimmy was better than Montana nor Young. I actually said Goatie and whichever alleged 2nd person (according to Waterbear) was foolish for making that comparison.

I also wasn't complaining about 67% of people not wanting to trade Jimmy. I was responding to someone who said "don't underestimate the Niner fan hatred of Jimmy." So I responded with the fact that 1/3 of respondents to my poll said they'd trade Jimmy right now. Which means we have A LOT of Jimmy haters.

Instead of intentionally misquoting him, why not just quote his original post that I responded to, so that everyone can see it? But then that wouldn't fit your narrative...

Lol when I first started here a bit ago the conversation was about haters and I thought it was an immature conversation as I agreed that Jimmy is an ok QB but he's definitely flawed and saying so was being honest. But man... Some here go to any lengths, every...single...day... to harp on the guy. It's literally nonstop, every post. Say what you will but it's not non-bias talk, it's obvious one sided bias talk and it overwhelms what could and at some times is great football talk. Unfortunately that's far and between as it's always just putting the guy down.

Literally ALL of his complaints are about people hating on Jimmy "literally nonstop, every post."

"This thread since I've signed up has been nothing but breaking him down and b***hing and moaning despite being on a winning streak. It's kind of embarrassing really."

It's 100% clear that he's talking about the Jimmy haters, which you are proudly a part of.

I don't know. It's been 6 years and he is the best qb Shanahan has been able to find by a mile. Still waiting for someone else and I'm not getting any younger.

When did he start looking? He got Jimmy the first yr he was a coach. And spare the Beathard/Hoyer b******t. No one thinks they were every meant to be the long-term guy.

Ya'll out of your damn minds if you think they're gonna just flush Lance down the toilet after four and a half QRS of football. Ya'll out of your minds if you think they're gonna choose Jimmy over Nick Bosa, because that's what you're doing.

This is true. As much as we all love Jimmy, he deserves to get paid and we can't afford to do that and we've invested too much into Lance to give up on him before we even have an inkling of what we have or don't have in him. Doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

This is true. As much as we all love Jimmy, he deserves to get paid and we can't afford to do that and we've invested too much into Lance to give up on him before we even have an inkling of what we have or don't have in him. Doesn't make sense.
All star team..and barely playing above avg

does he deserve to get paid ?
Who are you talking about? I did not say Jimmy was better than Montana nor Young.

Calm down. I was clearly responding to someone saying (as you have said as well) they are tired of reading so much complaining about Jimmy.

I then backed up my thesis with extremely current examples of such "out of nowhere" topics brought here to get a rise out of everyone (you included again).

I never said or suggested u were the culprit of the Montana & Young thing.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 1:38 PM ]
I never said I wanted Jimmy to stay if that is what you are saying. I'm on the Lance train.
But people act like Jimmy wants to stay without factoring in that he might have no interest in staying regardless of what the fans or management wants.
Just sayin.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Lott42:
Who says Jimmy wants to stay here in the first place. Nobody seems to consider that angle.

Jimmy is a back-up. We have a QB1.
I also wasn't complaining about 67% of people not wanting to trade Jimmy. I was responding to someone who said "don't underestimate the Niner fan hatred of Jimmy." So I responded with the fact that 1/3 of respondents to my poll said they'd trade Jimmy right now. Which means we have A LOT of Jimmy haters.

If you are complaining that 1/3rd hate Jimmy....then you are also complaining that only 2/3rds LOVE Jimmy...me being one of the 1st in that 2/3rds.

Do I have the math and logic right,...or....?

You see what you just stepped into?

As you have stated things,...and since I'm the very first fan that told you I wouldn't trade him,...when do I get my official l Jimmy mug & sticker combo from you??

I mean I earned the damn thing, right?
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 1:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone